ImageImage

Raiders WR Javon Walker hospitalized in Las Vegas

Moderators: MickeyDavis, paulpressey25, humanrefutation

crkone
RealGM
And1: 9,337

Raiders WR Javon Walker hospitalized in Las Vegas 

Post#1 » by crkone » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:18 pm

Oakland Raiders wide receiver Javon Walker was found unconscious on a Las Vegas street Monday after apparently being the victim of a robbery.

Police spokesman Bill Cassell said in a statement that Walker was taken to a hospital with "significant injuries" after being found early Monday on a street off the Las Vegas Strip.

Cassell said Walker remained in fair condition at Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center.

A Raiders spokesman said the team was "in the process of gathering information" and had no further comment.

Walker signed a six-year, $55 million deal with the Raiders after being released by the Denver Broncos in February.

Walker injured his right knee for the second time in his career last season and was limited to eight games and 26 catches in 2007.

Walker was a first-round draft pick by the Green Bay Packers in 2001 and had a breakout season in 2004 with 89 catches for 1,382 yards and 12 touchdowns.

He tore a ligament in his right knee the next season and played only one game.

He was traded to Denver in 2006 and bounced back with 69 catches for 1,084 yards and eight touchdowns.

I hope he gets better cause no on deserves this but holy balls this guy is on God's $hit list.

Code: Select all

o- - -  \o          __|
   o/   /|          vv`\
  /|     |              |
   |    / \_            |
  / \   |               |
 /  |                   |
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,015

Re: Raiders WR Javon Walker hospitalized in Las Vegas 

Post#2 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:12 pm

There goes the Raiders Super Bowl hopes.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,337

Post#3 » by Mags FTW » Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:15 pm

Ahhhh....I guess you can't get here from the homepage. If you do it takes you to the old forum. Anywho...

http://www.lvrj.com/news/19968159.html
At Tryst (Wynn) on Saturday: Oakland Raiders wide receiver Javon Walker, spraying the crowd with some of the 15 bottles of Dom Perignon Rose champagne he ordered. Also at the club: UFC fighter Wanderlei Silva and former NBA standout Charles Oakley. Walker later moved over to Drai's After Hours (Bill's Gamblin' Hall)

Trouble seems to find him...
MickeyDavis
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 46,015

Post#4 » by MickeyDavis » Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:22 pm

Yeah I think the top banner links aren't working correctly. Once you are in the Bucks forum you can look near the bottom right of the page, you can jump to any other forum directly. That seems to be working fine.
I'm against picketing but I don't know how to show it.
rilamann
RealGM
And1: 13,331

Post#5 » by rilamann » Tue Jun 17, 2008 9:28 pm

I never feel sorry for athletes when this sort of thing happens.They put themselves in these situations.

And no Crkone JW is not on God's **** list hes just an idiot.

Your a pro athlete in Vegas what are doing walking down the street at night? Or if he was walking to his car have some security with you (its Vegas,its the middle of the night,its not Green Bay)

You always hear these stories ''pro athlete robbed at 3am outside of night club,the theives got away with over $100,000 in jewlery athlete was wearing''.

Hell im an avg Joe and I wouldnt go to one these night clubs wearing $500 in jewlery.

Plus with JW you'd think he'd learn after one of his teammates was shot and killed right in front of him at one of these night clubs.
Giannis Antetokounmpo wrote:You're out here reffing like Marc Davis and ****
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Post#6 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Tue Jun 17, 2008 11:23 pm

Walker is a **** moron. I never agreed with how most of you just relentlessly hated him from what he did in Green Bay, and I still dont. But his actions since would validate the opinion of him being a total douche. (Side note, How nice was Darrent Williams really? I mean all these stories say this stuff, and you want to believe them. But on the other hand, wtf was he doing hanging out with douchebags like Walker and Marshall?)

There are some tragic ironies to the Javon Walker robbery story.

Walker went to Las Vegas in the days after Darrent Williams was killed in Denver on Jan. 1, 2007. Williams died in Walker's arms in a rented limousine after the two attended a New Year's Eve party in downtown Denver. Walker received a lot of criticism for going to Las Vegas and going to nightclubs instead of joining the rest of the organization in Fort Worth, Texas, at Williams' funeral.

Walker said in an HBO interview last summer that he fled Denver for Las Vegas because he was scared for his life.

In that same interview, Walker said a melee started before Williams was shot because Denver receiver Brandon Marshall and his cousin were spraying champagne at the Denver nightclubs, and it agitated gang members in attendance.

According to a report in the Las Vegas Review-Journal, Walker -- who signed with Oakland after being cut by Denver this offseason -- was spraying champagne at two Las Vegas nightclubs last weekend, including shortly before he was found unconscious.

http://myespn.go.com/blogs/hashmarks/0- ... story.html

What a complete **** moron. Your friend gets shot and dies in your arms, due to some idiotic immature actions by someone else, why the **** would you go do those same actions?

Sadly, I wouldnt be surprised if Javon doesnt live to be 40. :nonono:
SpReEfOrAlL
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#7 » by SpReEfOrAlL » Thu Jun 19, 2008 10:11 pm

Did any of you hear Javon's story? I don't think i have laughed harder in my entire life. Talk about the biggest load of BS ever.

"I was just back at my room and at about 5:30 in the morning I got a knock at the door. I opened it and three guys with guns were there. They cracked me in the head a few times, knocking me unconscious. They then robbed me of everything I had; my watch, money, everything! Somehow they got me to a car and dropped me off in the street. That’s what happened."

Yeah somehow they got him from his VIP suite in the Bellagio all the way down to the street, and into their car. With out anyone seeing. Sounds plausible. I mean why wouldn't they take him with them? Would be easy to sneak a millionaire wide receiver past everyone in one of the nicest hotels in the country.
Neusch23
Head Coach
And1: 59

Post#8 » by Neusch23 » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:19 am

SpReEfOrAlL wrote:Did any of you hear Javon's story? I don't think i have laughed harder in my entire life. Talk about the biggest load of BS ever.

"I was just back at my room and at about 5:30 in the morning I got a knock at the door. I opened it and three guys with guns were there. They cracked me in the head a few times, knocking me unconscious. They then robbed me of everything I had; my watch, money, everything! Somehow they got me to a car and dropped me off in the street. That’s what happened."

Yeah somehow they got him from his VIP suite in the Bellagio all the way down to the street, and into their car. With out anyone seeing. Sounds plausible. I mean why wouldn't they take him with them? Would be easy to sneak a millionaire wide receiver past everyone in one of the nicest hotels in the country.

sounds logical to me.
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#9 » by DelaneyRudd » Fri Jun 20, 2008 5:23 am

Well, every inch of the strip has a camera so we will find out what happened.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,337

Post#10 » by Mags FTW » Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:37 am

2 words:

transvestite prostitute
MartyConlonOnTheRun
RealGM
And1: 11,103

Post#11 » by MartyConlonOnTheRun » Mon Jun 23, 2008 5:05 am

Did they ever find out if his story fit?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#12 » by FNQ » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:14 am

These guys probably suckered a drunk JW into a car and beat his ass... something doesn't fit, the only certainty: Walker's a dumbass.
Wade-A-Holic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 0

Post#13 » by Wade-A-Holic » Fri Jun 27, 2008 5:55 am

The latest report is that Walker entered the vehicle willingly. I'm not sure about the details, though.
Thunder Muscle
RealGM
And1: 1,073

Post#14 » by Thunder Muscle » Sat Aug 2, 2008 4:46 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingc ... id=3516068

Apparently Walker has been playing poorly and planned on retiring...only to have Al Davis talk him out of it. Glad we got rid of this clown and headcase...
TheGhostDog
Senior
And1: 2

Post#15 » by TheGhostDog » Sat Aug 2, 2008 8:38 pm

It's seems like decades since Al Davis has been an effective owner whose actions actually benefitted the Raiders, but I for one have to stand up and applaud him here. As foolish as Walker sounds for going back to Vegas and all, he did watch his friend die and was the victim of a serious beating. As a result, not only is Walker almost certainly experiencing post-traumatic stress disorder (with many symptoms that would make it very difficult to concentrate on football) but his odds of developing major depression, accompanied by alcohol or drug abuse, or attempted suicide, have skyrocketed compared to the average person. Davis, by keeping Walker in the safety net of Raider camp, may be saving Walker from a desperate fate; kudos to him and good luck to Walker.

Return to Green Bay Packers