ImageImage

GT: Bucky at Hoosiers - 11:00 - BTN

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,041

Re: GT: Bucky at Hoosiers - 11:00 - BTN 

Post#41 » by BUCKnation » Sat Nov 4, 2023 7:14 pm

neiLz wrote:Team sucks. They moved it up n down the field with misdirection yet stopped in the 4th. Last drive they had a cut back but the rb went giannis and barreled into the d line while Locke was pointing at noone literally in the cut back lane.

Given he's a FB, Acker isn't the worst but yeah, he'd rather try to run over a LB than run to open space. Has happened multiple times this game.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,305

Post#42 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Nov 4, 2023 7:15 pm

LMAO
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,237

Post#43 » by PintSizedBox10 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 7:15 pm

**** off refs

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app
neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,487

Post#44 » by neiLz » Sat Nov 4, 2023 7:15 pm

Players are dumb as ****.
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,879

Post#45 » by RubberSoul » Sat Nov 4, 2023 7:17 pm

This seems like an all time low in Wisconsin sports since I’ve started following as a kid in early 90s. Feels pretty hopeless all around Bucks better get their **** together.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TroyD92
RealGM
And1: 10,851

Post#46 » by TroyD92 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 7:22 pm

I atleast trust Fick to get this mess sorted. I can't say the same for MLF
VooDoo7 wrote:
JEIS wrote:

Kidd would have curb stomped him.

Maybe if his name was Denise instead of Dennis.

Fotis St wrote:Wherever you are David, I love you man.
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,802

Post#47 » by Ayt » Sat Nov 4, 2023 7:25 pm

Sad days in Madison.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,440

Post#48 » by trwi7 » Sat Nov 4, 2023 7:25 pm

What kind of low ass arm angle does Locke have? So many tipped passes.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
BUCKnation
RealGM

Post#49 » by BUCKnation » Sat Nov 4, 2023 7:25 pm

Locke looks more like a deer in headlights against a 2-6 IU team with 1/3 of the stadium full than last week
Wooderson
RealGM
And1: 5,369

Post#50 » by Wooderson » Sat Nov 4, 2023 7:29 pm

Any good high school QBs to tank for?
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,138

Post#51 » by Matches Malone » Sat Nov 4, 2023 7:30 pm

Fickell, Tressell, Longo

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,188
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#52 » by Kerb Hohl » Sat Nov 4, 2023 7:59 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Fickell, Tressell, Longo

Look, I’m not defending what Chryst was doing but this is why I was always a “Wisconsin Way” coach supporter. Low ceiling but consistency.

Once you get into thinking you should be better than realistic expectations, you get to a coach firing death cycle.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#53 » by Kerb Hohl » Sat Nov 4, 2023 8:47 pm

Minnesota, a **** team, assuming a loss to OSU still, might have the B10 West wrapped up before the Axe game.
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,801

Post#54 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Nov 5, 2023 2:02 am

I missed the second half, but y'all need to take a deep breath. How many times do we have the discussion about working with Chryst's **** recruits and like 10 transfers trying to install schemes they were not recruited for, only to turn around and act like the sky is falling the next week? You can add onto that missing our first and second string RBs; we got a Freshman QB who wasn't supposed to be that good in the first place being thrown to the wolves relying on a backup FB as his primary RB, and the dumbest **** Center we have ever had.

It's going to take time, guys. It just is.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,305

Post#55 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Nov 5, 2023 2:08 am

MikeIsGood wrote:I missed the second half, but y'all need to take a deep breath. How many times do we have the discussion about working with Chryst's **** recruits and like 10 transfers trying to install schemes they were not recruited for, only to turn around and act like the sky is falling the next week? You can add onto that missing our first and second string RBs; we got a Freshman QB who wasn't supposed to be that good in the first place being thrown to the wolves relying on a backup FB as his primary RB, and the dumbest **** Center we have ever had.

Yea, I'm not gonna get worked up over this season.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#56 » by Kerb Hohl » Sun Nov 5, 2023 4:10 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
MikeIsGood wrote:I missed the second half, but y'all need to take a deep breath. How many times do we have the discussion about working with Chryst's **** recruits and like 10 transfers trying to install schemes they were not recruited for, only to turn around and act like the sky is falling the next week? You can add onto that missing our first and second string RBs; we got a Freshman QB who wasn't supposed to be that good in the first place being thrown to the wolves relying on a backup FB as his primary RB, and the dumbest **** Center we have ever had.

I’m not sure you can just casually throw this line in there.

Seems kind of important for the air raid, no? We going portalling again?
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,801

Post#57 » by MikeIsGood » Sun Nov 5, 2023 4:25 am

Kerb Hohl wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

I mean, I sure hope so? I'm also excited to bring in a 6'6, top-200 guy with a great offer list. But he, too, will be a Freshman obviously.

I actually like what I've seen from him and said so last week (and I think the week prior), but he was the 28th-ranked transfer QB this past cycle, not to mention the actual 2023 class. I'm not casually throwing anything in - just facts, honestly. He was not a big recruit, and he's been thrown into a mess.

It's also one of a multitude of factors I laid out working against him and us. I just don't know why anyone is getting all worked up right now. But hey, go off.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM

Post#58 » by Kerb Hohl » Sun Nov 5, 2023 4:32 am

MikeIsGood wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

I mean, I sure hope so? I'm also excited to bring in a 6'6, top-200 guy with a great offer list. But he, too, will be a Freshman obviously.

I actually like what I've seen from him and said so last week (and I think the week prior), but he was the 28th-ranked transfer QB this past cycle, not to mention the actual 2023 class. I'm not casually throwing anything in - just facts, honestly. He was not a big recruit, and he's been thrown into a mess.

It's also one of a multitude of factors I laid out working against him and us. I just don't know why anyone is getting all worked up right now. But hey, go off.

I’m hopeful for Mettauer as well, but my concern is that I’m struggling to see a juggernaut offense next year, either. We supposedly crushed the QB cycle and yet I can’t see this offense being good next year unless they hit the portal again. There might be some pressure on year 3 to get momentum going.

I’m not asking to fire Fickell or Longo…I think Fickell is a good coach, I’m very averse to firing coaches. I just am the one skeptic of the air raid, “we’re gonna out-recruit you” stuff being located in a talent **** and I haven’t had those concerns calmed yet. Fully understanding that pounding the ball in the I-formation isn’t gonna win in the new CFB anymore, either.

FWIW, the offer sheet looks much better for Mettauer, but as a recruit out of HS, he’s still ranked lower than Locke was.
BUCKnation
RealGM

Post#59 » by BUCKnation » Sun Nov 5, 2023 12:48 pm

On one hand, I think its abundantly clear how bare the cupboard was when Chryst left. On the other hand, there are a lot of frustrating things about this team that is scheme and coaching. I just can't believe they looked so much worse than last week when there was a full week to prepare without Allen and Dike.

I'll definitely wait until next year, but there is more doubt than I expected at this point in the season.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,135

Post#60 » by MVP2110 » Sun Nov 5, 2023 1:15 pm

The other losses were understandable and made sense during this transition season. This one was nothing but terrible though. Indiana legitimately sucks and losing to them is nothing short of embarrassing
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"

Return to Green Bay Packers