ImageImage

Game 10: Cowboys at Packers - 11/13/22 - 3:25 - FOX

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,235

Re: Game 10: Cowboys at Packers - 11/13/22 - 3:25 - FOX 

Post#521 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Nov 14, 2022 10:46 am

I apologize to Christian Watson for calling him “the WR version of Kevin King”. I said it out of frustration, and that’s not who I am as a person. I let myself down. I apologize to Christian, his family, and to anyone who was offended by my remarks.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
GiannisAnte34
Starter
And1: 1,865

Post#522 » by GiannisAnte34 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:02 am

DrWood wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:Is there even a realistic shot at a wild card spot? Seems like this type of win sets up for whiffing the playoffs and getting a middling pick

yes, there's a realistic shot. 1.5 games behind SF. 2.5 games behind Dallas. In two weeks there might not be a realistic shot.
4 of the last 7 games are against current playoff teams. So that doesn't help.

SF and Dallas are both better teams so I really don’t see that as being realistic
sdn40
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,418

Post#523 » by sdn40 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:10 am

DrWood wrote:Anyone else a little ambivalent on the win? It's great to beat the Cowboys, and it's great that Watson and Jones had good games, and I know we're only 1.5 games out of the playoffs right now. . . but draft picks.

Draft picks guarantee nothing.
Wins mean players are performing, young players are getting better, etc. Would you trade Watson's growth, and rather he had 7 drops in this game in exchange for a loss ??
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,135

Post#524 » by MVP2110 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:20 pm

DrWood wrote:Anyone else a little ambivalent on the win? It's great to beat the Cowboys, and it's great that Watson and Jones had good games, and I know we're only 1.5 games out of the playoffs right now. . . but draft picks.

I'm with you, the win was amazing in the moment. For future success a loss would have been better. I'm also not entirely sure how sustainable yesterday was considering the absolute disaster of a defensive gameplan Dallas ran out there. They played Cover 1 almost the entire game which Rodgers has spent his career destroying, instead of 2 high safety which has wrecked the Packers this season, it was a very odd choice to make by Dallas.

On a more positive note though I think Packer fans should be incredibly excited about our rookie WR trio.
A typical development curve has WRs "breaking out" in year 3, most rookie WRs have a limited impact in year 1. I think all 3 of Watson, Doubs, & Toure have shown an ability to get open at this level
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#525 » by MoMM » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:36 pm

sdn40 wrote:

Draft picks guarantee nothing.
Wins mean players are performing, young players are getting better, etc. Would you trade Watson's growth, and rather he had 7 drops in this game in exchange for a loss ??

A loss in the OT would mean the same thing, but with a higher draft pick. We would be tied for 3rd pick instead tied for 12th pick + the other rounds too.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,190

Post#526 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:49 pm

Hell of a game by the rook and hopefully this is the catalyst that gets him more involved in the offense. Outside of some braindead play-calling on 3rd down by MLF, this was probably the most complete game the offense had this season, and the defense made big plays and stops when it mattered most. Almost forgot what that felt like...
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,136

Post#527 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:14 pm

Our OL each played every snap (64).

Jones played 45, Dillon 24, they were both in on 5 snaps.

TE snap counts were Tonyan 41, Lewis 37, Deguarda 13, Davis 4.

WR it was Lazard 63, Watson 54, Watkins 21, Toure 12 and Amari 6.

On defense our base DB''s, Amos, Savage, Alexander, Douglas each played every snap (83). Ford played 63. Ballentine (who?) played 4 and Nixon played 2.

For LB Quay played all 83, Preston 71. McDuffie 68, Enagbare 62, Garvin 28, Hamilton 5.

DL Clark played 64, Reed 57, Lowry 39, Slaton 31, Wyatt 14.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,194

Post#528 » by JimmyTheKid » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:20 pm

Nice win despite Lafleur doing everything in his power to lose us the game. Not sure which gaffe was more funny bad, the decision to blindly continue to let Amari Rogers return punts or whatever that was at the end of regulation. Add Greg Olsen actually agreeing with Lafleur's "working the clock" and it had to be the latter. Like what in the world was I watching/hearing?

Obviously thrilled with Watson's coming out party. We desperately need his skill set. And I'm all for young men celebrating TD's, but when you've dropped more balls then you've caught to this point in your career, maybe chill out on the "don't sleep on me" braggadocio.

Its also not frustrating/annoying at all to watch Fat Mac go for it on every single 4th and short-to-medium in a game he probably viewed as his Super Bowl, but faced with 4th and 1 or 2 at the goal line in an actual NFC Championship game he elected to kick two 19 yard field goals. That headset spike gave me an immense amount of pleasure in an otherwise dud of a season.
leroyjw10
Sixth Man
And1: 1,270

Post#529 » by leroyjw10 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:20 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
Read on Twitter

And, uncoincidentally, Rodgers had his highest passer rating of the season at 146.7.
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,194

Post#530 » by JimmyTheKid » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:22 pm

leroyjw10 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
Read on Twitter

And, uncoincidentally, Rodgers had his highest passer rating of the season at 146.7.

Aaron Jones better not have 4 touches at half time Thursday night.
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#531 » by Treebeard » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:23 pm

Wifty casual observations: Reed,Engabarre,Ford!, Jones!! had very good games. Watson, Dillon, Clark, McDuffie had their ups-and-downs, but were productive. (Watson's up were spectacular, his downs were cringy - but on the whole, a real difference maker).

Also, on the whole, the line seemed pretty solid in Pass, and on some plays stellar on the Run
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,273

Post#532 » by LUKE23 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:32 pm

Watson’s speed if he gets a free release is pretty insane. I expect teams to jam the hell out of him (or at least try) the remainder of the season. Keeping him in motion pre-snap will help negate some of that. Man do they need him to be legit.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,136

Post#533 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:43 pm

All of Watsons receptions came when Dallas was in man coverage. It will be interesting to see what the Titans do.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#534 » by Treebeard » Mon Nov 14, 2022 2:51 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:All of Watsons receptions came when Dallas was in man coverage. It will be interesting to see what the Titans do.

The idea that opposing defenses need to consider counters to Watson's speed, should be a plus for the other recievers
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,204

Post#535 » by RRyder823 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 3:59 pm

MVP2110 wrote:

I'm with you, the win was amazing in the moment. For future success a loss would have been better. I'm also not entirely sure how sustainable yesterday was considering the absolute disaster of a defensive gameplan Dallas ran out there. They played Cover 1 almost the entire game which Rodgers has spent his career destroying, instead of 2 high safety which has wrecked the Packers this season, it was a very odd choice to make by Dallas.

On a more positive note though I think Packer fans should be incredibly excited about our rookie WR trio.
A typical development curve has WRs "breaking out" in year 3, most rookie WRs have a limited impact in year 1. I think all 3 of Watson, Doubs, & Toure have shown an ability to get open at this level

Teams haven't been running 2 high against us this year. GB simply hasn't taken advantage of it till today since they haven't had the speed to get over the top

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#536 » by MVP2110 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 4:27 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

Teams haven't been running 2 high against us this year. GB simply hasn't taken advantage of it till today since they haven't had the speed to get over the top

I mean that's just not true. NFL teams as a whole have been running more 2 high safety for the last couple years and we're seeing offenses taking a huge step back because of it. This has particularly worked against the Packers this year and even last

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-green-bay-packers-offense-aaron-rodgers-panic-time

"That chasm has only grown without the advent of Davante Adams and with the Packers facing two-high more often. Green Bay saw a nearly 2-to-1 ratio of single-high versus two-high the past two seasons, but that’s crept toward 1-to-1 this season"
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,188
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#537 » by Kerb Hohl » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:03 pm

GiannisAnte34 wrote:
DrWood wrote:
GiannisAnte34 wrote:Is there even a realistic shot at a wild card spot? Seems like this type of win sets up for whiffing the playoffs and getting a middling pick

yes, there's a realistic shot. 1.5 games behind SF. 2.5 games behind Dallas. In two weeks there might not be a realistic shot.
4 of the last 7 games are against current playoff teams. So that doesn't help.

SF and Dallas are both better teams so I really don’t see that as being realistic

I feel like if we're going to catch a team, it may be Seattle.

I do think they're a "for real" playoff caliber team, but I think SF is better and Dallas will win enough to hang on.

Only thing is Seattle gets a freebie with Carolina and the Rams x2, who probably have just packed it in for 2022.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,204

Post#538 » by RRyder823 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:08 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

I mean that's just not true. NFL teams as a whole have been running more 2 high safety for the last couple years and we're seeing offenses taking a huge step back because of it. This has particularly worked against the Packers this year and even last

"That chasm has only grown without the advent of Davante Adams and with the Packers facing two-high more often. Green Bay saw a nearly 2-to-1 ratio of single-high versus two-high the past two seasons, but that’s crept toward 1-to-1 this season"

It's pretty easy to count defenders at the los scrimmage this year. Not only that but when teams have played coverage the schemes have been almost exclusively shallow schemes. In the single high in past years they were shifting the coverage torwards Adams where's when they're running it this year the coverage is being shifted torwards the flat or the middle of the field

Running one high this year against GB hasn't been a novel concept.

(It should also be noted pretty much ALL QBs post better numbers against single high versus 2 high. It's why most teams employ a 2 high heavy approach for majority of games)

Treebeard
Head Coach

Post#539 » by Treebeard » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:08 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:Only thing is Seattle gets a freebie with Carolina and the Rams x2, who probably have just packed it in for 2022.

The Packers have been a major disappointment this season, but the Rams may have fallen even farther from grace. Quality roster, but every team seems to have figured them out.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#540 » by MVP2110 » Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:12 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:

The past few years that's what they've been running. THIS YEAR however they've been stacking the line. They haven't been playing 2 high this season

I mean you can disagree with the numbers all you want but the percentage of 2 High against the Packers this year has gone up this year. Until this game anyway

Return to Green Bay Packers