ImageImage

Game 9: Packers at Lions - 11/6/22 - Noon - Fox

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,384

Re: Game 9: Packers at Lions - 11/6/22 - Noon - Fox 

Post#401 » by RiotPunch » Sun Nov 6, 2022 11:11 pm

Force the Murphy retirement, thank Gute for all his **** work, and attack this offseason. New GM means he picks his coach who then picks his staff. If Aaron wants to keep playing, there will still interested teams chalking up his woes to lack of weapons.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#402 » by Treebeard » Sun Nov 6, 2022 11:18 pm

RiotPunch wrote:Force the Murphy retirement, thank Gute for all his **** work, and attack this offseason. New GM means he picks his coach who then picks his staff. If Aaron wants to keep playing, there will still interested teams chalking up his woes to lack of weapons.

Basically, reset to what several folks were calling for a couple of years ago. I could live with that. I think this combo has passed the peak of performance and the "sell by" date expired some time ago.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,136

Post#403 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Nov 6, 2022 11:18 pm

Murphy set up the weird GM and coach both report to me structure. Thank him for what he did on the business side with Titletown, etc. and get the new Pres in place. Can't wait 3 years until his retirement. At the very least we need a new GM. Someone from OUTSIDE the organization.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,121

Post#404 » by LittleRooster » Sun Nov 6, 2022 11:20 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Murphy set up the weird GM and coach both report to me structure. Thank him for what he did on the business side with Titletown, etc. and get the new Pres in place. Can't wait 3 years until his retirement. At the very least we need a new GM. Someone from OUTSIDE the organization.

I’d actually wouldn’t mind hiring back Dorsey or Eliot Wolf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#405 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Nov 6, 2022 11:25 pm

LittleRooster wrote:
MickeyDavis wrote:Murphy set up the weird GM and coach both report to me structure. Thank him for what he did on the business side with Titletown, etc. and get the new Pres in place. Can't wait 3 years until his retirement. At the very least we need a new GM. Someone from OUTSIDE the organization.

Wolf is interesting. He got passed up here for Gute, went to Cleveland as assistant GM, left after one year when he was passed over for Dorsey. He's still only 40. I don't know that they would bring back the guy they bypassed before. Maybe
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,234

Post#406 » by PintSizedBox10 » Sun Nov 6, 2022 11:29 pm

No chance in hell Gute gets canned. He recently signed an extension.

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,121

Post#407 » by LittleRooster » Sun Nov 6, 2022 11:29 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:
LittleRooster wrote:

Wolf is interesting. He got passed up here for Gute, went to Cleveland as assistant GM, left after one year when he was passed over for Dorsey. He's still only 40. I don't know that they would bring back the guy they bypassed before. Maybe

Unfortunately though, I don’t see them firing Gute. I was a pretty big defender of him but I’m ready to move on lol

Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,190

Post#408 » by Ron Swanson » Sun Nov 6, 2022 11:32 pm

Offense is a complete clown car of ineptitude and the defense isn't much better. That's the season, folks.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#409 » by Treebeard » Sun Nov 6, 2022 11:36 pm

PintSizedBox10 wrote:No chance in hell Gute gets canned. He recently signed an extension.

Sent from my SM-G981U using RealGM mobile app

That's the mostly likely event.

It would probably take a revolt from within the Board to either oust Murphy, or pressure him to overhaul the FO. I'd be real surprised about that, though wasn't Judge Harlan squeezed out quietly by the board?
RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,384

Post#410 » by RiotPunch » Sun Nov 6, 2022 11:41 pm

(my wife has told me this is too aggressive, and I tend to agree, but alas)
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Ryan5UW
General Manager
And1: 1,045

Post#411 » by Ryan5UW » Mon Nov 7, 2022 12:22 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Murphy is retiring in July 2025. Need to move that up. Maybe Murphy will surprise us and get a new GM but I doubt it.

I’m convinced Murphy is 98% focused on the Green Bay Packers business and at most 2% on the success of the Green Bay Packers football team. He’s not going to rock the boat.
"It's an illusion, Michael. A trick is something a whore does for money."
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,386

Post#412 » by MoreTrife » Mon Nov 7, 2022 12:24 am

What is the process to select a president for the Packers? Do they have a Board?

I'm not ready to blame Gute. I think everyone is pretty surprised at the poor O-line play. Receiving corps obviously leaves a lot to be desired but he did draft two WRs pretty high. I don't blame him for defense either. It HAS to be Barry. It HAS to be. No way that many picks are busts.
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,361

Post#413 » by jute2003 » Mon Nov 7, 2022 12:40 am

slappyg wrote:Did we run any motion?
Aaron is back to his crap mechanics. Flatfooted, not stepping into throws. He watched film before his MVP season a few years ago and corrected his mechanics. QB coach needs to remind him that mechanics matter.
He also spent that off-season in the gym working on his lower body. I'm not sure how much room there is for that stuff in his off-season "regimen" anymore.
only a fan, only an opinion
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,377

Post#414 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Nov 7, 2022 1:03 am

thomchatt3rton wrote:Having a Rodgers-led Packers team lose to a 1-6 Lions team is pretty much unheard of.

Rodgers ALWAYS won games like this, even when the team was just OK.

It’s a new day I guess.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Except for 2018. He looked every bit as awful then as he had these past few weeks. Remember that Cardinals game?

Do I think he has more left in the tank? Maybe, but he needs a defense and weapons like Favre had in 2007. Gutey isn’t coming close to providing that type of talent.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#415 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Nov 7, 2022 2:14 am

MoreTrife wrote:

What is the process to select a president for the Packers? Do they have a Board?

There's a 43 member board of directors that meets 5 times a year and 7 executive directors that meet monthly. To choose a president they form a search committee and the whole board has to approve. A friend of mine's dad used to be on the board.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#416 » by MoMM » Mon Nov 7, 2022 3:15 am

Profound23 wrote:
Treebeard wrote:I like Dillon more than many here do, but he's a North-South runner, and he hasn't been able to bust through the center of the line this year. Jones has the speed and elusiveness to go off tackle, or outside.

I love Dillon. I loved the pick and have been waiting for him to break-out.

Now, it seems like he is a downgrade from Jamaal Williams and that draft was not very good at all.

He is a downgrade, but I assume we wouldn't be able to afford Jamaal, so we got a cheap replacement.
th87
General Manager
And1: 9,723

Post#417 » by th87 » Mon Nov 7, 2022 4:53 am

MickeyDavis wrote:
MoreTrife wrote:

There's a 43 member board of directors that meets 5 times a year and 7 executive directors that meet monthly. To choose a president they form a search committee and the whole board has to approve. A friend of mine's dad used to be on the board.

How do people get on the board?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#418 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Nov 7, 2022 5:23 am

The board nominates candidates when there are openings and the stockholders vote. It's a rubber stamp. Openings happen through death or retirement. Most are business leaders in the state. There are a couple of former players. There is no pay, you don't even get tickets.
fan230
Analyst
And1: 1,318

Post#419 » by fan230 » Mon Nov 7, 2022 7:03 am

Rodgers has so many mvps including the last two. Yes we lost Davante. Yes the WRs are not the greatest. But this precipitous dropoff in his game this year is a mystery to me. It doesn’t make logical sense.
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 26,377

Post#420 » by paulpressey25 » Mon Nov 7, 2022 9:40 am

fan230 wrote:Rodgers has so many mvps including the last two. Yes we lost Davante. Yes the WRs are not the greatest. But this precipitous dropoff in his game this year is a mystery to me. It doesn’t make logical sense.

Sure it does. He’s frustrated, so he’s mentally checked out.

We’ve seen this before. Again go back to the second half of 2018, where he was throwing into the dirt all the time by the end of the season.

He’s mentally decided he can’t deal with the line/pocket collapsing on him and the fact few of these guys get open or run the right routes. Then add in the fact MLF can’t seem to control him via a short west coast passing game. He’s given up and is going through the motions, hoping he can just air it out to make a big play and break his boredom.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25

Return to Green Bay Packers