Meh.

Another senior bowl standout though.
Gery Woelfel wrote:Got a time big boy?
chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,742

Re: Round 6: Travis Glover OT Georgia State 

Post#3 » by chonestown » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:10 pm

Should have been introduced by Tony Shalhoub, the favorite son of Green Bay, WI.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”
-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

"Poor as a mouse every morning/Rich as a cat every night."
-DCB
ReasonablySober
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 35,191

Post#4 » by ReasonablySober » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:10 pm

STRENGTHS: Massive-framed blocker with girth throughout … plays wide and isn’t easy to get around … has long arms and uses them to lock out and keep defenders off him … tough guy to move at the point of attack, even when his pads rise … grip strength is outstanding and allows him to control the man in front of him … has some pissed-off finishes on tape, using his upper body to torque rushers into a pretzel … when he is on the ground, it’s usually because he’s burying an opponent … shows better range than expected to get out in space as a lead blocker on screens … has experience at both tackle spots and inside at guard … durable and missed only one game in college (59 total games played), starting 45 straight to begin his career.

WEAKNESSES: Feet get heavy at times, and NFL wide speed will be a tall task — especially when he doesn’t gain enough ground off the snap … urgency to protect the corner forces his legs to straighten out, pads to get high and balance to be disrupted … inconsistent with his sink … body stiffness leaves him late to react to defenders out in space … more of a pusher in the run game than a scoop-and-drive player … high pads will make it very tough for him to win leverage battle versus NFL defenders … hands often land wide and force him to try and recorrect mid-sustain … able to reach the second level, but his batting average adjusting to moving targets at the second level is inconsistent.

SUMMARY: A five-year starter at Georgia State, Glover lined up primarily at left tackle in former head coach Shawn Elliott’s balanced offense . With 57 career starts (second most in school history), he showed steady improvements over the years and played his best as a super senior. He continued that momentum with standout weeks at the Hula Bowl and Senior Bowl. A big-bodied blocker, Glover transfers his immense body force into his hands to jolt at contact, and he often goes back for seconds with his punishing mentality. Though he appears heavy at times in space, he relies on his length to reassert himself and save his feet from the quicksand. Overall, Glover isn’t an explosive athlete, and achieving leverage will be a constant battle for him, but he also isn’t a slug and looks for ways to unleash his power in all areas. Given his experience at both tackle and guard, he can provide depth at multiple spots on a team’s depth chart.

GRADE: 6th-7th Round
Reddeye
Bench Warmer
And1: 274

Post#5 » by Reddeye » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:18 pm

Read on Twitter
stillgotgame
Analyst
And1: 1,968

Post#6 » by stillgotgame » Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:37 pm

Made an impression at the Senior Bowl:

https://www.wideleft.football/p/what-the-f*ck-am-i-doing-at-the-senior

"There is of course some value in fresh eyes – untainted by the narratives of the college season or the success of the teams the prospects were on; Georgia State offensive tackle Travis Glover was a late addition to the Senior Bowl roster as an injury replacement for Jeremy Flax, from Kentucky. I would not have watched any Georgia State offensive film without knowing about Glover and I certainly wouldn’t have taken anything from the ugly-looking, though admittedly effective, offense that helped them go 3-5 in the Sun Belt.
Glover is unranked by PFF, ESPN, Drafttek and Draft Countdown. Having watched the film of Glover and his Senior Bowl reps, I think he’s a Day 2 prospect. He moves as well as any first-round tackle prospect, with the size and physicality requisite of that kind of player.
He didn’t demonstrate any capacity for a true kick-step in college, often shuffling or setting vertically. His pass-blocking carried a tendency to catch rather than initiate contact. This wasn’t a lack of physicality – he’s an incredibly physical player and a phenomenal finisher – but a technique issue. While I’m not confident that he resolved the kick-step concern, he did set much more aggressively at the Senior Bowl, to tremendous success."

Return to Green Bay Packers