ImageImage

Game 9: Packers at Lions - 11/6/22 - Noon - Fox

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

RiotPunch
RealGM
And1: 15,382

Re: Game 9: Packers at Lions - 11/6/22 - Noon - Fox 

Post#441 » by RiotPunch » Tue Nov 8, 2022 6:17 pm

Aaron has his warts. I was bummed that he was visibly blaming others for his own mistakes on Sunday, albeit in the heat of the moment, and he does tend to walk back those outbursts with the media postgame. He's just trying to go hero ball, to the detriment of the team. This made him a recent 2-Time MVP with Davante but a hindrance to the offense without him. I think he can still be really, really good in the right situation.

Playing armchair GM on The Pat McAfee Show hasn't helped anything. Calling out teammates, sending veiled messages to the coaches/front office-- doing things on air, indirectly, that he should be doing behind closed doors, directly.

Now, Murphy/Gute/MLF have all been enablers and allowed this thing to balloon. Gute has also been absolutely over his skis trying to build this thing around Aaron. Dreadful. Unable to commit to a direction. LaFleur has failed to hire adequate leaders for our defense. This is not all on Aaron, he's just a part of this bucket of ass team.
#FreeChuckDiesel
Bucksmaniac wrote:I'm sorry, but I'm starting to sour on Giannis
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,179

Post#442 » by Iheartfootball » Tue Nov 8, 2022 6:32 pm

I understand Aaron's frustration. He expected to win and they aren't doing that. However, I also believe there are more effective ways to motivate young WRs besides negative body language, visible anger/frustration, and resorting to placing blame on them in the media. I think mature leaders place some responsibility on themselves since it's a team sport and deflects pressure on young and immature players. Frankly, it's not healthy for their confidence. I've yet to see or hear him do that this season and historically that doesn't seem to be something he is ready to do.

I don't place all the blame on any one person. It's a systemic failure for the entire organization. They might need to clean house and rethink how they approach every facet of the team.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,875

Post#443 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 6:56 pm

Rodgers obviously isn't perfect. I'm not saying he is. But he has taken responsibility for his own poor play after every loss this year. Even after some wins.

I understand people being frustrated with him. His play has been very subpar. Partly his fault, and I'd say mostly because of the HORRIBLE cast of WRs/TEs he has to work with.

But the venom that is getting spewed his way is what I think is insane and just embarrassing. And is why I said Packer fans are spoiled brats.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,204

Post#444 » by RRyder823 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 7:10 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:The last 2 years he was phenomenal, on his way to win 2 MVPs. And even then people would point out every time he'd miss somebody.

I've honestly never seen a fanbase nitpick and bash their own player like Packer fans do Rodgers. Oh, he shakes his head after a play. Oh he yelled at his WR. Guess what, all great QBs do. Brady and Manning were always blowing up at players. Can he be a cock every now and then? Sure. Most greats were. Look at Jordan and Kobe.

If he is pissed/bitter, I think he has every reason to be. Especially with the whole Love situation. The current regime was literally trying to push him out...before he went on to win 2 MVPs. What a slap in the face. And then having to play out his final year(s) with one of the worst WR/TE groups a team has ever assembled.

Rodgers has never been in any kind of trouble with the law. Never been busted for PEDs etc. He's nothing like Favre. Now THAT'S A d-bag. His whole career he's said he wants to play in GB his whole career. He's the best QB this franchise has ever seen, period. And yet spoiled **** brat Packer fans have turned on him like I've never seen a fanbase turn on a player before. A Hall of Fame one at that.

The whole vax thing really pissed a lot of people off, apparently.

Must be that.

But to offer a counter argument it could be the changing of plays in the huddle, wanting to be the gm, forced a trade for his buddy to come play WR, not wanting to play within the hc's scheme that had rejuvenated his career before he decided enough is enough and then throwing a tamptrum trying to force a trade the day of the draft till he got all of thee above along with a new horrid contract and then going on to throw everyone else under the buss when his play doesn't meet expectations

But I know. I know. It's all justified because he has to play with the worst WR/TE group in the league (very possibly true I'd agree) even though he knew what the WR/TE core was going to look like since he knew Adams wasn't comming back before he signed his new contract so obviously he didn't feel the need to get in any extra work with them

But yeah must of been the Vax thing that's causing backlash

Side Note: EVERY QB gets it pointed out when they miss a wide open player or gets caught on the sideline losing his **** or sulking. It's the nature of the position

Brady is constantly being talked about for his sideline outbursts and when Maholmes misses a streaking Kelce down the middle its the 1st thing shown on replay and if it costs a game you best believe it would be brought up later as well (but theyre still winning so it doesnt get mentioned). Acting like everyone else gets a pass and it's just Packer fans nitpicking on Rodgers while other QBs get a pass is a defense tactic that simply doesn't hold up to any level of scrutiny

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app

The vax thing is definitely part if it for a lot of people. Don't fool yourself. The hate towards him started before any of the other stuff you mentioned.

And you say he wants to be GM? The team has never cared about Rodgers' opinion when it comes to personnel (like other teams do with their franchise QB). How many times has he praised a WR only to have the team cut them? Or firing his QB coach, without even talking to him about it beforehand. Oh great, they traded for Cobb last year. And lets not talk about the draft/free agency/trade and lack of effort put in to help him out over the years. So save the GM talk.

The team was literally trying to force him out. They drafted his replacement in the 1st round. Then he shoved 2 MVP seasons up their ass and MADE them want him back. He had EVERY reason to be pissed and consider a trade. I would too.

As far as changing plays in the huddle, most QBs do that
. Do you know which plays he changes and which ones he doesn't? No. And who is he "throwing under the bus" exactly? He never mentions any names. He said people need to play better. He'll get pissed when a WR runs the wrong route. But as was said, Brady, Manning etc do too.

The hate is so over the top.

The hate for him started the moment he tried to force a trade on draft day. Argue the vax thing amped it for some but that draft day is when it started.

(also we live in Wisconsin. Let's not act like it's a forgone conclusion that didn't earn him a few brownie points with a large portion of the state outside of Milwaukee/Madison)

And no most QBs don't change the plays in the huddle. They change them at the LoS. Changing them in the huddle is next level douchness. Honestly I'm not even sure how debatable that is as there's a very clear difference between changing a play at the line of scrimmage versus in the huddle

I won't touch on everything else in this post as it's allready been said and pointed out before and I would prefer this doesn't devolve into a "nah uh that's not what happened" back n forth

Listen. Is it all on Rodgers? Of course not. There's plenty of blame to go around. From Murphy to Gutes acquiescence and/or inaction (however you wanna look at it) to MLF losing control to hell even just plain bad luck with injuries now. There's no shortage of it. But acting like Rodgers should be exempt from harsh criticism just because he's Rodgers is no better then what your accusing others of

Edit: I saw your last post and perhaps we should define as what you consider the unjust venom that is being spewed?

VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#445 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 7:17 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
Must be that.

But to offer a counter argument it could be the changing of plays in the huddle, wanting to be the gm, forced a trade for his buddy to come play WR, not wanting to play within the hc's scheme that had rejuvenated his career before he decided enough is enough and then throwing a tamptrum trying to force a trade the day of the draft till he got all of thee above along with a new horrid contract and then going on to throw everyone else under the buss when his play doesn't meet expectations

But I know. I know. It's all justified because he has to play with the worst WR/TE group in the league (very possibly true I'd agree) even though he knew what the WR/TE core was going to look like since he knew Adams wasn't comming back before he signed his new contract so obviously he didn't feel the need to get in any extra work with them

But yeah must of been the Vax thing that's causing backlash

Side Note: EVERY QB gets it pointed out when they miss a wide open player or gets caught on the sideline losing his **** or sulking. It's the nature of the position

Brady is constantly being talked about for his sideline outbursts and when Maholmes misses a streaking Kelce down the middle its the 1st thing shown on replay and if it costs a game you best believe it would be brought up later as well (but theyre still winning so it doesnt get mentioned). Acting like everyone else gets a pass and it's just Packer fans nitpicking on Rodgers while other QBs get a pass is a defense tactic that simply doesn't hold up to any level of scrutiny

The vax thing is definitely part if it for a lot of people. Don't fool yourself. The hate towards him started before any of the other stuff you mentioned.

And you say he wants to be GM? The team has never cared about Rodgers' opinion when it comes to personnel (like other teams do with their franchise QB). How many times has he praised a WR only to have the team cut them? Or firing his QB coach, without even talking to him about it beforehand. Oh great, they traded for Cobb last year. And lets not talk about the draft/free agency/trade and lack of effort put in to help him out over the years. So save the GM talk.

The team was literally trying to force him out. They drafted his replacement in the 1st round. Then he shoved 2 MVP seasons up their ass and MADE them want him back. He had EVERY reason to be pissed and consider a trade. I would too.

As far as changing plays in the huddle, most QBs do that
. Do you know which plays he changes and which ones he doesn't? No. And who is he "throwing under the bus" exactly? He never mentions any names. He said people need to play better. He'll get pissed when a WR runs the wrong route. But as was said, Brady, Manning etc do too.

The hate is so over the top.

The hate for him started the moment he tried to force a trade on draft day. Argue the vax thing amped it for some but that draft day is when it started.

And no most QBs don't change the plays in the huddle. They change them at the LoS. Changing them in the huddle is next level douchness. Honestly I'm not even sure how debatable that is as there's a very clear difference between changing a play at the line of scrimmage versus in the huddle

Listen. Is it all on Rodgers? Of course not. There's plenty of blame to go around. From Murphy to Gutes acquiescence and/or inaction (however you wanna look at it) to MLF losing control to hell even just plain bad luck with injuries now. There's no shortage of it. But acting like Rodgers should be exempt from harsh criticism just because he's Rodgers is no better then what your accusing others of

The hate from you specifically may have started more recently. There's been plenty of hate from others well before it got to that point.

And are you saying you know when Rodgers changes the play in the huddle? That's impressive, if so.

And I said Rodgers deserves some blame for a lot of stuff. But people acting like he stated a damn dog fighting ring or something.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,301

Post#446 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 8, 2022 7:27 pm

Your hyperbole is something, man.
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#447 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 7:33 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:Your hyperbole is something, man.

What hyperbole? You know what's hyperbole? Saying Jevon Carter is utter trash.
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#448 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 7:39 pm

2019-20 Packers come 1 win from going to the SB. A few months later at the draft, everyone figured they'd be looking to improve the team. To get to the SB while Rodgers is still here. Instead, not only do they not get us any help with their first pick, they MOVE UP in the 1st round...TO DRAFT RODGERS' REPLACEMENT.

Rodgers keeps quiet. Plays good soldier. Even helps/mentors Love. He goes on to win MVP (twice). Oh, NOW the team wants him back.

I have no issue with Rodgers wanting out. None.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#449 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 8, 2022 7:44 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:

See, more hyperbole. What are you doing?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#450 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 8, 2022 7:45 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:2019-20 Packers come 1 win from going to the SB. A few months later at the draft, everyone figured they'd be looking to improve the team. To get to the SB while Rodgers is still here. Instead, not only do they not get us any help with their first pick, they MOVE UP in the 1st round...TO DRAFT RODGERS' REPLACEMENT.

Rodgers keeps quiet. Plays good soldier. Even helps/mentors Love. He goes on to win MVP (twice). Oh, NOW the team wants him back.

True or false: the franchise would be in a better spot if they had traded him as opposed to giving him that deal?
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#451 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 7:47 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:

That wasn't you that said that about Carter the other night? If not I apologize but I thought it was. And what did I say that was hyperbole??
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#452 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 7:48 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:2019-20 Packers come 1 win from going to the SB. A few months later at the draft, everyone figured they'd be looking to improve the team. To get to the SB while Rodgers is still here. Instead, not only do they not get us any help with their first pick, they MOVE UP in the 1st round...TO DRAFT RODGERS' REPLACEMENT.

True or false: the franchise would be in a better spot if they had traded him as opposed to giving him that deal?

Looking at it now? Of course. How is that Aaron's fault and what does it have to do with anything I said?
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#453 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 8, 2022 7:50 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:What hyperbole? You know what's hyperbole? Saying Jevon Carter is utter trash.

That wasn't you that said that about Carter the other night? If not I apologize but I thought it was. And what did I say that was hyperbole??

I said he'd sucked, and he had. I'm glad he's played better since. I didn't say he was "utter trash". That''s called hyperbole, and it's what you're doing with Rodgers simply because people wanted to trade him. Obviously we were all right.
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#454 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 7:52 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

I said he'd sucked, and he had. I'm glad he's played better since. I didn't say he was "utter trash". That''s called hyperbole, and it's what you're doing with Rodgers simply because people wanted to trade him. Obviously we were all right.

People saying NOW Packers should have just traded Rodgers in hindsight because 1) the teams sucks 2) they ended up getting him NO help at the trade deadline is WAY different than all the hate thrown his way. Talk about hyperbole. :lol:
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#455 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 8, 2022 7:56 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:That wasn't you that said that about Carter the other night? If not I apologize but I thought it was. And what did I say that was hyperbole??

People saying NOW Packers should have just traded Rodgers in hindsight because 1) the teams sucks 2) they ended up getting him NO help at the trade deadline is WAY different than all the hate thrown his way. Talk about hyperbole. :lol:

You must be new here if you think people only wanted to trade him in hindsight.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#456 » by Treebeard » Tue Nov 8, 2022 8:26 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

As I recall, there was a fairly significant number of posters who were not fans of resigning Aaron - even BEFORE the deal, as the expectations of performance weren't realistic and the Cap issues were expected to be crippling.

I also think most of us bit the bullet and hoped for the best once the wheeling and dealing was done - though that also fell short of lofty expectations. I know I put on the Green and Gold goggles and hoped my objections were wrong. The tremendous Defense was to be the strength, the Offense to be a work-in-progress for the first games, and the Special Teams were to become.... adequate+. All three of those elements have often fell far short of all of our expectations, so the torches and pitch forks are out.

Accountability is in order!
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#457 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 8:29 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

I'm talking about the people who didn't wanna trade him. The people who wanted the back to back MVP back because they thought they could compete this year. Before we realized the front office wasn't gonna do **** to improve the WR corp. Before we realized the defense was gonna suck AGAIN despite this being the year they were supposed to be great.

And again, how is it Aaron's fault they didn't trade him?
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#458 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 8:30 pm

Treebeard wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:People saying NOW Packers should have just traded Rodgers in hindsight because 1) the teams sucks 2) they ended up getting him NO help at the trade deadline is WAY different than all the hate thrown his way. Talk about hyperbole. :lol:

As I recall, there was a fairly significant number of posters who were not fans of resigning Aaron - even BEFORE the deal, as the expectations of performance weren't realistic and the Cap issues were expected to be crippling.

I also think most of us bit the bullet and hoped for the best once the wheeling and dealing was done - though that also fell short of lofty expectations. I know I put on the Green and Gold goggles and hoped my objections were wrong. The tremendous Defense was to be the strength, the Offense to be a work-in-progress for the first games, and the Special Teams were to become.... adequate+. All three of those elements have often fell far short of all of our expectations, so the torches and pitch forks are out.

Accountability is in order!

You just beat me to it with some of those points.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#459 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 8, 2022 8:43 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:People saying NOW Packers should have just traded Rodgers in hindsight because 1) the teams sucks 2) they ended up getting him NO help at the trade deadline is WAY different than all the hate thrown his way. Talk about hyperbole. :lol:

I'm talking about the people who didn't wanna trade him. The people who wanted the back to back MVP back because they thought they could compete this year. Before we realized the front office wasn't gonna do **** to improve the WR corp. Before we realized the defense was gonna suck AGAIN despite this being the year they were supposed to be great.

I absolutely blame the front office for their role here. But it's not as if someone held a gun to Rodgers' head and made him sign the new contract. He could have forced his way out in the same way dozens of stars have done over the years. Instead, in the end, it was all about money. Rodgers wanted all the money, and the front office hammered the nail in the coffin when they gave it to him.
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#460 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 8:57 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

I absolutely blame the front office for their role here. But it's not as if someone held a gun to Rodgers' head and made him sign the new contract. He could have forced his way out in the same way dozens of stars have done over the years. Instead, in the end, it was all about money. Rodgers wanted all the money, and the front office hammered the nail in the coffin when they gave it to him.

Rodgers has been saying his entire career he wants to play in GB for the whole thing. He didn't force a trade, even after the team **** on him. And he's being blasted for that now?? Because instead of forcing his way out, he got a new payday??? After winning MVP the previous 2 years?

Like I said, ridiculous hate being spewed by some of you. Holy ****. :lol:

Return to Green Bay Packers