ImageImage

Game 4: Lions at Packers - 7:15 - Prime/Channel 6 in MKE

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,382

Re: Game 4: Lions at Packers - 7:15 - Prime/Channel 6 in MKE 

Post#421 » by RiotPunch » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:21 am

MLF is fraudulent. The quicker Gutey recognizes that, the better. Bringing back Barry alone was a firable offense, as I said when that decision was made.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#422 » by MoMM » Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:19 am

humanrefutation wrote:
Read on Twitter

Like keeping Barry for another season?!?
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,186

Post#423 » by raysbookclub » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:48 am

Ayt wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:MLF is **** pissed.

I can't take him seriously until he fires Barry. I really like him as a coach, but come on. What the **** are you doing?

Yeah, I like him too, but the Barry thing is huge. I guess he's just really loyal, but at some point (already passed), you have to call it what it is.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant

Post#424 » by raysbookclub » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:54 am

Marley2Hendrix wrote:
humanrefutation wrote:
Read on Twitter

If he actually means it and does something about it, this is a huge **** win for tonight.

Yes. Obviously the big thing for any season is winning games and establishing/continuing winning culture.

But the two best long-term outcomes from this season would be: 1) A new defensive coordinator and 2) Jordan Love playing well.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant

Post#425 » by raysbookclub » Fri Sep 29, 2023 11:59 am

Quay Walker was really good tonight, even though that FG penalty was a dagger the wrong way. About that, isn't that something Bassaccia should be teaching the team is a penalty? Otherwise, it was just a F-it play by Walker, but that doesn't make sense--we were going to be within 2 scores, coming off a 3-score comeback 4 days ago. Our multiple-ST-screwups (giving up a punt return TD, holding penalties even on fair-catch or out-of-bounds returns, our own KRs not getting to the 20...) in every game so far this year makes me think it's on coaching.
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,879

Post#426 » by RubberSoul » Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:23 pm

Problem is now MLF will be on the hot seat going into 24 season so it will be tough to try to recruit a sought after DC. Likely we will have to settle for a Barry-esque retread as no DC will want to be one and done if the HC gets canned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#427 » by Profound23 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:44 pm

Quay Walker, great athlete.......but if he is going to continuously make boneheaded penalties it will cost us more than it will help us. I was excited when we drafted him and gave him the benefit of the doubt on the personal fouls last year because he was a rookie. This sh** has to stop.

And yes, we all know Barry should be gone.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,177

Post#428 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:47 pm

Burn the tape and park Dillon and Newman's asses firmly on the bench. This is still a playoff team if we can just avoid these dog doodoo first halves. MLF certainly not helping his case with the play-calling in this one. I'm not even including Joe Barry in the postgame analysis stuff anymore because it should be obvious to everyone (except apparently MLF) that ne needs to go.
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,273

Post#429 » by LUKE23 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 12:57 pm

I have to say, I’m starting to question MLF. I’m aware of his regular season record, but this team never seems prepared to play to open games or open seasons, and they absolutely fold against physical opponents. They haven’t played well in big playoff games. They never stop the run. He has a crazy affinity for a terrible defensive coordinator. Special teams has sucked ass outside of one season.

This team is soft. It’s cliche - but it just seems like they are an extension of MLF’s personality.

That’s before we get into Love last night.

Brutal game.
Frank Nova
Head Coach
And1: 2,607

Post#430 » by Frank Nova » Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:27 pm

Every Packer/Bucks fan needs to pen Jon Horst a nice big “you’re the man” letter and send it to him immediately. The Bucks acquiring Dame is now the only thing between the 2 franchises that matters. I’ve been saying it know forever and feel blue in the face at this point but the Packers coaching staff is disgraceful and upper management is right there with it. Everyone has been blowing Gutenkist for his recent drafts and MLF for his success as HC but when the Packers play a good team on a national stage, we look like amateurs every single time. It never fails. Starts from the top and has officially worked its way to the bottom. There’s zero hope for this franchise as a whole until the head of snake is removed. You can call me cynical all you want and tell me I’m wrong and show me nerd stats that try to prove otherwise, but at the end of the day these coaches, managers and personnel groupings aren’t winning a Super Bowl and that’s all that matters. Couldn’t get it done with a generational QB, sure as hell ain’t getting it done without one. #Bucksin6
RIP Kobe Forever. GOAT 8-24. Long Live Giannis
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,121

Post#431 » by LittleRooster » Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:36 pm

RiotPunch wrote:MLF is fraudulent. The quicker Gutey recognizes that, the better. Bringing back Barry alone was a firable offense, as I said when that decision was made.

Unfortunately, I believe it’s Murphy who’s in charge of that not Gute. Murphy also is the one who hired MLF

Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#432 » by Treebeard » Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:39 pm

LittleRooster wrote:
RiotPunch wrote:MLF is fraudulent. The quicker Gutey recognizes that, the better. Bringing back Barry alone was a firable offense, as I said when that decision was made.

Unfortunately, I believe it’s Murphy who’s in charge of that not Gute. Murphy also is the one who hired MLF

My own take is that Murph does not rock the boat till he sails off into the retirement sunset in a couple of years. Murphy will leave any messes/opportunities for other leadership changes to his successor.
rayallenscalves
Junior
And1: 222

Post#433 » by rayallenscalves » Fri Sep 29, 2023 1:47 pm

Ayt wrote:The running game did no favors for Love tonight. 5 carries for 18 for Jones, and 5 carries for 11 for Dillon.

The running game was pathetic, and the pass blocking was abysmal. I'm not making excuses for the guy, but he was doomed to failure with the play around him. You really have to hope he can bounce back from this next week.

A young QB needs a good running game behind him to really succeed. That has been non-existent for Love so far this year. At least Rodgers had a couple of good Ryan Grant years when he first started.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,134

Post#434 » by MVP2110 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:00 pm

Frank Nova wrote:Every Packer/Bucks fan needs to pen Jon Horst a nice big “you’re the man” letter and send it to him immediately. The Bucks acquiring Dame is now the only thing between the 2 franchises that matters. I’ve been saying it know forever and feel blue in the face at this point but the Packers coaching staff is disgraceful and upper management is right there with it. Everyone has been blowing Gutenkist for his recent drafts and MLF for his success as HC but when the Packers play a good team on a national stage, we look like amateurs every single time. It never fails. Starts from the top and has officially worked its way to the bottom. There’s zero hope for this franchise as a whole until the head of snake is removed. You can call me cynical all you want and tell me I’m wrong and show me nerd stats that try to prove otherwise, but at the end of the day these coaches, managers and personnel groupings aren’t winning a Super Bowl and that’s all that matters. Couldn’t get it done with a generational QB, sure as hell ain’t getting it done without one. #Bucksin6

The Packers record under MLF in primetime games is well above .500. I'm sure the losses really stand out but there are plenty of examples of MLFs teams performing well "on the national stage"
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,977

Post#435 » by stillgotgame » Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:18 pm

rayallenscalves wrote:
Ayt wrote:The running game did no favors for Love tonight. 5 carries for 18 for Jones, and 5 carries for 11 for Dillon.

The running game was pathetic, and the pass blocking was abysmal. I'm not making excuses for the guy, but he was doomed to failure with the play around him. You really have to hope he can bounce back from this next week.

A young QB needs a good running game behind him to really succeed. That has been non-existent for Love so far this year. At least Rodgers had a couple of good Ryan Grant years when he first started.

What happened to the concept of us running the ball more now that Rodgers is gone? I thought it was always his fault because he optioned to a pass play all the time.
We need to run the damn ball. Just because our line was totally outplayed doesn't excuse this fact. Put 3 tight ends in and run the ball. Get our offensive line to be aggressive instead of lying back and getting run over.

This is entirely on MLF. Team wasn't ready to play and then he panicked and threw is young QB to the wolves. Just horrible coaching.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,188
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#436 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:22 pm

stillgotgame wrote:
rayallenscalves wrote:

What happened to the concept of us running the ball more now that Rodgers is gone? I thought it was always his fault because he optioned to a pass play all the time.
We need to run the damn ball. Just because our line was totally outplayed doesn't excuse this fact. Put 3 tight ends in and run the ball. Get our offensive line to be aggressive instead of lying back and getting run over.

This is entirely on MLF. Team wasn't ready to play and then he panicked and threw is young QB to the wolves. Just horrible coaching.

I think it's this:
1. Trying to ease Jones back in
2. Everyone else behind him on the depth chart is terrible in NFL terms
3. The Lions have a great front 7
4. Our line is decimated

I don't think the game goes any differently last night if they pound the ball early unless Jones was able to get more touches than they seemed to be willing to give him.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,134

Post#437 » by MVP2110 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:36 pm

Read on Twitter
?t=SMMjZR9n8yC7uFSE07la7g&s=19
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,234

Post#438 » by PintSizedBox10 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:42 pm

From Twitter:

Packers rank in defensive rush EPA per snap since Brian Gutekunst became GM: 32nd

Since Matt LaFleur became coach: 32nd

This season: 27th

We're consistent!
jimmybones
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,778

Post#439 » by jimmybones » Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:42 pm

Last night was not fun to watch but not surprising by any objective measure. Youngest team in the league, missing a bunch of key guys, it just is what it is. This is a developmental year.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#440 » by Treebeard » Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:43 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?t=SMMjZR9n8yC7uFSE07la7g&s=19

What steps can they reasonably take between now and the post-break game with Denver to shore up the OLine? Jenkins may/probably not be back by then, so unless they make other moves, this protection and run blocking issue shapes up to be lather, rinse, repeat against good teams. They should be able to hold their own against the Raiders and Broncos, but if the line continues to struggle against those mediocre teams, that's ominous

Return to Green Bay Packers