MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,134

Re: Game 4: Lions at Packers - 7:15 - Prime/Channel 6 in MKE 

Post#481 » by MVP2110 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:57 pm

CWoodfan wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
CWoodfan wrote:
This is the most favorable schedule the Pack has played in years.

Four 0-3 teams (Bears, Broncos, Raiders, and Vikings) face off this weekend and the Pack has 5 games against remaining against them. 1 of the 2 wins to date was over the hapless Bears.

The 2023 Packers will likely manage to win 7 or 8 games.

Then, the usual ducky & bunny crowd will convince themselves that the franchise is in great shape because the youngest team in the NFL somehow nearly made the playoffs ... followed by getting all excited when Gutey takes another great defensive player in round 1 of the 2024 draft ... rinse, repeat.

If the Packers manage to win 7 or 8 games this season then yes they are in pretty darn good shape going forward. Imagine what would happen when their young guys develop and they get out of the Cap hell their in right now.

Can't wait until WHEN (not IF, BUT WHEN) all the young guys currently on the roster necessarily develop ... just like previous (round 1-3 Gutey draft pick) young guys Josh Jackson, Oren Burks, Darnell Savage, Jace Sternberger, AJ Dillon, Josiah Degaura, Josh Myers, and Amari Rodgers all developed.

Can there be any doubt that Devonte Wyatt & Sean Rhyan (2022 round 1 and 3 picks, respectively) are on their way to stardom?

Given the track records of the round 1-3 picks listed above and the way all of his 1st round picks are dominating defensively, why would anyone possibly question Gutey's drafting prowess?

As if no GM has their fair share of misses. What's funny is quite a few studies were done this past offseason on GMs who were the best drafters and while Gutey wasn't #1 he was squarely in the top 10 on all of them. You can reread the draft threads if you want to see the specific studies done.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,344

Post#482 » by crkone » Fri Sep 29, 2023 9:04 pm

Read on Twitter

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,977

Post#483 » by stillgotgame » Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:49 am

MVP2110 wrote:
CWoodfan wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:I guess some of you have a higher opinion of this roster than I do because I'd say the results this season are about what I expected.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app

Four 0-3 teams (Bears, Broncos, Raiders, and Vikings) face off this weekend and the Pack has 5 games against remaining against them. 1 of the 2 wins to date was over the hapless Bears.

Then, the usual ducky & bunny crowd will convince themselves that the franchise is in great shape because the youngest team in the NFL somehow nearly made the playoffs ... followed by getting all excited when Gutey takes another great defensive player in round 1 of the 2024 draft ... rinse, repeat.

If the Packers manage to win 7 or 8 games this season then yes they are in pretty darn good shape going forward. Imagine what would happen when their young guys develop and they get out of the Cap hell their in right now.

What is cap hell got to do with the performance of the defense? Were 16th in defensive spending, middle of the league. In fact we're spending more on our defense this year than the Eagles and 49ers.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/defense/

Year after year we have excuses for the defense. Why not just except that what we're doing isn't working?
Read on Twitter
?s=20
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#484 » by MVP2110 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:54 am

Read on Twitter
?t=WxPOgb76J8GcKmeWtGweLg&s=19
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#485 » by MVP2110 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 2:58 am

stillgotgame wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
CWoodfan wrote:

What is cap hell got to do with the performance of the defense? Were 16th in defensive spending, middle of the league. In fact we're spending more on our defense this year than the Eagles and 49ers.
https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/positional/defense/

Year after year we have excuses for the defense. Why not just except that what we're doing isn't working?

I'm all for moving on from Barry, my statement was about the overall outlook of the team. They are the youngest team in the NFL, with a ton of dead cap, and a 1st time starting QB. I never understood people thinking we were going to win 10 or 11 games this year
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,234

Post#486 » by PintSizedBox10 » Sat Sep 30, 2023 3:48 pm

Watched Mike Wahle's Detroit video and yea, our LBs are awful. Walker is screwing up all over the place. Especially in the running game.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,133

Post#487 » by MickeyDavis » Sat Sep 30, 2023 5:41 pm

Walker had a 9 on the Wonderlic test. His mental mistakes are evident. If he ever gets that part of his game solved look out.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,345

Post#488 » by Mags FTW » Sat Sep 30, 2023 6:16 pm

PintSizedBox10 wrote:Watched Mike Wahle's Detroit video and yea, our LBs are awful. Walker is screwing up all over the place. Especially in the running game.

I'm glad he pointed out Ford had a chance to truck Goff but chose to run OOB instead. If I was a teammate, I'd be apocalyptic after seeing that.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,782

Post#489 » by ReginaldDwight » Sun Oct 1, 2023 2:52 am

MickeyDavis wrote:Walker had a 9 on the Wonderlic test. His mental mistakes are evident. If he ever gets that part of his game solved look out.

2nd year player in a mentally demanding role, he will improve

Return to Green Bay Packers