Post#561 » by Matches Malone » Mon Sep 25, 2023 4:59 pm

New meme dropped on reddit :lol:

Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
jute2003
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,361

Re: Game 3: Saints at Packers - Noon - Fox 

Post#562 » by jute2003 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:02 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Dillon loves Green Bay, lives there year round, does a lot for the community, it's a shame he won't be around after this year. But I can't imagine he will be.

RB will be interesting next year. Jones (who will be 30) has a cap hit of $17.7 million and a dead cap hit of $12.3 million if cut. If he stays healthy the rest of this year they might bring him back on a short term reworked deal. He won't be back for a $17.7 million cap hit.
That is the sucky part. He has embraced wisconsin and seems to genuinely enjoy door county and green bay. I wish he was productive enough to keep around for that reason alone.
only a fan, only an opinion
sidney lanier
Head Coach
And1: 10,013

Post#563 » by sidney lanier » Mon Sep 25, 2023 5:34 pm

Matches Malone wrote:Like a Jedi meditating.

I don't think we call him a lama
And certainly never a brahma
But one thing on Jordan
You'll find my accord in
It's nice to be shut of the drama

Speaking of which, I wonder if old number 12 sent a congratulatory message to his former "protege" on the comeback win, or if, like the resentful diva he is, he's too busy. The Love era will I think be mercifully free of the disgusted looks that used to follow dropped passes or flubbed routes. I hope so.
"The Bucks in six always. That's for the culture." -- B. Jennings
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,266

Post#564 » by skones » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:06 pm

The 2 point conversion to Toure was as Rodgers-esque as you can get. Buying time, moving the defense away from the read, and turning and slinging it back to the corner was a thing of beauty.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,204

Post#565 » by RRyder823 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:17 pm

Maybe it's just me but does it seem like most of Love's bad throws are when the reciever is running free n clear?

I dunno perhaps those are just sticking out more often but maybe he's getting a lil to excited when he sees a guy bust out

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
Treebeard
Head Coach
And1: 1,752

Post#566 » by Treebeard » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:31 pm

RRyder823 wrote:Maybe it's just me but does it seem like most of Love's bad throws are when the reciever is running free n clear?

I dunno perhaps those are just sticking out more often but maybe he's getting a lil to excited when he sees a guy bust out

The Packer radio guys commented later in the game that when Love came out of the tunnel he seemed quite amped-up, compared to his normal steady-eddie personality. I forget which one opined that maybe his earlier misfires could have been a bit of over-excitement.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,134

Post#567 » by MVP2110 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:41 pm

Rewatching the All 22 and through 3 games the biggest thing that has stuck out to me, MLF is a great playcaller and play designer. I'm speaking anecdotally here obviously but it feels like the creativity has gone up another level this year. I already thought he was a great play caller but man some of the stuff he's drawing up this year is wild.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Giannisland34
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#568 » by Giannisland34 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 7:56 pm

I’m still fully abroad the fire Barry train. Yeah the defense played decent but that one game doesn’t remove all his sins for years now. There was still many of the same issues were there to see as well Sunday. Still soft zones on crucial plays (guys playing so far off the 1sts come easy) and the Winston lead offense easily moved into field goal range with under 3 minutes to work with. That’s not an a real dominant performance but we are so accustom to much worse it probably appears that way to many. Also remember both the Saints top two RBs were out. So that helped the D’s biggest weakness and helped play to its strengths. So great job Barry, you didn’t completely crap the bed this week.
Giannisland34
Sophomore

Post#569 » by Giannisland34 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:05 pm

MVP2110 wrote:Rewatching the All 22 and through 3 games the biggest thing that has stuck out to me, MLF is a great playcaller and play designer. I'm speaking anecdotally here obviously but it feels like the creativity has gone up another level this year. I already thought he was a great play caller but man some of the stuff he's drawing up this year is wild.

This is still yes and no for me. Yes, some good play designs and others that look good on paper and can’t get e performed on the field as they are drawn up. Heard Mike Wahle on a pod last week bring this up.
1st half of the Bears game and not running Jones more and the whole 4th quarter of the Falcons game were both terrible as far as play calling.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#570 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:08 pm

I haven't seen the PFF scores but I felt like Nueman and Walker held up pretty well filling in for Back and Jenkins yesterday. Hope they can keep that up.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#571 » by MVP2110 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:11 pm

Giannisland34 wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:Rewatching the All 22 and through 3 games the biggest thing that has stuck out to me, MLF is a great playcaller and play designer. I'm speaking anecdotally here obviously but it feels like the creativity has gone up another level this year. I already thought he was a great play caller but man some of the stuff he's drawing up this year is wild.

This is still yes and no for me. Yes, some good play designs and others that look good on paper and can’t get e performed on the field as they are drawn up. Heard Mike Wahle on a pod last week bring this up.
1st half of the Bears game and not running Jones more and the whole 4th quarter of the Falcons game were both terrible as far as play calling.

I get the Jones thing. Both the McCarthy staff & MLF staff have felt that Jones can't be used as a true workhorse so MLF during his tenure has basically given Jones the 2nd quarter off as a way to keep him fresh. I have no idea if he could be used as a workhorse or not but it's something the staff(likely with the help of the medical team) have determined. There are other issues to be had for MLF for sure like not calling a TO in the 4th yesterday and letting 40 seconds run down. But as far as purely play calling goes I think he's been absolutely excellent this year. It hasn't always shown up with results but when I go back and re-watch the all 22 of these games and actually see what MLF is trying to do its insane in the best way. I'm not sure if it's Rodgers being gone or him just learning from the past but his creativity through the first 3 games is out of this world. I've always thought he ran a good scheme in general but he's been absolutely awesome so far imo
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#572 » by MVP2110 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:12 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:I haven't seen the PFF scores but I felt like Nueman and Walker held up pretty well filling in for Back and Jenkins yesterday. Hope they can keep that up.

Walker graded out really well. Newman on the other hand not so much(I believe he allowed 4 pressures and had a bad run blocking game as well)
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,177

Post#573 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:19 pm

All I'm thinking about the O-line is that Sean Rhyan must be pretty bad if he still can't crack the rotation. Not sure what the point of keeping him on the roster is.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,121

Post#574 » by LittleRooster » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:48 pm

Treebeard wrote:
RRyder823 wrote:Maybe it's just me but does it seem like most of Love's bad throws are when the reciever is running free n clear?

The Packer radio guys commented later in the game that when Love came out of the tunnel he seemed quite amped-up, compared to his normal steady-eddie personality. I forget which one opined that maybe his earlier misfires could have been a bit of over-excitement.

Yes, he kind of reminds me of Favre at times when he was amped at the beginning of games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Giannisland34
Sophomore

Post#575 » by Giannisland34 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 8:59 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
Giannisland34 wrote:

I get the Jones thing. Both the McCarthy staff & MLF staff have felt that Jones can't be used as a true workhorse so MLF during his tenure has basically given Jones the 2nd quarter off as a way to keep him fresh. I have no idea if he could be used as a workhorse or not but it's something the staff(likely with the help of the medical team) have determined. There are other issues to be had for MLF for sure like not calling a TO in the 4th yesterday and letting 40 seconds run down. But as far as purely play calling goes I think he's been absolutely excellent this year. It hasn't always shown up with results but when I go back and re-watch the all 22 of these games and actually see what MLF is trying to do its insane in the best way. I'm not sure if it's Rodgers being gone or him just learning from the past but his creativity through the first 3 games is out of this world. I've always thought he ran a good scheme in general but he's been absolutely awesome so far imo

I left out his in game time management with timeouts, etc. on purpose. There’s been an issue at one point every game so far this year that he’s messed up.
I get not wanting to over work Jones. But he ended up getting hurt anyway. I also think using the Jones/Dillon combination differently would help them both. First not dropping Jones for large sections of the game would keep him more engaged and loose/ stretched out. And Dillon when the defense is more tired and slowed. Parts of longer drives and late game situations. Dillon has really fallen off this year unfortunately.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#576 » by MVP2110 » Mon Sep 25, 2023 9:07 pm

Giannisland34 wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
Giannisland34 wrote:

I left out his in game time management with timeouts, etc. on purpose. There’s been an issue at one point every game so far this year that he’s messed up.
I get not wanting to over work Jones. But he ended up getting hurt anyway. I also think using the Jones/Dillon combination differently would help them both. First not dropping Jones for large sections of the game would keep him more engaged and loose/ stretched out. And Dillon when the defense is more tired and slowed. Parts of longer drives and late game situations. Dillon has really fallen off this year unfortunately.

Sure. MLF has flaws in other areas, no disagreement at all there. I was purely talking about his play calling & play design and imo it has been superb.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#577 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:04 pm

Play calling is like pitcher usage or NBA substitution patterns where you can always find some specific examples you disagree with but you should really judge on the full body of work. Especially since some of these decisions are made with information we're not privy to. Like a play call in the first quarter could be to set up something later on.

But yeah if we could get a few less slow developing outside runs where lineman have to make super challenging reach block for it to work Id be happy.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,177

Post#578 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:18 pm

Don't even know how we're still debating MLF's offensive scheming mastery anymore. We don't have updated DVOA rankings yet, but having this current roster, with all the injuries and inexperience, as a Top-10 scoring offense in football is some borderline miracle work. For my money he's still got some issues as a situational coach (time management and the occasional 3rd/4th down brain fart), but c'mon, doing all this without MVP Rodgers was the last question mark you could have possibly held against him. Him and Kyle Shanahan are basically in a league of their own at this point.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,133

Post#579 » by MickeyDavis » Mon Sep 25, 2023 10:37 pm

CWoodfan not around to tell us how the team/coach/GM is ass. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
LittleRooster
General Manager
And1: 3,121

Post#580 » by LittleRooster » Mon Sep 25, 2023 11:12 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Don't even know how we're still debating MLF's offensive scheming mastery anymore. We don't have updated DVOA rankings yet, but having this current roster, with all the injuries and inexperience, as a Top-10 scoring offense in football is some borderline miracle work. For my money he's still got some issues as a situational coach (time management and the occasional 3rd/4th down brain fart), but c'mon, doing all this without MVP Rodgers was the last question mark you could have possibly held against him. Him and Kyle Shanahan are basically in a league of their own at this point.

Mike McDaniel has possibly passed them both but they’re all very, very good play callers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to Green Bay Packers