stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,974

Re: Game 4: Lions at Packers - 7:15 - Prime/Channel 6 in MKE 

Post#441 » by stillgotgame » Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:47 pm

Kerb Hohl wrote:
stillgotgame wrote:
rayallenscalves wrote:
A young QB needs a good running game behind him to really succeed. That has been non-existent for Love so far this year. At least Rodgers had a couple of good Ryan Grant years when he first started.

What happened to the concept of us running the ball more now that Rodgers is gone? I thought it was always his fault because he optioned to a pass play all the time.
We need to run the damn ball. Just because our line was totally outplayed doesn't excuse this fact. Put 3 tight ends in and run the ball. Get our offensive line to be aggressive instead of lying back and getting run over.

This is entirely on MLF. Team wasn't ready to play and then he panicked and threw is young QB to the wolves. Just horrible coaching.

I think it's this:
1. Trying to ease Jones back in
2. Everyone else behind him on the depth chart is terrible in NFL terms
3. The Lions have a great front 7
4. Our line is decimated

I don't think the game goes any differently last night if they pound the ball early unless Jones was able to get more touches than they seemed to be willing to give him.

All is true. Still need to run the ball. The twists the Lions defensive line used with the end coming inside and tackle rushing outside had no regard for the run at all.
No screens or trap plays to slow them down either.
Read on Twitter
?s=20
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,643

Post#442 » by Profound23 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 2:51 pm

Frank Nova wrote:Every Packer/Bucks fan needs to pen Jon Horst a nice big “you’re the man” letter and send it to him immediately. The Bucks acquiring Dame is now the only thing between the 2 franchises that matters. I’ve been saying it know forever and feel blue in the face at this point but the Packers coaching staff is disgraceful and upper management is right there with it. Everyone has been blowing Gutenkist for his recent drafts and MLF for his success as HC but when the Packers play a good team on a national stage, we look like amateurs every single time. It never fails. Starts from the top and has officially worked its way to the bottom. There’s zero hope for this franchise as a whole until the head of snake is removed. You can call me cynical all you want and tell me I’m wrong and show me nerd stats that try to prove otherwise, but at the end of the day these coaches, managers and personnel groupings aren’t winning a Super Bowl and that’s all that matters. Couldn’t get it done with a generational QB, sure as hell ain’t getting it done without one. #Bucksin6

I turned to my son at halftime and said "At least we got Dame!"
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,105

Post#443 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:09 pm

Snag a very winnable game against Vegas, then get healthy and reassess during the bye week at 3-2. Then three incredibly winnable games after that (Broncos, Rams, Vikings). Surprised at the amount of pessimism after this loss considering how well they fought back in the 2nd half, but maybe I shouldn't be.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,121

Post#444 » by MVP2110 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:12 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Snag a very winnable game against Vegas, then get healthy and reassess during the bye week at 3-2. Then three incredibly winnable games after that (Broncos, Rams, Vikings). Surprised at the amount of pessimism after this loss considering how well they fought back in the 2nd half, but maybe I shouldn't be.

I think alot of fans expected us to win 10 or 11 games this season and that was just never really that likely given how young we are. Young players make mistakes often, even the good ones.
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
LUKE23
RealGM
And1: 6,273

Post#445 » by LUKE23 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:17 pm

Ron Swanson wrote:Snag a very winnable game against Vegas, then get healthy and reassess during the bye week at 3-2. Then three incredibly winnable games after that (Broncos, Rams, Vikings). Surprised at the amount of pessimism after this loss considering how well they fought back in the 2nd half, but maybe I shouldn't be.

They were never in the game. They definitely played better the second half but that was a very low bar. It’s more how they lost to me, being physically manhandled in every aspect.
Ron Swanson
RealGM
And1: 24,105

Post#446 » by Ron Swanson » Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:22 pm

LUKE23 wrote:

They were never in the game. They definitely played better the second half but that was a very low bar. It’s more how they lost to me, being physically manhandled in every aspect.

The offensive line is a mess right now, and I doubt we're ever going to be even a mediocre run defense as long as Barry's here. That said, still a lot of positives considering that again, we're the youngest team in the league and games like this are gonna happen. Sucks that it had to be a division game, but Detroit's also really good, so idk. If we're at 3-2 before the bye week I think that's probably as good a start as most people were hoping for coming into the season.
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,098

Post#447 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:44 pm

If we're still making the same "young team" mistakes in December I'll blame coaching. In September I won't. Not that MLF hasn't made mistakes, he's admitted he has. Much as you expect/hope a player makes a jump from season 1 to season 2 I expect to see a similar, but smaller, jump between games 1-4 and 13-17.

Supposedly Walker didn't know what he did on the FG attempt was illegal. If that's true then that's on Bisaccia. Players knowing what they can and can't do on kicks is special teams 101.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,344

Post#448 » by Mags FTW » Fri Sep 29, 2023 3:58 pm

That game reminded me of the disaster in Denver when Rodgers only had 77 passing yards. Except that Denver D was one of the best of all time and won a SB.
FAH1223
RealGM
And1: 6,981

Post#449 » by FAH1223 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:03 pm

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#450 » by MVP2110 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:05 pm

FAH1223 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Michael Rodney :lol: :lol: :lol:

Last night wasn't great but hard to take that guy seriously, he's basically the Gery for the Packers
Coach Drew: "Milwaukee has always been a team that I have been intrigued by. When we played them, they were a tough team for us to play. Although we did beat them all four times"
Kerb Hohl
RealGM
And1: 4,184
Location: Hmmmm...how many 1sts would Jason Richardson cost...?

Post#451 » by Kerb Hohl » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:13 pm

There is an OL depth shortage league-wide. It sucks but they basically had to go all-in on Bakh because it's hard to find depth at this point.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,101

Post#452 » by Matches Malone » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:19 pm

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#453 » by MVP2110 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:26 pm

Matches Malone wrote:
Read on Twitter

The Lions smartly ran no huddle here so the Packers couldn't sub out. Probably should have burned a timeout though
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,098

Post#454 » by MickeyDavis » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:29 pm

Never heard of that Rodney guy
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,684

Post#455 » by WeekapaugGroove » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:33 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Never heard of that Rodney guy
His goal seems to be to replace McGinn as the crochetyiest packer media member.

Sent from my SM-F731U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#456 » by MVP2110 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:36 pm

MickeyDavis wrote:Never heard of that Rodney guy

He's a classic never wrong guy. He was crapping last year on Gutey's draft record and talking about how could he miss several good late round guys and I asked him if he'd ever been wrong about an NFL Draft pick and he literally replied back saying he'd never been wrong before lmao
Giannisland34
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#457 » by Giannisland34 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:38 pm

The bad play seems to be more coaching than the youth. Only game MLF and company wasn’t out-coached so far this year was against the Bears. Last night that group was out-classed by a division rival. Pathetic!

MLF definitely didn’t look some genius play caller or elite coach that’s for sure. He hung his young QB out to dry and didn’t change until the game was way out of hand.
VooDoo7
RealGM
And1: 20,875

Post#458 » by VooDoo7 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:41 pm

Love did look rough. His accuracy is not good. But LaF did him no favors with his play-calling to slow down that pass rush.

People complaining about LaF's play-calling better not be the same people who complained about Rodgers audibling out of his play-calls.

On a positive note, Carlson looks great after struggling during camp/pre-season.
MVP2110
Lead Assistant

Post#459 » by MVP2110 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:46 pm

Giannisland34 wrote:The bad play seems to be more coaching than the youth. Only game MLF and company wasn’t out-coached so far this year was against the Bears. Last night that group was out-classed by a division rival. Pathetic!

MLF definitely didn’t look some genius play caller or elite coach that’s for sure. He hung his young QB out to dry and didn’t change until the game was way out of hand.

Lol the idea that MLF has gotten outcoached every game is flat out wrong. Atlanta & Nola were both favored to beat us heading into those games, we lost to ATL by 1 & beat New Orleans. We have the youngest team in the NFL since the winless Clevelans Browns. Last night was definitely his worst coaching job of the season but I don't think he expected his oline to get completely ran through either which makes it basically impossible to call any play of substance.
Matches Malone
RealGM
And1: 21,101

Post#460 » by Matches Malone » Fri Sep 29, 2023 5:00 pm

Read on Twitter
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?

Return to Green Bay Packers