ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,782

Re: Jordan Love Thread - All Aboard the Love Train 

Post#41 » by ReginaldDwight » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:31 pm

Frank Nova wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
Read on Twitter

Rodgers was the same way during the Favre fiasco.

Here’s a trip down memory lane..

https://onmilwaukee.com/articles/arodgersmilwtalks

Replace Rodgers with Love and Favre with Rodgers and the story is basically the same except instead hunting its doing hallucinogenics in the offseason in some teepee or yurt in the the desert.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,304

Post#42 » by humanrefutation » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:36 pm

ReginaldDwight wrote:
Frank Nova wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
Read on Twitter

Rodgers was the same way during the Favre fiasco.

Here’s a trip down memory lane..

https://onmilwaukee.com/articles/arodgersmilwtalks

Replace Rodgers with Love and Favre with Rodgers and the story is basically the same except instead hunting its doing hallucinogenics in the offseason in some teepee or yurt in the the desert.

Some would say that riding a tractor on a farm in Kiln, Mississippi is a hallucinogenic in its own right.
zmanishere11
Sixth Man
And1: 246

Post#43 » by zmanishere11 » Wed Mar 15, 2023 11:56 pm

The thing I remember about his year 2 was it felt like every time he got hit, he fumbled. Which is bad news.

That was gone last year.

I'm super fired up for Jordan Love. I've been buying up his rookie cards for 6 months now and hoping to make a mint :)
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,121

Post#44 » by LittleRooster » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:29 am

I’m excited to see what we have in Love. I’m cautiously optimistic that he’s good and I agree with Luke, the fact that Clements is sticking around makes me feel even better

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,797

Post#45 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:50 am

humanrefutation wrote:I just hope the fanbase is patient with Love. He's going to have some bumps throughout his first season.

Oh yeah, I'm sure a fanbase coming off of 30 years of HOF QB play will be super level-headed about all of this :)

I fear it will be a mess when he struggles. The tide will turn super quickly when he strings together good performances I think, like we saw once upon a time with Rodgers, but I just hope Love is ready for that.

Much better to go through it in Green Bay, Wisconsin than in New York, LA, Chicago, Boston, etc. But in this regard, I'm hopeful his three years waiting in the wings helped prepare him for those kinds of moments and media/fan attention.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,296

Post#46 » by ReasonablySober » Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:14 am

Maybe I'm being irrational but I think he's gonna be really good next year. Like, it isn't saying much given the putrid state of QBs in the NFC, but I think he'll be top five in the conference.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,345

Post#47 » by Mags FTW » Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:22 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:I just hope the fanbase is patient with Love. He's going to have some bumps throughout his first season.

Oh yeah, I'm sure a fanbase coming off of 30 years of HOF QB play will be super level-headed about all of this :)

I fear it will be a mess when he struggles.

I think the Favre to Rodgers transition taught enough people a lesson in not overreacting and giving it some time.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,797

Post#48 » by MikeIsGood » Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:26 am

Mags FTW wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

I think the Favre to Rodgers transition taught enough people a lesson in not overreacting and giving it some time.

That is adorable and you (obviously) have never met my family :lol:
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 14,304

Post#49 » by humanrefutation » Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:36 am

For all of their love for Rodgers, Packers fans never connected with him as deeply as they did with Favre, probably because Favre heralded an era of success after 25+ years of misery.

There will be critics of Love, of course, especially if he struggles initially (and especially if Rodgers is succeeding with the Jets). But I don't think we'll see the same vitriol against Love.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#50 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Mar 16, 2023 1:48 am

humanrefutation wrote:For all of their love for Rodgers, Packers fans never connected with him as deeply as they did with Favre, probably because Favre heralded an era of success after 25+ years of misery.

There will be critics of Love, of course, especially if he struggles initially (and especially if Rodgers is succeeding with the Jets). But I don't think we'll see the same vitriol against Love.
I hope you're right. Some of the fan behavior that summer was downright embarrassing and we don't need that **** again.

I would hope people aren't too stupid to realize regardless of how you feel about the Rodgers situation Jordan Love had nothing to do with it.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,130

Post#51 » by Matches Malone » Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:01 am

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,361

Post#52 » by jute2003 » Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:14 am

Mags FTW wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

Really? Reeeaaaallllyy? You obviously can read and have spent time on realgm. I do not believe that you believe this.
only a fan, only an opinion
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,038

Post#53 » by BUCKnation » Thu Mar 16, 2023 3:54 am

I'm confident he'll be a decent to good qb, whether he can go beyond that we'll see. Feel like outside of the rare 'Rodgers' throw that seemed to be ever so dwindling last season, Love could at least match that season from him.
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 964

Post#54 » by vegaspacker » Thu Mar 16, 2023 12:48 pm

jute2003 wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:

Really? Reeeaaaallllyy? You obviously can read and have spent time on realgm. I do not believe that you believe this.
I was juiced about Majik and the 'Cardiac Pack' in 1989 and thought we had something. We did have a prime wr named Sterling Sharpe.

Then Don tore his rotator cuff during the 1990 season. Side note, my pops told me last week he had bilateral rotator repairs because Majik did, and obviously, it helped me Da.

Majik lost his job in 91, Infante was later fired after the season. Enter Holmgrem and Wolfe, Majik tears ankle ligaments early in the season against the Bengals.

This is the Era for QBs, but they have to stay healthy.
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#55 » by WeekapaugGroove » Thu Mar 16, 2023 2:37 pm

vegaspacker wrote:
jute2003 wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:I think the Favre to Rodgers transition taught enough people a lesson in not overreacting and giving it some time.
I was juiced about Majik and the 'Cardiac Pack' in 1989 and thought we had something. We did have a prime wr named Sterling Sharpe.

Then Don tore his rotator cuff during the 1990 season. Side note, my pops told me last week he had bilateral rotator repairs because Majik did, and obviously, it helped me Da.

Majik lost his job in 91, Infante was later fired after the season. Enter Holmgrem and Wolfe, Majik tears ankle ligaments early in the season against the Bengals.

This is the Era for QBs, but they have to stay healthy.
I was middle schooler around this time and remember being hyped that Anthony Dilweg was going to be the next great QB :)

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Carioca
Ballboy
And1: 14

Post#56 » by Carioca » Thu Mar 16, 2023 5:05 pm

Nobody could forget The Wizard!
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,407

Post#57 » by M-C-G » Fri Mar 17, 2023 1:53 pm

Watching some highlights, one thing that jumped out to me, Love will throw over the middle of the field. And it occurs to me how much of the MLF offense might have been neutered by Rodgers aversion to throwing between the hashes. Will be an interesting thing to watch play out.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,130

Post#58 » by Matches Malone » Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:33 pm

They got the Love/Eagles game on NFL Network playing.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,407

Post#59 » by M-C-G » Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:52 pm

Matches Malone wrote:They got the Love/Eagles game on NFL Network playing.

Do we win!?!?!? I love that Watson crossing route that he takes to the house. Reminds me a bit of a preseason stretch Janis had where you could see his speed was just on another level.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,977

Post#60 » by stillgotgame » Fri Mar 17, 2023 10:56 pm

Love has a lot at stake with the timing of Rodgers trade. $20.27M to be exact.
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Return to Green Bay Packers