ImageImage

2024 Packers News, Transactions, Trades - Week 1 in Brasil v. Iggles

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Re: 2023 Packers News, Transactions, Trades 

Post#41 » by Profound23 » Mon Oct 9, 2023 8:03 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Packer fans have had two decades of the D letting us down so I think we have some well earned skepticism.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app

Packer fans and my wife have something in common.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,135

Post#42 » by MVP2110 » Mon Oct 9, 2023 8:11 pm

The Packers cutting Hollins hopefully means more snaps for LVN, Enagbare, & maybe even a few for Cox.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,137

Post#43 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Oct 9, 2023 8:21 pm

Profound23 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Packer fans have had two decades of the D letting us down so I think we have some well earned skepticism.

I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#44 » by trwi7 » Mon Oct 9, 2023 10:55 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Packer fans have had two decades of the D letting us down

Now I know what it's like being with me.

stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#45 » by trwi7 » Mon Oct 9, 2023 10:56 pm

Profound23 wrote:

Aww ****. Can't even do the obvious jokes anymore.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,977

Post#46 » by stillgotgame » Tue Oct 10, 2023 11:54 am

skones wrote:
stillgotgame wrote:
skones wrote:
I mean, 2022 looks highly promising. Quay looks like a guy if he can keep his head on straight, Zach Tom, Watson and Doubs have flashed possible pro-bowl ability, and then you have our first three picks this season with pretty damn high upside. I guess the take just seems like it's painting with a pretty broad brush and a lot of TBDs.

This board is full of fans. We're biased. We love our young players, and love to talk about their potential.
The problem is this potential has to translate into consistent good play for a draft pick to be a success. Right now all these guys are potentially good picks, but far from a sure thing. All have big warts that we ignore because we see potential.
Quay is a loose cannon, Zach Tom isn't really a powerful guy and got dominated last Sunday, Watson could be made of glass and Doubs is a nice WR that's made some nice catches. I like Doubs a lot but guess what - every team in the league has a Doubs, a young WR that might make it big. None of these guys are a sure thing.

This has been a trend since Gute got here. Guys flash but then they need to deliver. Gute's best pick (Gary) has legit Hall of Fame potential but still only has 26 sacks in 4+ years. He has 5 tackles this year. Now of course he's had very limited playing time as he recovers but he's still just potential.

I said Quay needs to keep his head on, if Tom gets it done a lot more than he doesn't, and his 76.3 PFF grade make me think we're on the right track there, it doesn't matter if he's powerful or not, and I've been one of the more critical folks on Love, and no, I don't think every team in the league has a Doubs, because I think Doubs may already be good now. He just understands how to play.

Let's look objectively at this. Some of the plays Doubs has made in the endzone this season are plays ELITE wide receivers make. Not average, or everyone has this guy on their roster, let me stress ELITE. True or False.

False lol. Doubs is just a guy. Love hit him right in the hands and Doubs could only grimace in anticipation of getting hit.

Do we ever contest catches in practice? Watson, Doubs and Musgrave all look confused when the ball came to them and they were covered. It’s like they had never seen a defender on them while trying to catch the ball.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,514

Post#47 » by HKPackFan » Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:02 pm

So who we tanking for?
#FreeChuckDiesel
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#48 » by MVP2110 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:06 pm

HKPackFan wrote:So who we tanking for?

An Offensive Tackle
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,879

Post#49 » by RubberSoul » Tue Oct 10, 2023 12:21 pm

Since 2 wins likely already puts us out of the Williams/Maye sweepstakes I’ll say Bowers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,902

Post#50 » by coolhandluke121 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:01 pm

MVP2110 wrote:

An Offensive Tackle

Joe Alt. They won't be sniffing the top 5 IMO.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#51 » by MVP2110 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 1:05 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

An Offensive Tackle

Joe Alt. They won't be sniffing the top 5 IMO.

I expect us to have a top 10 pick or close to it. I haven't scouted any offensive tackles myself yet so I can't give a specific name but I've heard this is a strong draft for them and Tackle imo is our biggest need both short & long term and it isn't particularly close
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#52 » by skones » Tue Oct 10, 2023 2:29 pm

stillgotgame wrote:
skones wrote:
Let's look objectively at this. Some of the plays Doubs has made in the endzone this season are plays ELITE wide receivers make. Not average, or everyone has this guy on their roster, let me stress ELITE. True or False.

False lol. Doubs is just a guy. Love hit him right in the hands and Doubs could only grimace in anticipation of getting hit.

Do we ever contest catches in practice? Watson, Doubs and Musgrave all look confused when the ball came to them and they were covered. It’s like they had never seen a defender on them while trying to catch the ball.

This wasn't the question. You just claimed False and then supported your position with completely different plays. You realize how it doesn't work like that right? The back shoulder touchdowns vs. Chicago and New Orleans were certainly elite receiver plays.

Sig worthy deflection tho.
CWoodfan
Junior
And1: 288

Post#53 » by CWoodfan » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:44 pm

skones wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Do we agree with his take?

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=9rpMwNqOSwMJrvAAN06wgA

I mean, 2022 looks highly promising. Quay looks like a guy if he can keep his head on straight, Zach Tom, Watson and Doubs have flashed possible pro-bowl ability, and then you have our first three picks this season with pretty damn high upside. I guess the take just seems like it's painting with a pretty broad brush and a lot of TBDs.

Watson & Doubs are not even all NFC-North caliber players let alone pro bowlers.

Jefferson, Moore, and Amon-Ra St. Brown are all considerably better.

The offseason overrating of the Packer roster is being met with the cold, hard reality that this is a bottom of the league roster.

In Gootey some trust.
skones
RealGM

Post#54 » by skones » Tue Oct 10, 2023 3:46 pm

CWoodfan wrote:
skones wrote:
paulpressey25 wrote:Do we agree with his take?

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=9rpMwNqOSwMJrvAAN06wgA

Watson & Doubs are not even all NFC-North caliber players let alone pro bowlers.

Jefferson, Moore, and Amon-Ra St. Brown are all considerably better.

The offseason overrating of the Packer roster is being met with the cold, hard reality that this is a bottom of the league roster.

In Gootey some trust.

You seem to have misunderstood what was actually said. You're not actually responding to what you've made a point to bold. In no way, shape, or form, did I claim they were pro-bowlers right now or better than Jefferson and St. Brown.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#55 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:05 pm

At least Gute is good at player communication and setting a good culture....

Yeah I'd fire him into the sun after this season. Go completely outside the organization for the next GM, this team could use a fresh perspective.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
CWoodfan
Junior
And1: 288

Post#56 » by CWoodfan » Tue Oct 10, 2023 4:46 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:At least Gute is good at player communication and setting a good culture....

Yeah I'd fire him into the sun after this season. Go completely outside the organization for the next GM, this team could use a fresh perspective.

Murphy's announced retirement is only 21 months away thank goodness.

Thus far, in true Packer tradition, the search for his successor appears to have extended all the way to those currently working inside the building at 1265 Lombardi Avenue (or possibly to those who also cut their teeth inside that building).

If the organization is going to put the power of making big on-the-field decisions into the team President's hands (say hiring the head coach or trading or extending the superstar QB) perhaps it might make sense to look for someone who knows something about the product on the field.

And quelle horreur maybe even someone who has not spent his or her professional career telling Mark Murphy what a great job he's done.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#57 » by Profound23 » Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:09 pm

RubberSoul wrote:

Since 2 wins likely already puts us out of the Williams/Maye sweepstakes I’ll say Bowers.

Problem is I can see our front office saying "We just took a TE in the 2nd and one in the 3rd, lets go another direction."
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,121

Post#58 » by LittleRooster » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:15 pm

skones
RealGM

Post#59 » by skones » Tue Oct 10, 2023 6:44 pm

Your first clue to an outdated offense was drafting Deguara to be an H-back in the 3rd round.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#60 » by MoMM » Tue Oct 10, 2023 7:25 pm

LittleRooster wrote:https://x.com/kurtbenkert/status/1711799509309947952?s=12

MLF reminds me a former boss - even physically - and I can say he was the worst boss I ever had :lol:

Return to Green Bay Packers