ImageImage

Bears Lead Up

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,237

Re: Bears Lead Up 

Post#41 » by PintSizedBox10 » Thu Dec 1, 2022 2:05 pm

Did Dr. Rogan perform Rodgers scans that came out 'looking good'? Kidding, Kidding...

All aboard the Love Train!

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,902

Post#42 » by coolhandluke121 » Thu Dec 1, 2022 3:45 pm

I get the tanking talk but it's arguably just as important to play well and feel better about certain guys on the team. Rodgers in particular needs at least a couple great games in order for us to dream of anything remotely resembling what they could have gotten from Denver last summer. I'm not necessarily hoping for that, just saying there's a potential silver lining even if it doesn't play out the way we're hoping. Draft position matters, but it's still not the NBA in that regard.

Even if Love plays, would you rather the Packers still suck and get a high pick, or would you rather see Love, Doubs, and Watson light it up? Would you rather the defense continue to suck, or would you have as much hope for the future if they started playing closer to the potential many thought they had as you would have had with a top-5 pick?
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#43 » by Treebeard » Thu Dec 1, 2022 4:21 pm

I know this season is swirling in the toilet, soon to be flushed down the drain. The idea of having a slew of picks with high draft position in every round will help the team rebuild, so the logical side of me accepts a loss as beneficial in the long run. The emotional fan side of me wants to beat the Bears and the Vikes in the worst way....

I want to see the young guys excel, period. Hope for the future, and all that... That's one of the few things that will give me pleasure regardless of the final score.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#44 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Dec 1, 2022 5:32 pm

I don't think its any forgone conclusion that Rodgers is gone after this season. In fact I'd put odds at better than 50% he's here.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,751

Post#45 » by JayMKE » Thu Dec 1, 2022 6:45 pm

Let Rodgers play against the Bears, shut him down for next 2, if he's healthy and Love doesn't win the job then let him finish up against Vikings and Lions for last hurrahs at Lambeau.
FREE GIANNIS
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,879

Post#46 » by RubberSoul » Thu Dec 1, 2022 9:18 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:I get the tanking talk but it's arguably just as important to play well and feel better about certain guys on the team. Rodgers in particular needs at least a couple great games in order for us to dream of anything remotely resembling what they could have gotten from Denver last summer. I'm not necessarily hoping for that, just saying there's a potential silver lining even if it doesn't play out the way we're hoping. Draft position matters, but it's still not the NBA in that regard.

Even if Love plays, would you rather the Packers still suck and get a high pick, or would you rather see Love, Doubs, and Watson light it up? Would you rather the defense continue to suck, or would you have as much hope for the future if they started playing closer to the potential many thought they had as you would have had with a top-5 pick?

If we win because Love Watson and Doubs are playing well that’s more than worth it to drop from 5 to 15 in draft. Love looking good is more important than anything else this season. Not predicting he will look good but hypothetically Packers winning because of Love is the best potential outcome of the season.

Worst outcome is Rodgers hobbling out there and winning a few games against bad teams 23-20 or something where there’s really nothing to get excited about.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#47 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Dec 2, 2022 4:05 pm

RubberSoul wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:I get the tanking talk but it's arguably just as important to play well and feel better about certain guys on the team. Rodgers in particular needs at least a couple great games in order for us to dream of anything remotely resembling what they could have gotten from Denver last summer. I'm not necessarily hoping for that, just saying there's a potential silver lining even if it doesn't play out the way we're hoping. Draft position matters, but it's still not the NBA in that regard.

If we win because Love Watson and Doubs are playing well that’s more than worth it to drop from 5 to 15 in draft. Love looking good is more important than anything else this season. Not predicting he will look good but hypothetically Packers winning because of Love is the best potential outcome of the season.

Worst outcome is Rodgers hobbling out there and winning a few games against bad teams 23-20 or something where there’s really nothing to get excited about.

Oh I'm already mentally preparing myself for Rodgers to beat the Bears and Rams and we'll start getting run the table talk then the Dolphins will drop 50 on them as a Christmas present.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Giannisland34
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#48 » by Giannisland34 » Fri Dec 2, 2022 5:07 pm

RubberSoul wrote:

Worst outcome is losing to the Bears, Lions twice, & Vikings twice. No matter the records. The Pack has ruled this division for a number of years don’t let it go. Especially easily or wanting to. That to me is crazy talk and wanting to go back Forrest Gregg and 4-12 seasons. Not me, not ever again hopefully!
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#49 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Dec 2, 2022 6:49 pm

I hope Barry's family didn't read this, it's rough. (And fair)

Read on Twitter
?t=0YT2DSiAn1g_cSfTpfV3gw&s=19

LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,273

Post#50 » by LUKE23 » Fri Dec 2, 2022 7:51 pm

And the worst part about it? Literally EVERYONE hated the hire the second it was announced. He didn't have any endearing qualities or innovative schemes, and also had only led terrible defenses. Packers **** that one up royally.
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach

Post#51 » by PintSizedBox10 » Fri Dec 2, 2022 7:51 pm

Barry didn't miss 22 tackles against Philly.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,273

Post#52 » by LUKE23 » Fri Dec 2, 2022 7:52 pm

PintSizedBox10 wrote:Barry didn't miss 22 tackles against Philly.

The D has been **** all season. Granted, I think the players have given up somewhat, which I can't endorse, but they also have not been put in position to succeed all season long. Barry is an awful DC.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,977

Post#53 » by stillgotgame » Fri Dec 2, 2022 8:00 pm

Barry put people in positions to fail.
At least 1/4 of the missed tackles were Quay getting juked by Hurts. Barry was the dumb ass who put Quay in the spy position.
Has he not seen Quay all year? Reacting is what Quay's worst at, being aggressive and going upfield is where he has excelled.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#54 » by Treebeard » Fri Dec 2, 2022 8:02 pm

Based on what we've seen so far of the coaching staff, who can stay, who should go away?
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach

Post#55 » by PintSizedBox10 » Fri Dec 2, 2022 8:06 pm

stillgotgame wrote:

At least 1/4 of the missed tackles were Quay getting juked by Hurts. Barry was the dumb ass who put Quay in the spy position.
Has he not seen Quay all year? Reacting is what Quay's worst at, being aggressive and going upfield is where he has excelled.

Sounds more like a Quay issue if he's constantly whiffing tackles.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,977

Post#56 » by stillgotgame » Fri Dec 2, 2022 8:16 pm

PintSizedBox10 wrote:
stillgotgame wrote:

He has no instincts for the ball carrier, none. I'd bet he'd make a good tight end though.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#57 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Dec 2, 2022 8:27 pm

stillgotgame wrote:
PintSizedBox10 wrote:
stillgotgame wrote:

He has no instincts for the ball carrier, none. I'd bet he'd make a good tight end though.
That's umm a very concerning trait for a MLB they took in round 1.

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,137

Post#58 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Dec 2, 2022 8:52 pm

I give all rookies a pass in year 1. Many hated the Gary pick and were ready to move on when he wasn't an instant stud. I'll wait until year 2 before I pass sentence.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,140

Post#59 » by Matches Malone » Fri Dec 2, 2022 9:17 pm

Dave can't catch a break.

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Giannisland34
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#60 » by Giannisland34 » Fri Dec 2, 2022 9:39 pm

stillgotgame wrote:
PintSizedBox10 wrote:
stillgotgame wrote:

When’s the green font or punchline of the joke coming? Seriously! Barry has been terrible. I suppose it’s on Quay when it’s 3rd and 3 or 5 and the corners are playing off the WRs by 10 yards too. I can go on and on with Barry’s issues running this defense. Talent wise this should have a top 5 defense and it’s performed much much worse then that.

Return to Green Bay Packers