Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

neiLz
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,487

Re: Game 3: Saints at Packers - Noon - Fox 

Post#521 » by neiLz » Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:36 pm

Dennis Reynolds wrote:
jute2003 wrote:
Dennis Reynolds wrote:To me this win feels exactly the same as the Patriots game last season. Barely anything positive to take from away from this win besides Love in the 4th qtr. At least he finally showed something.
That's because you're incapable of joy.

Well that's kind true cause the Packers took it away after that disgusting playoff choke against the 49ers but that doesn't change the fact that I'm feeling the exact same thing I felt after that win which unfortunately turned out to be correct.

Except that team was a veteran super bowl contending team and this is the youngest team in the NFL missing their 5 BEST **** PLAYERS and somehow won. If you can't be happy after this, jesus christ you must be fun to hang out with.
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,235

Post#522 » by thomchatt3rton » Sun Sep 24, 2023 10:42 pm

Im a love-skeptic still, but give him (and everybody else) credit: it felt like the wheels had completely come off the offense. It would’ve been really easy to give up and just start chucking long, desperate incompletions. But Love kept his head in the game. That’s not nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,135

Post#523 » by MVP2110 » Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:56 pm

Just got home and read through the game thread, some of y'all are wild lol

The defense deserves a ton of credit, the D only gave up 10 points and pitched a shutout in the 2nd half. They kept the game within reach until our offense finally came to life

The offense for the 1st 3 quarters was terrible. Bad blocking, WRs dropping passes, Love missing guys etc. But wow, what an incredible 4th quarter. Love has incredible poise for sure, he doesn't let anything rattle him. Thought MLF had several great play calls that were just executed poorly or someone committed a penalty and that'll happen with a young team.

I still don't think this team is very good and am still thinking like 8ish wins, but they will also have some really exciting moments like today. They had absolutely no business winning this game with Watson, Jones, Bahktiari, Jenkins, Jaire, & Campbell all out. Hell in the 4th Ballentine was on Olave. A huge amount of credit to the coaching staff today. We got punched in the mouth and stood up and fought back. This team is super fun.

Also shoutout to MLF for making the correct decision on the 2pt conversion. I know many were confused but if you read the article MD posted earlier it's easy to see it's the right call.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
MoreTrife
Head Coach
And1: 2,386

Post#524 » by MoreTrife » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:05 am

So what's the conclusion on the defense this game? Is holding this Saints team to 10 points worth any accolades or are they a bad offense, especially because they were missing Carr last quarter plus and Winston is horrible?
thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,235

Post#525 » by thomchatt3rton » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:08 am

Ayt wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:
Daver wrote:

Was thst pass on love or on taylor

Nobodys fault per se, but Taylor made the right decision not running INTO coverage when he was open (and had a first down).

That was 100% on Taylor. You never run a route like that on that down and distance.

You know, watching the replay I think you’re right. Love *was* gonna lead him into the defender but what Taylor did made no sense—that read is either a bubble screen (bcuz the lb was playing so far off) or its what Love threw: its not “take two steps and just stop”.

MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,134

Post#526 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:22 am

MoreTrife wrote:So what's the conclusion on the defense this game? Is holding this Saints team to 10 points worth any accolades or are they a bad offense, especially because they were missing Carr last quarter plus and Winston is horrible?

Sure the Saints aren't a good offense but holding any team to 10 points, 252 total yards, 4/14 on 3rd downs is good. That's an improvement over an inept Bears offense in week 1 (20 points, 311 yards),
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,977

Post#527 » by stillgotgame » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:36 am

In the locker room after, very cool...

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#528 » by Treebeard » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:44 am

thomchatt3rton wrote:
Ayt wrote:
thomchatt3rton wrote:Nobodys fault per se, but Taylor made the right decision not running INTO coverage when he was open (and had a first down).

That was 100% on Taylor. You never run a route like that on that down and distance.

You know, watching the replay I think you’re right. Love *was* gonna lead him into the defender but what Taylor did made no sense—that read is either a bubble screen (bcuz the lb was playing so far off) or its what Love threw: its not “take two steps and just stop”.

I don't know one way or the other, but Love gave Taylor the "Rogers look" as they were leaving the field :lol:
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,183

Post#529 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:48 am

Give Rashan his money. Man was a one-man wrecking crew today.
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,766

Post#530 » by chonestown » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:49 am

I didn't watch the game.

Good game.imo
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,186

Post#531 » by raysbookclub » Mon Sep 25, 2023 12:51 am

MoreTrife wrote:So what's the conclusion on the defense this game? Is holding this Saints team to 10 points worth any accolades or are they a bad offense, especially because they were missing Carr last quarter plus and Winston is horrible?

I don't think you really hang your hat on stopping a fill-in Jameis Winston, but they played alright overall. They shouldn't have been down 17-0; that's not on the defense, it's on the whole team doing the opposite of complementary football.

The least encouraging thing about the defense today is they allowed Winston and the Saints to go 45 yards in one minute when it counted, and they got bailed out by their kicker missing a 40-some yarder.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,131

Post#532 » by Matches Malone » Mon Sep 25, 2023 1:29 am

Like a Jedi meditating.

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,039

Post#533 » by BUCKnation » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:14 am

Great 4th quarter, extremely frustrating first 3 with all of the drops, penalties and miscues. Seemed like we could move the ball but get stuck once we crossed midfield. Great job to just keep plugging away and finally played clean on offense, reversing the poor play and the refs finally started to call PI.

Fully expecting more teething problems this season with the team, but hopefully things can continue to get cleaned up with more experience and some health luck with the top talent.
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 964

Post#534 » by vegaspacker » Mon Sep 25, 2023 3:50 am

I was at the game. Trade Dillon for a box of grid squares or brick stretchers if anyone bites. He just doesn't fit the scheme and visa versa.

Love has some moxie for sure. He didn't quit and can buy time. I think when we get healthy starters, like Kid Cudi says, Day n Nite.

It was so loud during the 4th quarter. It was so funny to hear Bill Jartz (PA anncouncer) pleading with the fans to 'quiet down' when GB had the ball. He did it repeatedly, like at least a dozen times. Felt as if I was in a library, but the fans finally took notice.

Defense was solid most of the game. I am not grabbing a pitchfork.

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,396

Post#535 » by rilamann » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:01 am

The last 2 games have been frustrating, but it has been a lot of fun watching Jordan Love develop in real time.

He's had some bad throws which is to be expected from a first year starter, but you can tell he's a guy who is going to be a lot better by week 8, and then be even better than that by week 12.

And with that said, through these first 3 games Love is on pace for a (roughly) 38/6 TD to INT ratio. Not bad for a first year starter who is going to continue to improve each week. And that's without Watson and only 3 quarters of Aaron Jones.

Now if someone can convince MLF to call plays from the opening kick-off with the mindset that we're down 17 in the 4th quarter, we might be alright....lol.

And using Dillon properly wouldn't hurt either.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,396

Post#536 » by rilamann » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:09 am

vegaspacker wrote:I was at the game. Trade Dillon for a box of grid squares or brick stretchers if anyone bites. He just doesn't fit the scheme and visa versa.

Love has some moxie for sure. He didn't quit and can buy time. I think when we get healthy starters, like Kid Cudi says, Day n Nite.

It was so loud during the 4th quarter. It was so funny to hear Bill Jartz (PA anncouncer) pleading with the fans to 'quiet down' when GB had the ball. He did it repeatedly, like at least a dozen times. Felt as if I was in a library, but the fans finally took notice.

Defense was solid most of the game. I am not grabbing a pitchfork.

Sent from my SM-S918U using RealGM mobile app

I said it last week and I will say it again. I doubt Love will ever be as good as Rodgers, but Love might be a guy I would trust more in the playoffs and in big game situations than Rodgers.

Love seems like the type of guy who would over throw a wide open receiver in the 2nd quarter, but then throw his most accurate pass of the game when it matters most. Or have a meh game thru 3 quarters, then convert every 3rd down in the 4th and win the game. I get the vibe Love is that dude.

He's got some of that Tom Brady moxie.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,134

Post#537 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:16 am

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,514

Post#538 » by HKPackFan » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:03 am

I think what's encouraging is we are getting Jordan right now at Level 1.

He appears to have a high floor at this point. I don't see him get rattled. Even the first couple of quarters of futility he seemed to not get too down. I like that he didn't shy away from any throws. He took shots downfield and didn't get discouraged. Between drops by his guys and his overthrows, he just went back to it again. He's not afraid of tight windows. He can throw a tear drop bomb or on a rope. That doubs TD was incredible. Only Doubs had a shot at it, throwing it high and outside.

We are getting the lowest level of Jordan Love and it's very encouraging. I'm not saying HOF or MVP, but he's going to level up over the course of this season and the next 1-2 seasons and I think he can be a top 10-15 QB for a good 7-10 years. I also liked his running decisions, and on a previous I think it was the 2pt conversion, he stepped up (I thought he was running, and I'm like...there's no way, he's never going to make it) and he stepped up just enough to get the ball off and fired a dart into the endzone. Just brilliant.

When Rodgers went 6-10 his first starting season you knew you had something special with him.

With Love it's also very encouraging. This level 1 of Jordan Love is already a decent QB. He's got a good head on his shoulders, has a strong arm, running ability, and great attitude.
#FreeChuckDiesel
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,514

Post#539 » by HKPackFan » Mon Sep 25, 2023 6:17 am

On Coaching:

I thought MFL was fine. He came up with plenty of creative plays and there was terrible execution. He also had his hands tied when his OLINE is committing penalty after penalty. It's not so easy to call a game plan when the O is marching backwards, the Oline keeps getting penalties, and there are drops and miscues everywhere by the skill players.

Defense. I'm not sold on Barry, I'm still not a fan. Gary is a stud and makes up for some of the poor defense. Sure the D held the saints at the end, but only after Gary knocked Carr out of the game. I have that dread the D will hold back this team while the offense goes through their growing pains.
#FreeChuckDiesel
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,135

Post#540 » by MVP2110 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:54 am

HKPackFan wrote:On Coaching:

I thought MFL was fine. He came up with plenty of creative plays and there was terrible execution. He also had his hands tied when his OLINE is committing penalty after penalty. It's not so easy to call a game plan when the O is marching backwards, the Oline keeps getting penalties, and there are drops and miscues everywhere by the skill players.

Defense. I'm not sold on Barry, I'm still not a fan. Gary is a stud and makes up for some of the poor defense. Sure the D held the saints at the end, but only after Gary knocked Carr out of the game. I have that dread the D will hold back this team while the offense goes through their growing pains.

I don't think Barry is a good coordinator and I hope the Packers move on from him, but so far through 3 games his defense has basically had 1 awful quarter(4th qtr vs ATL). The defense was really good yesterday even before Carr got knocked out, they only gave up 1 TD on a Shortened field. The Saints aren't great offensively but to hold any NFL team to 10 points or less is a really good defensive performance imo

As far as MLF goes, I think it's telling that we have the youngest team in the NFL & the Saints have the 2nd oldest yet we were the ones playing like we were the experienced vets in the 4th quarter. We know this team is going to have a lot of ups and downs this year but I've been really impressed by MLF, his play calls have been really creative and the team as a whole seems really well prepared each week.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"

Return to Green Bay Packers