stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,977

Re: Game 9: Packers at Steelers - 11/12/23 - Noon - CBS 

Post#401 » by stillgotgame » Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:52 am

stillgotgame wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
stillgotgame wrote:
So you skipped the drop after Watson bizarrely ran 6 yards down field on a 3rd and 8, show it then.

How about the slant on 1st and 10 with 8:02 left in the second quarter that Watson alligator armed?

That's right, they don't fit your agenda.

In what games?

Steelers, 2nd quarter.

You know the game thread that we are on. That you derailed because Love had a great game.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,305

Post#402 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:05 am

stillgotgame wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
stillgotgame wrote:
So you skipped the drop after Watson bizarrely ran 6 yards down field on a 3rd and 8, show it then.

How about the slant on 1st and 10 with 8:02 left in the second quarter that Watson alligator armed?

That's right, they don't fit your agenda.

In what games?

Steelers, 2nd quarter.

These are the last videos I'm cutting up. I forgot I had NFL+ until yesterday and I cancelled it immediately.

Can tell you right now, this isn't going to go your way.
stillgotgame
Analyst

Post#403 » by stillgotgame » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:09 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
stillgotgame wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
In what games?

Steelers, 2nd quarter.

These are the last videos I'm cutting up. I forgot I had NFL+ until yesterday and I cancelled it immediately.

Can tell you right now, this isn't going to go your way.

Thanks for doing this.
My way?
That Watson is garbage and killing the offense. Love is a green QB with a bunch of green receivers and 1 of the receivers isn't an NFL player? That's all I'm saying.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#404 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:12 am

If I learned one thing this week is you guys gotta stop taking local biassed dork bloggers as gospel and maybe do some investigating for yourself. If your favorite blogger slash twitter follow is getting their stats from a crummy source, it's going to taint all their analysis.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#405 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:47 am

Every attempt to Watson, in order:

I think the funniest thing is Love's drop would have resulted in 4th down anyway because he was three yards short. Cool route, cool decision to go to him with the ball on that one.

But yea, anyway, look at those videos of four Love missed throws (two being INTs) and tell me again that it's Watson that isn't the NFL player.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#406 » by skones » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:55 am

Boy, that ratio of drops to bad throws, not great for the Watson is killing the offense crowd.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,135

Post#407 » by MVP2110 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:59 am

ReasonablySober wrote:If I learned one thing this week is you guys gotta stop taking local biassed dork bloggers as gospel and maybe do some investigating for yourself. If your favorite blogger slash twitter follow is getting their stats from a crummy source, it's going to taint all their analysis.

I'm mainly done talking about Watson as opinions at this point are pretty baked in. But I want to just add I do rewatch every single game after the fact on all 22. I'm not just taking random bloggers opinions as fact. Some of them write some interesting articles that I find to be useful from time to time, but I very much draw my own conclusions. I gladly put in my own work to draw my own opinions. I honestly think you and I just see the game of football very differently and it goes back to our draft assessments as well as we had very different guys we liked from what I recall. And that's ok, Not everyone has to have the same opinion
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
skones
RealGM

Post#408 » by skones » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:01 am

MVP2110 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:If I learned one thing this week is you guys gotta stop taking local biassed dork bloggers as gospel and maybe do some investigating for yourself. If your favorite blogger slash twitter follow is getting their stats from a crummy source, it's going to taint all their analysis.

I'm mainly done talking about Watson as opinions at this point are pretty baked in. But I want to just add I do rewatch every single game after the fact on all 22. I'm not just taking random bloggers opinions as fact. Some of them write some interesting articles that I find to be useful from time to time, but I very much draw my own conclusions. I gladly put in my own work to draw my own opinions. I honestly think you and I just see the game of football very differently and it goes back to our draft assessments as well as we had very different guys we liked from what I recall. And that's ok, Not everyone has to have the same opinion

You have literally treated PFF grades and Andy Herman grades as gospel all season.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#409 » by MVP2110 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:05 am

skones wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

You have literally treated PFF grades and Andy Herman grades as gospel all season.

It's true that I respect their opinions quite a bit. I think Andy is a very fair grader when it comes to calling out both the good and bad of what happens on Sunday. But that doesn't mean I don't also do my own rewatches to come to my own conclusions. For example Andy had Rasheed Walker graded very negatively this week and I thought he held up fairly ok on my rewatch. He was also higher on Jonathan Owens than i was this week as a counter example. But I do respect Andy & PFF and honestly basically anyone who puts in the time and effort to try and grade every player on every snap and I believe takeaways from that can useful
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#410 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:05 am

**is presented with overwhelming video evidence my Very Real Opinions That I Absolutely Come Up With On My Own are total crap**

"Look you're just gonna have to trust me that I waste all my time rewatching All-22 footage for fun."
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#411 » by MVP2110 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:08 am

ReasonablySober wrote:**is presented with overwhelming video evidence my Very Real Opinions That I Absolutely Come Up With On My Own are total crap**

"Look you're just gonna have to trust me that I waste all my time rewatching All-22 footage for fun."

Again, we just disagree with what a contested catch opportunity is. You don't agree with PFFs definition and I tend to think they are fairly correct in how they assess those(based on the clips you put up I'd say 1 or 2 shouldn't have counted but they were mostly right). It's ok to disagree

Maybe you don't believe I rewatch the all 22 and that's fine, I have no way to prove to you I actually do so I'm not going to lose sleep over it.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#412 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:15 am

MVP2110 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:**is presented with overwhelming video evidence my Very Real Opinions That I Absolutely Come Up With On My Own are total crap**

Again, we just disagree with what a contested catch opportunity is. You don't agree with PFFs definition and I tend to think they are fairly correct in how they assess those(based on the clips you put up I'd say 1 or 2 shouldn't have counted but they were mostly right). It's ok to disagree

I'm sorry, man, this isn't an agree to disagree situation. I'm right. I've posted damn near 20 videos to prove it. PFF is simply wrong. Stop giving them your money.

ETA: and for the record, I feel extremely stupid for giving the NFL my money for the last three months. I think I did it because I needed the NFL Network week one or something and then I forgot about it.

Don't buy All-22 replays unless you can expense that ****.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#413 » by MVP2110 » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:26 am

ReasonablySober wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

I'm sorry, man, this isn't an agree to disagree situation. I'm right. I've posted damn near 20 videos to prove it. PFF is simply wrong. Stop giving them your money.

ETA: and for the record, I feel extremely stupid for giving the NFL my money for the last three months. I think I did it because I needed the NFL Network week one or something and then I forgot about it.

Don't buy All-22 replays unless you can expense that ****.

This is absolutely an agree to disagree situation because frankly we disagree, I think several of those were textbook definition of a contested catch opportunity and you see it differently. Neither of us is going to change the others mind at this point so we can agree to disagree on that.

As for all 22 stuff you do you, but I find All 22 very much worth my money, examples include what coverages are being played and what the offensive play call was and attempting to understand what the goal was for each side based on their play calls. Or to know if Love missed someone he should have thrown the ball to or if there were no good options. You can see alot from all 22 that the TV angle doesn't show well. I never paid for PFF until last night when I bought a month just to try and find you specifics on their metrics, although I think their podcast is extremely informative usually(I've listened to the Bijan debate between the hosts several times actually and reminds me quite a bit of the debates we've had on him)
skones
RealGM

Post#414 » by skones » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:29 am

Who tf cares about what qualifies as a "contested catch opportunity" when the QB is hanging him out to dry by giving him the slimmest of margins to actually accomplish that. Like, the idea of a "contested catch opportunity" being a jump ball with two DBs bearing down on you or horrible ball placement makes the ratio on its face entirely meaningless.

League average, as stated is 44%. These aren't 44% opportunities. Like at ALL.
stillgotgame
Analyst

Post#415 » by stillgotgame » Wed Nov 15, 2023 1:19 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Every attempt to Watson, in order:

I think the funniest thing is Love's drop would have resulted in 4th down anyway because he was three yards short. Cool route, cool decision to go to him with the ball on that one.

But yea, anyway, look at those videos of four Love missed throws (two being INTs) and tell me again that it's Watson that isn't the NFL player.

Great vids, thanks. Spoelstra started as a video coordinator, who knows maybe you can to. Great stuff.

You still skipped the slant at 8:02 left in the 2nd quarter where he alligator armed a ball right on his hands.

Pretty bizarre you can't understand that the route that was short of the 1st down is on the receiver.
Then again you didn't know what an RPO was a week ago so I'm not surprised. :lol: You literally thought that Love ran the wrong play - amazing how easy it is to try to blame the QB all the time. I guess it's easy to do, as he has the ball. but it takes all the players to do their jobs, and Watson clearly can't do his.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#416 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Nov 15, 2023 2:37 pm

I didn't skip ****. It was defensive PI and no play. Watson was mugged on it.

And you're still talking about that play where literally no one ran routes but you're somehow positive it was Watson's screw up? Right, right, you don't have an agenda at all. :thumbsup:
stillgotgame
Analyst

Post#417 » by stillgotgame » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:44 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:I didn't skip ****. It was defensive PI and no play. Watson was mugged on it. my bad. Damn, I missed the PI, just saw it now. Sorry.

And you're still talking about that play where literally no one ran routes but you're somehow positive it was Watson's screw up? Right, right, you don't have an agenda at all. :thumbsup:

You still don't get an RPO do you? When Love faked the handoff it was an RPO. Pretty complicated, huh.

Awesome vids though, thank you for taking the time.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#418 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Nov 15, 2023 3:46 pm

stillgotgame wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:I didn't skip ****. It was defensive PI and no play. Watson was mugged on it. my bad. Damn, I missed the PI, just saw it now. Sorry.

You still don't get an RPO do you? When Love faked the handoff it was an RPO. Pretty complicated, huh.

Awesome vids though, thank you for taking the time.

I'm not disputing it was an RPO. I'm saying there were three guys on the right side, and none of them ran routes. Unless you were in the huddle, you have no idea whose fault it was.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,041

Post#419 » by BUCKnation » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:10 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:He's even inaccurate on a lot of his completions, including this one today. Luke shouldn't have had to turn all the way around to catch it. Love wasn't pressured. He was set. You gotta hit him in stride there. Seen this a TON this year. Even during practice with no pressure on him.

Read on Twitter

Rodgers started doing this last season. It wouldn't lead to an incompletion a lot of times, but his passes would be missing the mark subtly where the receiver would have to turn further than necessary for example and it would lead to little YAC.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,041

Post#420 » by BUCKnation » Wed Nov 15, 2023 4:14 pm

I think at minimum its clear that Love is probably a mid/low tier QB. QB play is a pretty big low atm, with only like 10 good ones, so while he may be rated ~17, its still not great. It's definitely not clear he's 'the guy'.

That said, can he please stop forcing it to Watson. He might be the worst contested catch guy in the league and I think Love's had more interceptions than completions to him in the last 5 games. Watson is made of glass, so as much as I'd like to use him creatively, like on jet sweeps or get him in slant options more like in Philly last year, you know he'd only last a game doing that.

Return to Green Bay Packers