ImageImage

Game 2: Packers at Falcons - Noon - Fox - Jenkins probable MCL sprain

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis, humanrefutation

LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,638

Re: Game 2: Packers at Falcons - Noon - Fox 

Post#441 » by LikeABosh » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:22 pm

PintSizedBox10 wrote:We obviously need more first rounders on defense.

Can we use one for the coaching position
ReddoverKobe
Head Coach
And1: 6,940

Post#442 » by ReddoverKobe » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:22 pm

Honestly not upset. IN the game without the best two lineman, top WR and RB and Van Ness went out. Clean it up a bit and get rid of Dillion lol
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,121

Post#443 » by MVP2110 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:23 pm

Honestly I thought the coaching was fine. MLF getting the offense to put up 24 points without his best 4 players is pretty impressive stuff imo. Obviously the late game offense sucked but for the most part I thought the offense overperformed. Unfortunately defense performed exactly how I thought they would and I don't think that's entirely on Barry. Barry was taking Nixon off and bringing another big guy on so he was clearly playing to try and stop the run, we just don't have run stoppers on this defense outside of Slaton. Drafting Wooden & Brooks are perfect example, both are decent pass rushers but bad at stopping the rub, Gary always struggles with contain. This loss was extremely predictable as Atlanta was always a really tough matchup for us. Obviously it sucks to lose but we're a young team with some clear weaknesses so we're going to lose alot of tough games this year and that's OK.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,044

Post#444 » by Daver » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:31 pm

MVP2110 wrote:Honestly I thought the coaching was fine. MLF getting the offense to put up 24 points without his best 4 players is pretty impressive stuff imo. Obviously the late game offense sucked but for the most part I thought the offense overperformed. Unfortunately defense performed exactly how I thought they would and I don't think that's entirely on Barry. Barry was taking Nixon off and bringing another big guy on so he was clearly playing to try and stop the run, we just don't have run stoppers on this defense outside of Slaton. Drafting Wooden & Brooks are perfect example, both are decent pass rushers but bad at stopping the rub, Gary always struggles with contain. This loss was extremely predictable as Atlanta was always a really tough matchup for us. Obviously it sucks to lose but we're a young team with some clear weaknesses so we're going to lose alot of tough games this year and that's OK.

Ut is really our D gives up almost 500 yards n thats not on barry.Omfg playing 12 yards off 3rd n 5 isnt on barry he should of been curb stomped 3 years ago
PintSizedBox10
Head Coach
And1: 3,234

Post#445 » by PintSizedBox10 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:33 pm

Read on Twitter
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#446 » by MVP2110 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:36 pm

Daver wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:Honestly I thought the coaching was fine. MLF getting the offense to put up 24 points without his best 4 players is pretty impressive stuff imo. Obviously the late game offense sucked but for the most part I thought the offense overperformed. Unfortunately defense performed exactly how I thought they would and I don't think that's entirely on Barry. Barry was taking Nixon off and bringing another big guy on so he was clearly playing to try and stop the run, we just don't have run stoppers on this defense outside of Slaton. Drafting Wooden & Brooks are perfect example, both are decent pass rushers but bad at stopping the rub, Gary always struggles with contain. This loss was extremely predictable as Atlanta was always a really tough matchup for us. Obviously it sucks to lose but we're a young team with some clear weaknesses so we're going to lose alot of tough games this year and that's OK.

Ut is really our D gives up almost 500 yards n thats not on barry.Omfg playing 12 yards off 3rd n 5 isnt on barry he should of been curb stomped 3 years ago

It's easy to blame Barry, but Barry did what we all wanted him to do and took off a secondary guy to bring in an extra big guy and to try and make Ridder beat them. At some point execution matters and the Packers D Line just didn't execute. And that was super predictable. Our Dline and Edge guys are stacked with pass rushers, not run stoppers.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
trwi7
RealGM
And1: 26,434

Post#447 » by trwi7 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 9:47 pm

Jenkins got hurt on the play where Dillon fell and was marked short of the 1st and got overturned on the challenge. As he was falling he hit the side of Jenkins' knee while he was sustaining a block.
stellation wrote:What's the difference between Gery Woelful and this glass of mineral water? The mineral water actually has a source."

I Hate Manure wrote:We look to be awful next season without Beasley.
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#448 » by Daver » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:07 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
Daver wrote:

It's easy to blame Barry, but Barry did what we all wanted him to do and took off a secondary guy to bring in an extra big guy and to try and make Ridder beat them. At some point execution matters and the Packers D Line just didn't execute. And that was super predictable. Our Dline and Edge guys are stacked with pass rushers, not run stoppers.

So whose to blame for playing 13 yards off receivers whrn its 3rd n 8 or less who the fu.. does thst
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,098

Post#449 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:10 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#450 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:18 pm

Read on Twitter
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#451 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:19 pm

Read on Twitter
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#452 » by MVP2110 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:21 pm

Daver wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
Daver wrote:

So whose to blame for playing 13 yards off receivers whrn its 3rd n 8 or less who the fu.. does thst

Sure, I'm not saying Barry was perfect. But the ATL pass game wasn't great today, Ridder was 19-32 and should have thrown 3 picks. I agree about CBs playing off ball but for the most part I thought the pass d was OK and where they did struggle was mainly Jaire having one of his worst games in a long time. What I think really killed the defense was the run game and I'm just not sure how much of that particular failure can be put on Barry
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,101

Post#453 » by Matches Malone » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:22 pm

Just have to hope we can get Jones back. Without him, we have no running game. For as bad as the defense played and left a lot of opportunities on the field, I keep thinking about those 4th quarter drives, one of which you needed to run some clock and barely took a minute off.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: Game 2: Packers at Falcons - Noon - Fox - Jenkins probable MCL sprain 

Post#454 » by MickeyDavis » Sun Sep 17, 2023 10:28 pm

Quay had 17 tackles
Daver
Lead Assistant

Post#455 » by Daver » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:10 pm

MVP2110 wrote:
Daver wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:

Sure, I'm not saying Barry was perfect. But the ATL pass game wasn't great today, Ridder was 19-32 and should have thrown 3 picks. I agree about CBs playing off ball but for the most part I thought the pass d was OK and where they did struggle was mainly Jaire having one of his worst games in a long time. What I think really killed the defense was the run game and I'm just not sure how much of that particular failure can be put on Barry

I have a gard time believing that the 4 years barry has been here the psckers have pretty much suvked in run D maybe im wrong but i dont remember them being this bad under the previous dude
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,263

Post#456 » by ReasonablySober » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:20 pm

Campbell on Bijan is so unbelievably embarrassing for Barry.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#457 » by MVP2110 » Sun Sep 17, 2023 11:37 pm

Daver wrote:
MVP2110 wrote:
Daver wrote:

I have a gard time believing that the 4 years barry has been here the psckers have pretty much suvked in run D maybe im wrong but i dont remember them being this bad under the previous dude

The Packers were atrocious against the run under Pettine. I honestly think it's a top down thing, they draft pass rushers and design a scheme meant to stop the pass. They basically take all their defensive resources and put them into stopping the pass which leaves them extremely vulnerable vs the run. So even in games like today where they want to try more to stop the run they just don't have the bodies capable of doing that
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,104

Post#458 » by Ron Swanson » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:15 am

Punt Joe Barry and his potato brain into the sun. Continues to defy logic as to why he wasn’t **** canned after what we saw last season. Giving up nearly 500 yards to this Atlanta offense is embarrassing.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,304

Post#459 » by jakecronus8 » Mon Sep 18, 2023 12:30 am

4th and short in easy chip in fg range, down two, inside of 2 mins left and Atlanta goes for it. That right there shows you the respect Green Bay's D and Barry have around the league and should be enough for Lafleur to realize he aint it.
Do it for Chuck
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,759

Post#460 » by chonestown » Mon Sep 18, 2023 1:46 am

I've been saying it for awhile
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB

Return to Green Bay Packers