ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,305

Re: Game 9: Packers at Lions - 11/6/22 - Noon - Fox 

Post#461 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 8, 2022 9:16 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:I'm talking about the people who didn't wanna trade him. The people who wanted the back to back MVP back because they thought they could compete this year. Before we realized the front office wasn't gonna do **** to improve the WR corp. Before we realized the defense was gonna suck AGAIN despite this being the year they were supposed to be great.

And again, how is it Aaron's fault they didn't trade him?

I absolutely blame the front office for their role here. But it's not as if someone held a gun to Rodgers' head and made him sign the new contract. He could have forced his way out in the same way dozens of stars have done over the years. Instead, in the end, it was all about money. Rodgers wanted all the money, and the front office hammered the nail in the coffin when they gave it to him.

Rodgers has been saying his entire career he wants to play in GB for the whole thing. He didn't force a trade, even after the team **** on him. And he's being blasted for that now?? Because instead of forcing his way out, he got a new payday??? After winning MVP the previous 2 years?

Like I said, ridiculous hate being spewed by some of you. Holy ****. :lol:

You keep saying hate. I don't hate anyone. If anything I'm mildly annoyed. I was bummed when he re-signed and that was the extent of it.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,875

Post#462 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 9:29 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
I absolutely blame the front office for their role here. But it's not as if someone held a gun to Rodgers' head and made him sign the new contract. He could have forced his way out in the same way dozens of stars have done over the years. Instead, in the end, it was all about money. Rodgers wanted all the money, and the front office hammered the nail in the coffin when they gave it to him.

Rodgers has been saying his entire career he wants to play in GB for the whole thing. He didn't force a trade, even after the team **** on him. And he's being blasted for that now?? Because instead of forcing his way out, he got a new payday??? After winning MVP the previous 2 years?

You keep saying hate. I don't hate anyone. If anything I'm mildly annoyed. I was bummed when he re-signed and that was the extent of it.

I said hate being spewed.

Bottom line is I just think it's crazy how many fans ARE hating on Rodgers. I don't think I've ever seen a fanbase turn on a player of his caliber the way the Packer fanbase has him. They acting like he's done or said something so terrible. Like I said, Packer fans are spoiled brats.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#463 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 8, 2022 9:37 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:Rodgers has been saying his entire career he wants to play in GB for the whole thing. He didn't force a trade, even after the team **** on him. And he's being blasted for that now?? Because instead of forcing his way out, he got a new payday??? After winning MVP the previous 2 years?

I said hate being spewed.

Bottom line is I just think it's crazy how many fans ARE hating on Rodgers. I don't think I've ever seen a fanbase turn on a player of his caliber the way the Packer fanbase has him. They acting like he's done or said something so terrible. Like I said, Packer fans are spoiled brats.

He's one of the highest paid players in the league and he's been playing like ****. For all his accolades he's been decidedly mediocre when it matters in the playoffs. He's also insufferable.

It's not hard to understand why a large portion of the fan base has had enough of the guy.
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#464 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 9:43 pm

Like I said, spoiled brats.

2 straight MVP season at age 36 and 37. Followed by a bad season where he hasn't looked good himself. Partly because of him and partly because of a bad o-line and one of the worst receiving corps ever assembled.

So now **** him!! Trade his ass! POS! Start Love!!! Blah, blah.

Spoiled. Brats.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#465 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 8, 2022 9:53 pm

I'd say we found Rodgers' mom, but even his own family hates him.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,136

Post#466 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Nov 8, 2022 9:55 pm

I was all in favor of him returning. Back to back MVP, he was amazing the last 2 years.

HOWEVER once the team knew Adams was going to be traded AND they had no plans to to draft a receiver high, get a receiver in return or find any decent vets (Sammy Watkins? Seriously?) THAT was the time to trade Rodgers. You don't sign a QB for that much $$$ and then send him out there with that ragtag bunch. The rookies may turn out to be fine players one day (Adams sucked at first) but you go all in on 38 year old Rodgers, re-sign Campbell and Douglas, give Jaire a big extension and then crap the bed with receivers? Maybe Gute thought the defense would be so dominating the offense would be good enough.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#467 » by Flames24Rulz » Tue Nov 8, 2022 10:05 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:I was all in favor of him returning. Back to back MVP, he was amazing the last 2 years.

HOWEVER once the team knew Adams was going to be traded AND they had no plans to to draft a receiver high, get a receiver in return or find any decent vets (Sammy Watkins? Seriously?) THAT was the time to trade Rodgers. You don't sign a QB for that much $$$ and then send him out there with that ragtag bunch. The rookies may turn out to be fine players one day (Adams sucked at first) but you go all in on 38 year old Rodgers, re-sign Campbell and Douglas, give Jaire a big extension and then crap the bed with receivers? Maybe Gute thought the defense would be so dominating the offense would be good enough.

This alone is why I don't want Gute in charge of a rebuild. His entire philosophy during his tenure as GM here with WR's has been incredibly sketchy. Then you look at the amount of offensive skilled position players that he's drafted that have actually turned out to be more than serviceable, and it's downright bad.

They totally overvalued their defense based on what they did against the Niners and a lot of backup/bad QB's in the second half of the year last year. That's entirely on Gutekunst too.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#468 » by Treebeard » Tue Nov 8, 2022 10:06 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:Like I said, spoiled brats.

2 straight MVP season at age 36 and 37. Followed by a bad season where he hasn't looked good himself. Partly because of him and partly because of a bad o-line and one of the worst receiving corps ever assembled.

Spoiled. Brats.

I'll bite. I AM one of the spoiled brats.

Rogers has not lived up to his contract this year, so I WILL lump him in with the other defects of this ineffective team. He IS part of the problem, so as a team captain, and the highest paid player on the roster, he needs to be held to a high standard and should expect hearty criticism. This is a performance based system. Perform and all is well. Fail to perform to expectations, you will be criticised. OF COURSE, he's just one component of a broken team, but he's a team leader, so he's one of the guys to deserve some of the bricks.
'
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#469 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 11:04 pm

Treebeard wrote:

Spoiled. Brats.

I'll bite. I AM one of the spoiled brats.

Rogers has not lived up to his contract this year, so I WILL lump him in with the other defects of this ineffective team. He IS part of the problem, so as a team captain, and the highest paid player on the roster, he needs to be held to a high standard and should expect hearty criticism. This is a performance based system. Perform and all is well. Fail to perform to expectations, you will be criticised. OF COURSE, he's just one component of a broken team, but he's a team leader, so he's one of the guys to deserve some of the bricks.
'

Nothing wrong with saying he deserves some of the blame this year. I put blame on him too. I'm just saying the amount of hate he's gotten the past few years really is something. Also some nasty things said about him. And I'm not saying just here.

I do think people underestimate just how bad the WR/TE corp really is. And that's BEFORE all the injuries. I doubt any QB could succeed with this group. But Rodgers definitely could be better too, no doubt.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#470 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Nov 8, 2022 11:35 pm

This teams problems aren't exclusive to WRs. If Adams or some other star was here it wouldn't have changed much.

Damn near the entire team has underperformed including Rodgers . Now injuries are piling up.

Just a year from hell, that happens from time to time. Shrug

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,977

Post#471 » by stillgotgame » Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:42 am

Spoiled. Brats.

I think this board hates on him a lot because it’s an easy way to display frustration. Rather than actually have to think about it as a team game they just point to where he missed a receiver and bitch. Convenient because he makes a lot of money.

That said, there was a lot to point at in the Lions game. He sucked. Both picks at the goal line we’re all on him, he made 2 bad throws. Cost us the game, plain and simple.
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Return to Green Bay Packers