ImageImage

2024 NFL Draft - five picks in the first three rounds (seven in four! [probably])

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,131

Re: 2024 NFL Draft - Two second round picks 

Post#81 » by Matches Malone » Mon Oct 16, 2023 3:30 pm

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,040

Post#82 » by BUCKnation » Mon Oct 16, 2023 4:34 pm

Feels like Bowers has been at Georgia for 6 years
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,301

Post#83 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Oct 16, 2023 8:54 pm

stillgotgame wrote:
Profound23 wrote:
stillgotgame wrote:
Caleb with a bad offensive line = Love with a bad offensive line.
He looked completely lost under pressure last night, just chucking the ball into double coverage. He was that way the first half against Arizona last week also.
Caleb is a product of his system. Lincoln Riley is a college offensive guru. Teams are figuring them out though.

Great, so (if you are lucky enough to be in that situation) you draft Caleb and trade Love for a 2nd or 3rd, then draft oline and you get to have your QB on a rookie deal for four years so you can sign top free agents without stressing about the cap.

Also, that was one game. I have watched every USC game this year and even when Caleb has pressure on him he gets off great passes.

Except it wasn’t one game. He stunk against Arizona in the first half. Neither Arizona nor Notre Dame are elite defenses either.
He’s a product of his system.

Truly insane take.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,188

Post#84 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:02 pm

I think you can take a perfectly legitimate point (even the best QB's can look terrible if your line sucks) without calling one of the best QB prospects of the last decade a "system" guy lol. Sorry, dude's in a different stratosphere of talent than guys like Jalen Hurts or Brock Purdy.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#85 » by Profound23 » Mon Oct 16, 2023 9:37 pm

BUCKnation wrote:Feels like Bowers has been at Georgia for 6 years

I feel like because of his injuries over the past two years, Bowers will fall further down the board than he should and we will have a chance to draft him.

I also feel like we will ignore him completely because we drafted two TEs in this draft and will pass up a generational talent just because we have two guys. Really hope I am wrong.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#86 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:08 pm

Rodgers/Mahomes level ****.
RubberSoul
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,879

Post#87 » by RubberSoul » Mon Oct 16, 2023 11:38 pm

This cannot end up in Chicago. I have no idea how they are going to do it but the panthers have to get 4 wins somehow someway. At least they won’t be tanking I guess.

What a **** trade it really sets the bears up to run the north for a decade if they play it right. I’d trade fields right now for whatever I could get and embrace the tank. Obviously the injury changes things which is why they should have dealt him immediately after he had back to back good games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Giannisland34
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#88 » by Giannisland34 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:12 am

With the youngest team and most likely to get even younger next year. Which players have developed under MLF? Gary, Jaire, & Douglas. Which to me seem more from personal drive and talent, plus (Douglas) opportunity. And those are all defenders. Not MLF’s side of the ball. Love? He didn’t seem like he was developing until Clements came back. (thank you Aaron)
Who else? Wyatt, Quay, Tom, Doubs are debatable. That’s how many players, from how many 53 man rosters and practice squads? Doesn’t seem like a good ratio at all. And the ones that are/did it was mostly from the talent they arrived with and their own drive for greatness. Not coaches development.
So is MLF a good coach for this team and going into the future of more draft and develop. Doesn’t seem so.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,135

Post#89 » by MVP2110 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:01 pm

Giannisland34 wrote:With the youngest team and most likely to get even younger next year. Which players have developed under MLF? Gary, Jaire, & Douglas. Which to me seem more from personal drive and talent, plus (Douglas) opportunity. And those are all defenders. Not MLF’s side of the ball. Love? He didn’t seem like he was developing until Clements came back. (thank you Aaron)
Who else? Wyatt, Quay, Tom, Doubs are debatable. That’s how many players, from how many 53 man rosters and practice squads? Doesn’t seem like a good ratio at all. And the ones that are/did it was mostly from the talent they arrived with and their own drive for greatness. Not coaches development.
So is MLF a good coach for this team and going into the future of more draft and develop. Doesn’t seem so.

-Lazard went from a UDFA to a starting WR
-Jenkins developed into one of the better starting Guards
-MVS went from a day 3 pick to a starting WR
-JRJ went from a day 3 pick to a starting G
-Tom went from a day 3 pick to a starting T
-Jury is probably still out on Watson & Doubs but both look like they have a real chance to be starting quality WRs in the NFL

Also I'm not sure we can make a determination on Love, but to say he wasn't developing until Clements came back is weird, we always knew Love was a long term project so it makes alot of sense he'd look like he'd taken big steps in year 3 as opposed to his first 2 years.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Giannisland34
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#90 » by Giannisland34 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:28 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
Giannisland34 wrote:With the youngest team and most likely to get even younger next year. Which players have developed under MLF? Gary, Jaire, & Douglas. Which to me seem more from personal drive and talent, plus (Douglas) opportunity. And those are all defenders. Not MLF’s side of the ball. Love? He didn’t seem like he was developing until Clements came back. (thank you Aaron)

-Jury is probably still out on Watson & Doubs but both look like they have a real chance to be starting quality WRs in the NFL

Also I'm not sure we can make a determination on Love, but to say he wasn't developing until Clements came back is weird, we always knew Love was a long term project so it makes alot of sense he'd look like he'd taken big steps in year 3 as opposed to his first 2 years.

Ok. Great. But how many players and draft picks has MLF and Co. had a chance to develop? And even with the players you listed it’s still not a great ratio. And few of the ones you listed are debatable as well. Like MVS developed more once he left. He was a drop machine in GB.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,135

Post#91 » by MVP2110 » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:32 pm

Giannisland34 wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

Ok. Great. But how many players and draft picks has MLF and Co. had a chance to develop? And even with the players you listed it’s still not a great ratio. And few of the ones you listed are debatable as well. Like MVS developed more once he left. He was a drop machine in GB.

Honestly considering most of their offensive picks have been day 2 or 3 picks it seems like a fine ratio. He hasn't been given crazy talented guys to develop. Who has he failed to develop? Dillon, Amari, & Myers are the only 3 that really come to mind and even Myers & Dillon haven't been total busts.

Also MVS has been basically just as good in KC as he was in GB.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,188

Post#92 » by Ron Swanson » Tue Oct 17, 2023 1:35 pm

MVS had the exact same number of drops (5) last season as he did in his rookie year here. Absolutely wild to me how people think he was some sort of disappointment with us. He was a 5th round pick who for a good 2-3 year stretch was one of the best deep threats in the league.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,131

Post#93 » by Matches Malone » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:57 am

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,977

Post#94 » by stillgotgame » Wed Oct 18, 2023 1:04 am

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

This guy is a clown.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#95 » by ReasonablySober » Wed Oct 18, 2023 2:44 am

JFC that report is three months old. Dov Kleiman is the absolute worst.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#96 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:18 pm

Hell of a day so far for the tankers. One win teams Chicago, NY, and New England all win.

I'll be pretty surprised if the Packers lose today in Denver, but clearly stranger things have happened.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#97 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Oct 22, 2023 11:33 pm

.5 game back of the #3 spot :nod:
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,782

Post#98 » by ReginaldDwight » Mon Oct 23, 2023 11:15 pm

Im not sure how anyone can be totally sold on Caleb Williams. He has some glaring red flags.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#99 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:50 am

ReginaldDwight wrote:Im not sure how anyone can be totally sold on Caleb Williams. He has some glaring red flags.

He definitely hasn't looked great the last three weeks. He's playing with a garbage team, though.
raysbookclub
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,186

Post#100 » by raysbookclub » Tue Oct 24, 2023 1:04 am

Man, the Panthers. They have must-win games against Bears, Packers, Titans for everyone who doesn’t want the Bears to get the first pick. Amazing though to give up potentially the first pick of the draft with a generational QB…

Return to Green Bay Packers