ImageImageImage

Dre spotted at Reliant?

Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Dre spotted at Reliant? 

Post#1 » by Mr. E » Wed Jul 23, 2014 6:43 pm

Heard the reports yesterday that Andre Johnson was spotted at Reliant...NRG Stadium.

Man, I was never a fan of the name "Reliant Stadium" but I could live with it since it didn't sound completely like a big corporate name like Fed Ex Field, American Airlines Arena, Toyota Center or NRG Stadium. Ugh.

But Dre at the stadium. Could things be on the verge of being patched up and smoothed over?
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,203

Re: Dre spotted at Reliant? 

Post#2 » by RaoulDuke79 » Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:34 pm

Mr. E wrote:But Dre at the stadium. Could things be on the verge of being patched up and smoothed over?

Yup!

http://www.houstontexans.com/news/artic ... b7d8412034

"(on what he thinks about Head Coach Bill O’Brien and what his new coach said his role would be in the offense) “Me and Bill, since he became the head coach, we’ve had great dialogue. Having phone conversations and different things like that. Just from what has explained to me, it seems like it is going to be a lot of fun. It will be a little bit different for me. It will be a little challenging as far as me learning things because it is different from what we’ve been doing in the past. Like I said, it will be a challenge, but I think it will be a lot of fun for me. Like I said, I’m going to come in and catch up on the things that I need to catch up on and get ready to go.”

(on saying losing was the reason for your frustration and now his confidence going in with this team) “I feel very comfortable with where the organization is going. I think a lot of what I said in the offseason had to do with the things that have happened over the past eight, nine years or so. Like I said, talking to Bill (O’Brien) this offseason and the conversations that me and him have had, it has all been positive.”

(on what is different in the culture of the team) “I can only tell you, just from talking to Bill (O’Brien), the conversations we’ve had, the few hours I’ve spent with my teammates, just the whole atmosphere of just being here the past few hours is totally different than it has been in the past. Guys are excited. The atmosphere is more upbeat than probably it has ever been. I think this staff that came in has just brought a winning attitude. They make you feel like you can go out and do that. They are giving us the confidence that if we go out and do what we are supposed to do that we will be successful. It has been all positive so far.”

(on how important it is for him to finish his career here) “Like I said, that is my plan, but at the same time it is a business. Nobody ever thought that Jerry Rice would wear another uniform. There are a lot of guys that have played this game that you never thought that you’d see them in another uniform, but it ended up happening. A lot of times you have no control over that and I understand the business part of it, but if everything works out in a perfect world, I hope this is the only place that I play.”

Finally, training camp begins and football is on its way! Just in time to make me forget about how bad the Disastros still are and how crappy the offseason has been for the Rockets.
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Mr. E
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,510
Location: Defending Planet Earth with a Jet-Pack & a Ray-Gun!

Re: Dre spotted at Reliant? 

Post#3 » by Mr. E » Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:21 pm

I like what I'm hearing from Dre. The team needs his leadership now more than ever.
"A fanatic is one who can't change their mind and won't change the subject."
- Winston Churchill

Return to Houston Texans