ImageImage

Lions LeadUp

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,778

Re: Lions LeadUp 

Post#41 » by jimmybones » Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:27 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:I think Wicks is gonna be a solid 3rd-4th WR in this league. He's just lacking any real "burst" off the line, which is why I thought his RAS score was a bit misleading. He doesn't pop off the tape athletically. Really good at high-pointing the ball and leveraging his size/strength though. He's like a poor man's Anquan Boldin.

I will try to find the tweet but it's the backfield view of the playaction play where Love does a delayed roll left and hits Wicks crossing. Wicks release was beautiful from a foot work standpoint, Davante-esque even. He should be glued to Davante Adams film. I agree that he looks like a solid 3-4 type guy but I think potential upside of even higher.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#42 » by skones » Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:35 pm

jimmybones wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:I think Wicks is gonna be a solid 3rd-4th WR in this league. He's just lacking any real "burst" off the line, which is why I thought his RAS score was a bit misleading. He doesn't pop off the tape athletically. Really good at high-pointing the ball and leveraging his size/strength though. He's like a poor man's Anquan Boldin.

I will try to find the tweet but it's the backfield view of the playaction play where Love does a delayed roll left and hits Wicks crossing. Wicks release was beautiful from a foot work standpoint, Davante-esque even. He should be glued to Davante Adams film. I agree that he looks like a solid 3-4 type guy but I think potential upside of even higher.

That clip is on the JT OSullivan breakdown fyi.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant

Post#43 » by jimmybones » Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:36 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=FMTm_RtZYEuZQmdEbrqyVw
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,177

Post#44 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Sep 26, 2023 4:51 pm

Don't get me wrong, Wicks is incredibly crisp on his breaks and already looks like a dude that can run the whole route tree. I think there's a difference between that and having the kind of freakish first step of a guy like Davante though (not that we should in any way hold that against him). Probably the biggest eye test thing for me is how, unlike Watson who kinda just falls awkwardly at the first sign of contact, Wicks has great balance and body control. The lack of quick burst and endline speed kinda limits his YAC potential, but you saw it on that catch & run TD vs. Atlanta. The DB just straight up whiffed trying to wrap him up at the waist lol. He's definitely a guy you need to tackle low.
jimmybones
Lead Assistant

Post#45 » by jimmybones » Tue Sep 26, 2023 5:13 pm

Jordy - Watson
Doubs - Driver
Jennings - Reed
James Jones - Wicks
Finley - Musgrave

(please)
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,134

Post#46 » by MVP2110 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:17 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=zjvU9sfpAbE0unIkdpTSgA&s=19

Read on Twitter
?t=qvwSqLS3xgxivmc0XJvQ_Q&s=19
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,297

Post#47 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:30 pm

Absolutely stoked.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,273

Post#48 » by LUKE23 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:44 pm

Getting Jones and Watson back would be amazing, moves three pretty talented players in Doubs/Musgrave/Reed to having even less attention. Don't think Packers will be able to run at all on Detroit, especially given the status of the OL, but hopefully they can throw on them. Think it will be a relatively high scoring game.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#49 » by Treebeard » Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:54 pm

The PS is pretty thin on OLinemen too, correct? If Tom can't go, who are the starters? Walker, Newman, Myers, Runyan, Rhyan?

Somebody has to stop Hutchinson, or at least keep him honest.
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,902

Post#50 » by coolhandluke121 » Tue Sep 26, 2023 6:58 pm

I think the Saints game will end up proving historic, much like Favre's comeback win against the Bengals when Majikowski got hurt in 1992. This year it's not so much about the QB as it is about the whole offense, but considering how much they moved the ball against a good defense and how many easily fixable things went wrong in the first 3 quarters and how many injuries they had, I think the comeback speaks to the depth of talent and offense. This offense has the potential to be special by the end of the year IMO.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,131

Post#51 » by Matches Malone » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:02 pm

Treebeard wrote:The PS is pretty thin on OLinemen too, correct? If Tom can't go, who are the starters? Walker, Newman, Myers, Runyan, Rhyan?

I'd imagine they'd slide Nijman in at RT.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,133

Post#52 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:08 pm

Great to have those 2 back I'll assume Bahk, Jaire and Campbell are out.

Forecast in GB on Thursday is 70 and sunny.

I'll be at Lambeau.

Can't wait.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#53 » by Treebeard » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:13 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Treebeard wrote:The PS is pretty thin on OLinemen too, correct? If Tom can't go, who are the starters? Walker, Newman, Myers, Runyan, Rhyan?

I'd imagine they'd slide Nijman in at RT.

Doh! SMH.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#54 » by skones » Tue Sep 26, 2023 7:18 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Don't get me wrong, Wicks is incredibly crisp on his breaks and already looks like a dude that can run the whole route tree. I think there's a difference between that and having the kind of freakish first step of a guy like Davante though (not that we should in any way hold that against him). Probably the biggest eye test thing for me is how, unlike Watson who kinda just falls awkwardly at the first sign of contact, Wicks has great balance and body control. The lack of quick burst and endline speed kinda limits his YAC potential, but you saw it on that catch & run TD vs. Atlanta. The DB just straight up whiffed trying to wrap him up at the waist lol. He's definitely a guy you need to tackle low.

I'm not sure Davante has a "freakish" first step as much as he's super super refined and his footwork is impeccable. FWIW, Wicks graded out better than Davante when it came to his explosion score in RAS. He was .5 inches off in vertical, better in the broad jump, and beat Davante in both his 10 and 20 yard splits on the 40. I think the top end speed is valid, but that's not a particular strength of Davante's either.

Davante is Davante because of the work he put into his route running, not because he's got some athletic advantage IMO. When it comes to these other elite receivers, he's pretty far down the pecking order on this stuff. You listen to all of these other players talk about him, and it's ALWAYS about his deception and combinations. His "release" bag.
LatentFrog
Senior
And1: 393

Post#55 » by LatentFrog » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:31 pm

I would love it if we could get these weapons back, but the O line is what makes this offense work. I'm nervous.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,131

Post#56 » by Matches Malone » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:43 pm

LatentFrog wrote:I would love it if we could get these weapons back, but the O line is what makes this offense work. I'm nervous.

I'm just glad they didn't trade away the tackle depth. Moving Nijman never made sense to me, even if he's regressed a bit. They do like Tenuta, so maybe when he comes back off IR, they revisit a move, but for now, it's paying off.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#57 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Sep 26, 2023 8:50 pm

Jaire and Tom were limited so there's a chance.

Read on Twitter
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,514

Post#58 » by HKPackFan » Wed Sep 27, 2023 12:29 am

jimmybones wrote:Jordy - Watson
Doubs - Driver
Jennings - Reed
James Jones - Wicks
Finley - Musgrave

(please)

You sure know how to make a guy grow a few inches.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#59 » by MickeyDavis » Wed Sep 27, 2023 5:51 pm

Alan Eck is the ref. This is his first year. Side judge in 2016, umpire 2017-2022. Before that he was in the Big 12 and Mountain West conferences.

Games he's done this year

Cardinals at Commanders
Chargers at Titans
Bears at Chiefs

His crew has called 44 penalties, 7 were declined. in the middle. Home team 18 accepted penalties, road team 19
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,344

Post#60 » by crkone » Wed Sep 27, 2023 6:10 pm

Read on Twitter

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |