Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Re: Game 9: Packers at Lions - 11/6/22 - Noon - Fox 

Post#421 » by HKPackFan » Mon Nov 7, 2022 10:23 am

Glad to see others joining the tank.

Needs to be burned down and rebuilt.

No one on management or player is safe...

My only fear is they use injuries as an excuse.

This thing was going to implode way before injures could be used as an excuse.

I spent the first 20+ years of my life watching awful Packers football, this thing is going straight to that direction. I'm not interested in reliving the 80s.

Garbage football.

They need to wake up and realize they suck.
#FreeChuckDiesel
JimmyTheKid
General Manager
And1: 5,185

Post#422 » by JimmyTheKid » Mon Nov 7, 2022 2:13 pm

Treebeard wrote:I like Dillon more than many here do, but he's a North-South runner, and he hasn't been able to bust through the center of the line this year. Jones has the speed and elusiveness to go off tackle, or outside.

1st and Goal from the 2 and we run four plays without our most dangerous offensive weapon on the field. Out of the countless head-scratching issues with this offense, LaFleur's insistence that Aaron Jones and AJ Dillon are "1A and 1B," despite the huge and obvious gap in talent, is easily the most annoying. Its bordering on malpractice.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,344

Post#423 » by Mags FTW » Mon Nov 7, 2022 3:09 pm

Jones should only leave the field when he needs a rest. When Dillon goes in, Jones should be split wide or in the backfield with him.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#424 » by MoMM » Mon Nov 7, 2022 3:38 pm

I am starting to wonder if even Kylin wouldn't be better than AJ...
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#425 » by HKPackFan » Mon Nov 7, 2022 3:44 pm

Bakh catching a ball in traffic though. I mean that was something...

There's being innovative and then there's. Idk what u call that.
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,263

Post#426 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Nov 7, 2022 3:55 pm

HKPackFan wrote:Bakh catching a ball in traffic though. I mean that was something...

Wide open. There wasn't a person around him.
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#427 » by HKPackFan » Mon Nov 7, 2022 4:17 pm

ReasonablySober wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:Bakh catching a ball in traffic though. I mean that was something...

You trust his hands and him and Rodgers being in the same page on a throw like that vs a play with Jones?
#FreeChuckDiesel
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#428 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Nov 7, 2022 4:32 pm

HKPackFan wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

You trust his hands and him and Rodgers being in the same page on a throw like that vs a play with Jones?

I assume they practiced it at some point, and catching a ball my five year old niece could grab isn't a tall ask for Bahk. Rodgers just had to give it to him and he couldn't.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,203

Post#429 » by RRyder823 » Mon Nov 7, 2022 4:43 pm

HKPackFan wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

I'm not sure what your point is. We've all seen plays where the olineman playing as a designates WR leaks out and is wide open for the TD..... and the olineman catch because well they're wide open

The play call worked to perfection outside Rodgers making one of the worst throws you'll every see

Sent from my SM-G975U using RealGM mobile app
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#430 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Nov 7, 2022 4:44 pm

Oof that's probably a TD

Read on Twitter
?t=0WK7CQhy88ynlUPiPEEb_w&s=19

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#431 » by ReasonablySober » Mon Nov 7, 2022 4:50 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:Oof that's probably a TD

Read on Twitter
?t=0WK7CQhy88ynlUPiPEEb_w&s=19

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

He had at least another one where two guys were streaking wide open down the middle of the field and Rodgers somehow missed them despite dancing around the pocket for a few seconds.
BUCKnation
RealGM
And1: 3,011

Post#432 » by BUCKnation » Mon Nov 7, 2022 4:53 pm

I thought it might have been a case of limiting his picks, but then he wasn't afraid to throw it on way tighter windows
Iheartfootball
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,179

Post#433 » by Iheartfootball » Mon Nov 7, 2022 7:35 pm

:lol: :banghead:

Read on Twitter
HKPackFan
RealGM

Post#434 » by HKPackFan » Tue Nov 8, 2022 4:29 am

RRyder823 wrote:
HKPackFan wrote:
ReasonablySober wrote:

I'm not sure what your point is. We've all seen plays where the olineman playing as a designates WR leaks out and is wide open for the TD..... and the olineman catch because well they're wide open

The play call worked to perfection outside Rodgers making one of the worst throws you'll every see

I get it I see what your seeing. My only point is when the offense is so **** for so long and so out of wack. On a crucial scoring play next to the goal line go back to your strengths on a reliable play/put the ball in your best player's hands and that's not Rodgers to Bakh.
#FreeChuckDiesel
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,875

Post#435 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 7:53 am

Guys, Rodgers isn't the only QB in the league who misses open receivers now and again.

The level this dude gets nitpicked is beyond hilarious.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,098

Post#436 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Nov 8, 2022 12:31 pm

It seems to be pretty easy to spot open receivers on a computer screen video with a high camera angle. Who knew?
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,434

Post#437 » by trwi7 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 12:53 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:Guys, Rodgers isn't the only QB in the league who misses open receivers now and again.

It's not just "now and again" this year and at $50 million you expect him to be able to see open receivers.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#438 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 4:53 pm

trwi7 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:Guys, Rodgers isn't the only QB in the league who misses open receivers now and again.

It's not just "now and again" this year and at $50 million you expect him to be able to see open receivers.

The last 2 years he was phenomenal, on his way to win 2 MVPs. And even then people would point out every time he'd miss somebody.

I've honestly never seen a fanbase nitpick and bash their own player like Packer fans do Rodgers. Oh, he shakes his head after a play. Oh he yelled at his WR. Guess what, all great QBs do. Brady and Manning were always blowing up at players. Can he be a cock every now and then? Sure. Most greats were. Look at Jordan and Kobe.

If he is pissed/bitter, I think he has every reason to be. Especially with the whole Love situation. The current regime was literally trying to push him out...before he went on to win 2 MVPs. What a slap in the face. And then having to play out his final year(s) with one of the worst WR/TE groups a team has ever assembled.

Rodgers has never been in any kind of trouble with the law. Never been busted for PEDs etc. He's nothing like Favre. Now THAT'S A d-bag. His whole career he's said he wants to play in GB his whole career. He's the best QB this franchise has ever seen, period. And yet spoiled **** brat Packer fans have turned on him like I've never seen a fanbase turn on a player before. A Hall of Fame one at that.

The whole vax thing really pissed a lot of people off, apparently.
RRyder823
General Manager
And1: 4,203

Post#439 » by RRyder823 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 5:44 pm

VooDoo7 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

The last 2 years he was phenomenal, on his way to win 2 MVPs. And even then people would point out every time he'd miss somebody.

I've honestly never seen a fanbase nitpick and bash their own player like Packer fans do Rodgers. Oh, he shakes his head after a play. Oh he yelled at his WR. Guess what, all great QBs do. Brady and Manning were always blowing up at players. Can he be a cock every now and then? Sure. Most greats were. Look at Jordan and Kobe.

If he is pissed/bitter, I think he has every reason to be. Especially with the whole Love situation. The current regime was literally trying to push him out...before he went on to win 2 MVPs. What a slap in the face. And then having to play out his final year(s) with one of the worst WR/TE groups a team has ever assembled.

Rodgers has never been in any kind of trouble with the law. Never been busted for PEDs etc. He's nothing like Favre. Now THAT'S A d-bag. His whole career he's said he wants to play in GB his whole career. He's the best QB this franchise has ever seen, period. And yet spoiled **** brat Packer fans have turned on him like I've never seen a fanbase turn on a player before. A Hall of Fame one at that.

Must be that.

But to offer a counter argument it could be the changing of plays in the huddle, wanting to be the gm, forced a trade for his buddy to come play WR, not wanting to play within the hc's scheme that had rejuvenated his career before he decided enough is enough and then throwing a tamptrum trying to force a trade the day of the draft till he got all of thee above along with a new horrid contract and then going on to throw everyone else under the buss when his play doesn't meet expectations

But I know. I know. It's all justified because he has to play with the worst WR/TE group in the league (very possibly true I'd agree) even though he knew what the WR/TE core was going to look like since he knew Adams wasn't comming back before he signed his new contract so obviously he didn't feel the need to get in any extra work with them

But yeah must of been the Vax thing that's causing backlash

Side Note: EVERY QB gets it pointed out when they miss a wide open player or gets caught on the sideline losing his **** or sulking. It's the nature of the position

Brady is constantly being talked about for his sideline outbursts and when Maholmes misses a streaking Kelce down the middle its the 1st thing shown on replay and if it costs a game you best believe it would be brought up later as well (but theyre still winning so it doesnt get mentioned). Acting like everyone else gets a pass and it's just Packer fans nitpicking on Rodgers while other QBs get a pass is a defense tactic that simply doesn't hold up to any level of scrutiny

VooDoo7
RealGM

Post#440 » by VooDoo7 » Tue Nov 8, 2022 6:13 pm

RRyder823 wrote:
VooDoo7 wrote:
trwi7 wrote:

Must be that.

But to offer a counter argument it could be the changing of plays in the huddle, wanting to be the gm, forced a trade for his buddy to come play WR, not wanting to play within the hc's scheme that had rejuvenated his career before he decided enough is enough and then throwing a tamptrum trying to force a trade the day of the draft till he got all of thee above along with a new horrid contract and then going on to throw everyone else under the buss when his play doesn't meet expectations

But I know. I know. It's all justified because he has to play with the worst WR/TE group in the league (very possibly true I'd agree) even though he knew what the WR/TE core was going to look like since he knew Adams wasn't comming back before he signed his new contract so obviously he didn't feel the need to get in any extra work with them

But yeah must of been the Vax thing that's causing backlash

Side Note: EVERY QB gets it pointed out when they miss a wide open player or gets caught on the sideline losing his **** or sulking. It's the nature of the position

Brady is constantly being talked about for his sideline outbursts and when Maholmes misses a streaking Kelce down the middle its the 1st thing shown on replay and if it costs a game you best believe it would be brought up later as well (but theyre still winning so it doesnt get mentioned). Acting like everyone else gets a pass and it's just Packer fans nitpicking on Rodgers while other QBs get a pass is a defense tactic that simply doesn't hold up to any level of scrutiny

The vax thing is definitely part if it for a lot of people. Don't fool yourself. The hate towards him started before any of the other stuff you mentioned.

And you say he wants to be GM? The team has never cared about Rodgers' opinion when it comes to personnel (like other teams do with their franchise QB). How many times has he praised a WR only to have the team cut them? Or firing his QB coach, without even talking to him about it beforehand. Oh great, they traded for Cobb last year. And lets not talk about the draft/free agency/trade and lack of effort put in to help him out over the years. So save the GM talk.

The team was literally trying to force him out. They drafted his replacement in the 1st round. Then he shoved 2 MVP seasons up their ass and MADE them want him back. He had EVERY reason to be pissed and consider a trade. I would too.

As far as changing plays in the huddle, most QBs do that. Do you know which plays he changes and which ones he doesn't? No. And who is he "throwing under the bus" exactly? He never mentions any names. He said people need to play better. He'll get pissed when a WR runs the wrong route. But as was said, Brady, Manning etc do too.

The hate is so over the top.

Return to Green Bay Packers