ImageImage

Vikings Leadup

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,901

Re: Vikings Leadup 

Post#21 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 1:11 pm

Mags FTW wrote:Vikings can't be the 4 seed. That's going to be the winner of the South.

Oh right. God that's a stupid rule. TB already has an insanely easy schedule by virtue of playing in such a weak division, and they're rewarded for achieving a losing record (probably) against said schedule by getting a higher seed and a home game against a 13-4 Dallas (or maybe Philly), who both played in a division without a single losing record (unless Washington loses two more).

ETA: So Dallas is locked into the #5 seed as soon as Philly clinches the East. Unless Cleveland can upset @Washington, really gotta hope Dallas wins and Philly loses this week.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
MoMM
RealGM
And1: 1,715

Post#22 » by MoMM » Mon Dec 26, 2022 2:21 pm

What if we lose this game, should we play Love in the final match?
UWM_Brew_Buck
Analyst
And1: 883

Post#23 » by UWM_Brew_Buck » Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:05 pm

the_urre14 wrote:It blows my mind to read people saying that they would rather have a high draft pick next year that going out in the Wild Card. Packers fans have been really spoiled for the last 30 years, to the point that making the playoffs isn´t even a thing. We should have memory. This same franchise went from 1968 to 1992 making the playoffs twice in 25 years. We have seen other teams also blow it up and be terrible for big streatches, picking high in the draft year after year and being still sterrible. I´m just greatful that after a really bad season, we are still playing for something for the last two weeks. Also it amazes me how, after a good drive in a finished game, you read some people saying that we would be better playing with Jordan Love than with Aaron Rodgers. I could take it if it came from sources inside the building watching both of them in training every game, but what probe or facts does any random fan have to state that? Don´t take A-Rod from granted, he might not be at the top of his powers, but he is still better that most of the QBs in the league.

Love is a wildcard but Rodgers has not looked good this year. I hope he and the offense can still figure it out and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they can flip a switch. Wouldn’t be surprised is Love looked better, the bar is quite low imo.
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,434

Post#24 » by trwi7 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 3:15 pm

the_urre14 wrote:IThis same franchise went from 1968 to 1992 making the playoffs twice in 25 years.

Most of our favorite baseball team went 26 years without making the playoffs once, so this is a ton of success based on that standard.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
the_urre14
Ballboy
And1: 37

Post#25 » by the_urre14 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 5:24 pm

UWM_Brew_Buck wrote:
the_urre14 wrote:It blows my mind to read people saying that they would rather have a high draft pick next year that going out in the Wild Card. Packers fans have been really spoiled for the last 30 years, to the point that making the playoffs isn´t even a thing. We should have memory. This same franchise went from 1968 to 1992 making the playoffs twice in 25 years. We have seen other teams also blow it up and be terrible for big streatches, picking high in the draft year after year and being still sterrible. I´m just greatful that after a really bad season, we are still playing for something for the last two weeks. Also it amazes me how, after a good drive in a finished game, you read some people saying that we would be better playing with Jordan Love than with Aaron Rodgers. I could take it if it came from sources inside the building watching both of them in training every game, but what probe or facts does any random fan have to state that? Don´t take A-Rod from granted, he might not be at the top of his powers, but he is still better that most of the QBs in the league.

Love is a wildcard but Rodgers has not looked good this year. I hope he and the offense can still figure it out and I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they can flip a switch. Wouldn’t be surprised is Love looked better, the bar is quite low imo.

This is probably the worst year in his career and he still is 24 TDs 11 INTs 65% completion and 91.3 Rating. Take that with the factors of injuries, one of the worst receiver corps in the league and an offensive line that has had to change every week almost and that couldn´t protect in the beginning of the season and he still produced this numbers. Obviously agree that by his standard he has made too many mistakes, but he still makes throws that just a couple of guys in the league could make.
Read on Twitter
JayMKE
RealGM
And1: 14,702

Post#26 » by JayMKE » Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:03 pm

I think the writing has been on the wall for years with the Love pick, its something that should get Gute fired but I digress.

**** the Vikings
FREE GIANNIS
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#27 » by Flames24Rulz » Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:06 pm

the_urre14 wrote:
UWM_Brew_Buck wrote:

This is probably the worst year in his career and he still is 24 TDs 11 INTs 65% completion and 91.3 Rating. Take that with the factors of injuries, one of the worst receiver corps in the league and an offensive line that has had to change every week almost and that couldn´t protect in the beginning of the season and he still produced this numbers. Obviously agree that by his standard he has made too many mistakes, but he still makes throws that just a couple of guys in the league could make.
Read on Twitter

He's looked exactly like his 2018 form, in the case where he can still make phenomenal plays like the Lewis & Lazard throws yesterday. But then he can't hit simple checkdowns, or he overthrows Watson for a should-be TD. I remember quite a few occasions in 2018 where he overthrew MVS on deep plays too, and obviously his accuracy on short passes was off quite a bit that year too. I think his great play is still in there, he just needs to find a way to manage to do it on a consistent basis all game long.
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#28 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:31 pm

the_urre14 wrote:
UWM_Brew_Buck wrote:

A 91.3 passer rating is mediocre at best these days, but even that doesn't take into account all the stupid sacks he's taken. QBR accounts for running and sacks, and he's in the bottom 22% there. Yes, the protection was bad early in the season, but he has still taken way more sacks than he needed to because he holds the ball way too long. Even his own best friend on the team has complained about how long he holds on to the ball. He'd rather take a sack than hurt his passing stats. He also is too slow to avoid pressure most of the time, which makes the blocking look worse than it really is.

I disagree that they're the worst WR corps in the league. Watson has played at a Pro Bowl level for 6 weeks now, Tonyan gets open and catches the ball, ditto Cobb who has been unexpectedly good, Dillon is a good receiver out of the backfield, Jones is a very good one, Doubs has been pretty good, and Lazard has been a rock-solid #3 caliber WR at worst. The injuries to Watson and Doubs are the only valid excuse. As far as chemistry goes, needless to say you can count me among those who still blame Rodgers for missing mini-camps to build some rapport with the new receivers.

The thumb might be the best excuse, but all the other ones are pretty normal NFL stuff. They paid him $50m to play like an MVP, not like a bottom 10 starting QB, but they soon found out that his "supporting cast" were actually the ones carrying him to MVP numbers the last two years.
the_urre14
Ballboy
And1: 37

Post#29 » by the_urre14 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 8:49 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
the_urre14 wrote:
UWM_Brew_Buck wrote:

A 91.3 passer rating is mediocre at best these days, but even that doesn't take into account all the stupid sacks he's taken. QBR accounts for running and sacks, and he's in the bottom 22% there. Yes, the protection was bad early in the season, but he has still taken way more sacks than he needed to because he holds the ball way too long. Even his own best friend on the team has complained about how long he holds on to the ball. He'd rather take a sack than hurt his passing stats. He also is too slow to avoid pressure most of the time, which makes the blocking look worse than it really is.

I disagree that they're the worst WR corps in the league. Watson has played at a Pro Bowl level for 6 weeks now, Tonyan gets open and catches the ball, ditto Cobb who has been unexpectedly good, Dillon is a good receiver out of the backfield, Jones is a very good one, Doubs has been pretty good, and Lazard has been a rock-solid #3 caliber WR at worst. The injuries to Watson and Doubs are the only valid excuse. As far as chemistry goes, needless to say you can count me among those who still blame Rodgers for missing mini-camps to build some rapport with the new receivers.

The thumb might be the best excuse, but all the other ones are pretty normal NFL stuff. They paid him $50m to play like an MVP, not like a bottom 10 starting QB, but they soon found out that his "supporting cast" were actually the ones carrying him to MVP numbers the last two years.

He holds the ball too much because receivers can´t get separation most of the times, one of the reasons we don´t score a TD in trips to the Red Zone many times. To say that a QB is willing to receive sacks is a statement I don´t even need to answer. So when years ago he supposedly got rid of the ball not to throw a pick, he didn´t care about passing stats like completion %? In fact, I would say that this year he has thrown more interceptions than ever because he has had to force the passes because, like I said, receivers can´t get separation many times. Watson has been great for the last 6 weeks. What about the first 10? There has been times this year that Watkins was the best receiver available. The most consistent one has been Cobb who, by the way, if it wasn´t for Rodgers he wouldn´t be in Green Bay as he pushed for a trade that most people critisized when happened.
Dennis Reynolds
Lead Assistant
And1: 12,129

Post#30 » by Dennis Reynolds » Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:11 pm

Was just about to ask are there any injury updates but then I ran into this

Read on Twitter
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,234

Post#31 » by PintSizedBox10 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:21 pm

Pretty insane to say Rodgers has played like a bottom 10 QB and then gloss over the shortcomings and injuries of the OL and pass catchers as if a good offense doesn't require good play from multiple players?? GB has exactly one player in the top 50 in yards after the catch (Jones @ 22). Our two best receivers have missed time and have rarely played together before yesterday. But don't worry, we have Tonyan who "Gets open and catches the ball" :lol:
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,510

Post#32 » by HKPackFan » Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:20 pm

I hope we beat the vikings. At this point I'm rooting for the wild card run like it's my teen years rooting majik man at qb and we have an improbable run.

My gut tells me this is the moment as an old time bucks fan we fall on our face and lose the "8th seed and have middling draft order". But I guess picking 15-20th is better than usual.
#FreeChuckDiesel
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#33 » by coolhandluke121 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 10:42 pm

PintSizedBox10 wrote:Pretty insane to say Rodgers has played like a bottom 10 QB and then gloss over the shortcomings and injuries of the OL and pass catchers as if a good offense doesn't require good play from multiple players?? GB has exactly one player in the top 50 in yards after the catch (Jones @ 22). Our two best receivers have missed time and have rarely played together before yesterday. But don't worry, we have Tonyan who "Gets open and catches the ball" :lol:

Pretty insane to act like Rodgers hasn't continued to play mediocre as hell while all those parts around him have played much, much better. :lol:
dinderdan
Junior
And1: 29

Post#34 » by dinderdan » Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:03 pm

Hopefully Watson is good to go.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,782

Post#35 » by ReginaldDwight » Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:47 pm

dinderdan wrote:Hopefully Nixon is good to go.

fixed that for ya
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach

Post#36 » by PintSizedBox10 » Mon Dec 26, 2022 11:48 pm

coolhandluke121 wrote:
PintSizedBox10 wrote:Pretty insane to say Rodgers has played like a bottom 10 QB and then gloss over the shortcomings and injuries of the OL and pass catchers as if a good offense doesn't require good play from multiple players?? GB has exactly one player in the top 50 in yards after the catch (Jones @ 22). Our two best receivers have missed time and have rarely played together before yesterday. But don't worry, we have Tonyan who "Gets open and catches the ball" :lol:

Pretty insane to act like Rodgers hasn't continued to play mediocre as hell while all those parts around him have played much, much better. :lol:

Bottom 10 is a lot different than mediocre. I'd also love to hear which offensive players have played much, much better as of late in your opinion.
coolhandluke121
RealGM

Post#37 » by coolhandluke121 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 12:19 am

PintSizedBox10 wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:

Bottom 10 is a lot different than mediocre. I'd also love to hear which offensive players have played much, much better as of late in your opinion.

Mediocre is pretty ambiguous/broad and can include the high end of the bottom 10. And I'm not saying particular players have played better, I'm saying as units they've been better - e.g., by Jenkins returning to form, Watson returning from injury emerging as an absolutely deadly weapon, Zach Tom emerging as a really solid LT and an upgrade over the corpse of Bakhtiari, Doubs being back, etc.

And still Rodgers is playing just as poorly. His numbers are getting a little better because the rest of the offense is getting better, but he's still throwing terrible interceptions, overthrowing wide open receivers by several yards, holding the ball way too long instead of throwing it away, not seeing wide open receivers, and misfiring even on short throws. The play of the rest of the offense has helped his numbers, but he's still playing poorly.

Just because the rest of the offense was trash for the first half of the season doesn't mean his continued poor play should be excused. It's not trash anymore and yet he's still doing the same crap. Most starting QB's and probably 8-10 backups could have done at least as well as he's done under the circumstances.
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach

Post#38 » by PintSizedBox10 » Tue Dec 27, 2022 1:06 am

Spoiler:
coolhandluke121 wrote:
PintSizedBox10 wrote:
coolhandluke121 wrote:

Mediocre is pretty ambiguous/broad and can include the high end of the bottom 10. And I'm not saying particular players have played better, I'm saying as units they've been better - e.g., by Jenkins returning to form, Watson returning from injury emerging as an absolutely deadly weapon, Zach Tom emerging as a really solid LT and an upgrade over the corpse of Bakhtiari, Doubs being back, etc.

And still Rodgers is playing just as poorly. His numbers are getting a little better because the rest of the offense is getting better, but he's still throwing terrible interceptions, overthrowing wide open receivers by several yards, holding the ball way too long instead of throwing it away, not seeing wide open receivers, and misfiring even on short throws. The play of the rest of the offense has helped his numbers, but he's still playing poorly.

Just because the rest of the offense was trash for the first half of the season doesn't mean his continued poor play should be excused. It's not trash anymore and yet he's still doing the same crap. Most starting QB's and probably 8-10 backups could have done at least as well as he's done under the circumstances.

I was with you until this part. Like c'mon. The offense is ranked 7th in DVOA over the past 5 weeks and you're telling me every QB and 8-10 backups would have led GB to this same success? Sorry, but that's just crazy talk.
ReginaldDwight
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,782

Post#39 » by ReginaldDwight » Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:03 am

Might make the trip to see this one in person given the potential for someone warmer temps, whats the strategy for tickets for a game like this? 2 tickets probably.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,098

Post#40 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Dec 27, 2022 2:37 am

ReginaldDwight wrote:Might make the trip to see this one in person given the potential for someone warmer temps, whats the strategy for tickets for a game like this? 2 tickets probably.

Vikings tickets are usually pretty high since it's only a 4 hour drive. And their incredibly lucky team can end our season. Forecast now for Sunday is 34 with possible rain/snow. Always cheapest to wait as long as you can. Check the usual sites, Ticketmaster, StubHub, etc
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.

Return to Green Bay Packers