ImageImage

Game 11: Titans at Packers - 11/17/22 - 7:15 - Prime/Channel 6

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

CWoodfan
Junior
And1: 288

Re: Game 11: Titans at Packers - 11/17/22 - 7:15 - Prime/Channel 6 

Post#401 » by CWoodfan » Fri Nov 18, 2022 7:09 am

XtremeDunkz wrote:The only thing I care about the rest of the season is you MUST get Jordan Love extended time on the field. You just must. You need to see what he is in real playing time.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

The ONLY REASON Love doesn't get extended playing time this season, like starting the final 4 games, is because Gutekunst does not want to expose himself to ridicule if Love sucks.

There is no other rational reason that the 2020 first round selection should not get playing time in a non-playoff season.
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,747

Post#402 » by JayMKE » Fri Nov 18, 2022 11:51 am

Love is already a bust

I think its time to clean house on MLF, Barry, Gute, and Murphy

no chance with these people
FREE GIANNIS
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#403 » by MoMM » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:25 pm

rilamann wrote:
th87 wrote:
raysbookclub wrote:
Amazing that a popular preseason pick for the Super Bowl can be this bad of a team. Their D is average at best and sucked today. Their ST sucks. Their passing offense sucks. That all sounds like a bottom-10 team.

I am semi-certain some weird scandal is happening in the locker room, like Rodgers recently found out that Shailene Woodley hooked up with LaFleur or something.

Or maybe Rodgers being paid in BTC when it was $60k is causing him to deliver the value it is now.

No team falls off this hard in one season.

You might be on to something. I was kind of wondering about something like this too. This team was the #1 seed last season, it does seem odd that in one season they went from the #1 seed to a 4-7 team that could very easily be 1-10. Losing Adams was big, but it shouldn't make the entire team completely fall off like this. For what its worth, the Packers had one of their more impressive wins last season without Adams, on the road against an Arizona team that was 7-1 at the time.

I don't claim to be an expert in body language but the body language has been pretty bad most of the time this season, especially on defense. If I had to describe it I would say, you know the type of body language guys have they are getting beat 45-10. The Packers have that type of body language when the score is 0-0. Like the competitive fire isn't there.

Maybe the team just doesn't respect MLF and Joe Barry?

I know if I was NFL defensive player and the guy we hired to be our defensive coordinator, was the defensive coordinator of the 0-16 2008 Detroit Lions, I would be looking at him sideways the moment he walked through the door. And I would be looking at MLF sideways for hiring him.

Feels like there is more going on here than just the loss of Davante Adams.

Ironically, the last time I remember a team falling off this dramatically from one season to the next was the 2002 Milwaukee Bucks.

We lost Adams which is a big part and MVS, although Doubs/Watson fill that part, but you think a little bit more you can say that we added Bakh, Jenkins, Myers to our OL and Jaire and rookies to our D comparing to last season. DC and OL Coach need to go after this whole mess.

MLF will be kept because he had great records in the past, but next season he needs to find a DC and make it work, otherwise his job is on the line too.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,041

Post#404 » by BUCKnation » Fri Nov 18, 2022 1:47 pm

Thought this was a likely L until I saw half their D was out. This team just isnt good, despite the roster not being too much different from last year.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,875

Post#405 » by VooDoo7 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:06 pm

ampd wrote:Offensively there are plays where guys are just not even running hard or quitting on routes, not executing basic fundamentals, the sort of thing that happens when teams quit on a coach, but it also doesn't seem like that's the case.

Rodgers definitely missed throws he usually makes last night. But on the one to Watkins over the middle-at first I was bitching at Rodgers-but then on replay seeing how Watkins was basically jogging. Just terrible. Just cut him already. Winfree would be a huge upgrade.
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,237

Post#406 » by PintSizedBox10 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:12 pm

Watkins is also taking snaps away from Toure who's shown 10x more than Sammy in a 1/10th of the snaps played.
sdn40
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Post#407 » by sdn40 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:33 pm

This is what it looks like when Rodgers can't use telepathy with the WR's to cover up flaws.
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,407

Post#408 » by M-C-G » Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:43 pm

Rodgers has historically been pretty accurate and I am guessing the thumb is a big part of the problem. That said he has been throwing at guys feet for weeks, which is a problem.

I’ll agree with those saying Watkins looks like crap and I would rather give those snaps to Toure. Can’t wait until Doubs is back along side Watson. Seems like we may have nabbed a lot of unrefined high end WR talent in this draft.

As for Tonyan, let him go after this season.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#409 » by Flames24Rulz » Fri Nov 18, 2022 3:57 pm

JayMKE wrote:Love is already a bust

Yep, I'm good with that too. I think it's clear that we obviously over-achieved the last three years and we got extremely lucky with scheduling luck/injuries/backup QB's last year.

I'm sure we'll probably stay the course though and keep everyone outside of Barry, and then let MLF get to pick his third DC since he's been here.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,191

Post#410 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:24 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:

Yep, I'm good with that too. I think it's clear that we obviously over-achieved the last three years and we got extremely lucky with scheduling luck/injuries/backup QB's last year.

I'm sure we'll probably stay the course though and keep everyone outside of Barry, and then let MLF get to pick his third DC since he's been here.

Lol, what?
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#411 » by Treebeard » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:35 pm

Borrowing from the Princess Bride: "While you're at it, why don't you give me a nice paper cut and pour lemon juice on it?"

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/titans-ryan-tannehill-had-one-of-the-nfls-best-passing-performances-of-the-past-3-seasons-vs-the-packers/

Titans' Ryan Tannehill had one of the NFL's best passing performances of the past 3 seasons vs. the Packers
The advanced statistics surrounding Tannehill's night will shock you

By Jordan Dajani

....The veteran signal-caller completed 22 of 27 passes for 333 yards, two touchdowns and one interception. His 333 passing yards marked a season high, as did the 81.48 completion percentage. Meanwhile, his two passing touchdowns tied a season high. It was truly his best outing of 2022, but the advanced statistics surrounding Tannehill's night will shock you.

Per NFL Next Gen stats, Tannehill completed +20.0% of his passes over expected Thursday night -- the highest CPOE in a game over the past three seasons (minimum 25 attempts). Tannehill also earned a 97 NGS passing score for his performance, the highest given to any quarterback this season.

Additionally, Tannehill averaged 12.3 yards per attempt vs. the Packers, which ranks second-best by a visiting quarterback in Lambeau Field history (minimum 20 attempts). Believe it or not, Aaron Rodgers has hit that 12.3 mark just once in 117 career starts at Lambeau Field. Randall Cunningham is the leader, having recorded 13.8 yards per pass attempt in 1998.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,188
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#412 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:40 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:
Flames24Rulz wrote:

Lol, what?

I think it's a somewhat fair point.

The last 2-3 years they were a 10-11 win team that found its way to win 13. Honestly, I think this year's team might be an 8-9 win team that will win 6.

Not all of those years, but I think that is the way things have bounced.

The great thing is we're watching a 10-11 win Vikings team that's going to win 15 games.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,191

Post#413 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Nov 18, 2022 4:43 pm

Yeah, unless there's a drastic turnaround these last 6-games, Barry needs to go. Just amateur stuff from an X's and O's standpoint and MLF no longer has the Pettine security blanket of plausible deniability.
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#414 » by Flames24Rulz » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:01 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
Flames24Rulz wrote:

Lol, what?

The last 2-3 years they were a 10-11 win team that found its way to win 13. Honestly, I think this year's team might be an 8-9 win team that will win 6.

The great thing is we're watching a 10-11 win Vikings team that's going to win 15 games.

2020, I think we were legitimately good. But yeah, probably a 11-12 win team that won 13.

2019, the offense looked a lot like the offense does this year outside of the scripted drives. We struggled a ton in the second half of games. I remember the game against the Bears at Lambeau in the second half of the season, Rodgers looked like a shell of himself. And that was three years ago in a 13-3 season. We got lucky we didn't face Mahomes that year too in KC.

Last year, look at the luck that we had involved with some of our opponents QB's that we faced in the second half of the season. Everyone in the organization got excited about what the defense did in the playoff game against the Niners, but they seemed to ignore basically most of the year last year when Barry got pantsed repeatedly. Hell, I remember Week 2 against the Lions last year, I wanted him gone at halftime...lol.

All I'm saying is MLF should be subject to a fair chunk of criticism. He's proven twice that he can't hire a competent defensive coordinator. If he botches it again after this year, he should be on the chopping block as well. Immediately.
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,188
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#415 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:05 pm

Flames24Rulz wrote:
Kerb Hohl wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote:
Lol, what?

2020, I think we were legitimately good. But yeah, probably a 11-12 win team that won 13.

2019, the offense looked a lot like the offense does this year outside of the scripted drives. We struggled a ton in the second half of games. I remember the game against the Bears at Lambeau in the second half of the season, Rodgers looked like a shell of himself. And that was three years ago in a 13-3 season. We got lucky we didn't face Mahomes that year too in KC.

Last year, look at the luck that we had involved with some of our opponents QB's that we faced in the second half of the season. Everyone in the organization got excited about what the defense did in the playoff game against the Niners, but they seemed to ignore basically most of the year last year when Barry got pantsed repeatedly. Hell, I remember Week 2 against the Lions last year, I wanted him gone at halftime...lol.

All I'm saying is MLF should be subject to a fair chunk of criticism. He's proven twice that he can't hire a competent defensive coordinator. If he botches it again after this year, he should be on the chopping block as well. Immediately.

I was moderately excited about the defense finally being above average.

Yeah, they did OK against the 49ers...but they got battered late in the game when it counted. In my mind was, "this defense still is soft up front." And here we are - one of the softest defenses in the league against the run.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,139

Post#416 » by Matches Malone » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:13 pm

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
James1980
Veteran
And1: 402

Post#417 » by James1980 » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:23 pm

They rent cars? I just figured they went on the team bus.
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
ANTETOKOUNBROS
Starter
And1: 1,619

Post#418 » by ANTETOKOUNBROS » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:37 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

I would celebrate too if I demolished the Packers at home in the cold like this.
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,134

Post#419 » by Dennis Reynolds » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:41 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

Barry can't even handle a drunk guy who has 0 weapons and a bang average QB.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#420 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Nov 18, 2022 5:44 pm

I don't really believe in the whole over/under achieve thing in the NFL. I'm way more Parcels 'you are what your record says you are' type.

It's a sport where **** tons of dudes get hurt every single year, that's just part of the sport. So yeah you will sometimes play an opponent decimated by injuries but every team does that and it's just part of the deal. Is there luck involved, hell yeah there is and luck plays a bigger part in all sports outcomes than our modern 'analyze everything' minds like to believe.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.

Return to Green Bay Packers