PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Bears vs. Colts Opener 

Post#1 » by PR07 » Sun Sep 7, 2008 7:21 pm

vs.

Opening of Lucas Oil Stadium

In a Super Bowl rematch, Brian Urlacher and the Chicago Bears....

head to Indy to play Peyton in the new "Peyton's Place"
count55
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3

Re: Bears vs. Colts Opener 

Post#2 » by count55 » Mon Sep 8, 2008 3:47 am

Wow...I don't think the Colts could've beaten a single team in the league tonight.

They're going to have to get much, much better if they want to avoid a dozen losses.
I have no idea what you're talking about, and clearly, neither do you.
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#3 » by PR07 » Mon Sep 8, 2008 5:45 am

As good as the Colts have been at playing through injuries, they looked really sluggish on offense tonight. Manning just wasn't Manning tonight. He always seemed to be a little bit off on all of his deep throws, and he never really got comfortable in the pocket even though I felt our makeshift o-line played better than anticipated. I mean the offense essentially gave up 9 points with the safety and fumble return for a TD, and you just don't win games when you do that and only score 13 points offensively. On those two short throws late in the game, he babied the ball.

I felt we gave up on the run too early. I felt we got way too comfortable with just running short slant routes. I think we missed Dallas Clark's presence in the middle of the field, and Jeff Saturday as an anchor on the o-line. As good as Manning is, you could tell that his timing was just a little off with his WR's all game.

The defense I thought did an okay job. They weren't horrible, but they weren't particularly strong enough to win the game by themselves. Freeney looked awesome, and probably was one of the few bright spots of the game. It's going to be interesting to see if the Colts can stop the run without always keeping Bob Sanders in the box, because they sure couldn't tonight. Ed Johnson is good, but I don't think Dawson and whoever else give him enough help in the run stuffing department especially when you have two underweight pass rushers as your bookends. They ought to just move Brock back to DT and give rook Marcus Howard a bigger role on D.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#4 » by TNBT » Mon Sep 8, 2008 7:27 am

Obviously the outcome of this game feels better for my fellow Bears fans and I than it does for you guys, but I think you shouldn't be too hard on yourselves about it. The Bears played well, and you guys were injury-riddled. Peyton was coming back from injury, meaning he needed his O-Line more than ever. However, that O-Line was also thrown together with spare parts due to injury. I hope we get a chance to face you guys again in the Playoffs with both teams at full strength. That would be a great game. Good luck for the rest of the season guys.
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Post#5 » by Bleeding Blue » Mon Sep 8, 2008 1:44 pm

Wow...we did not play well. Hopefully Dallas is ok. Our offense is so much different without him. Even though we lost we can still take some positives out of this week: The Chargers and Jaguars lost. The Patriots lost Tom Brady (Im not wishing him any ill will, but it does help the rest of the AFC). Freeney, Peyton, and Bob all looked good. How great was that hit on Forte! Bob is back. We got the Vikings next week and we better fix our run defense because if we don't Peterson might have a field day on us. All in all, win or loss, I am so excited the season has started and I am looking forward to next week.
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Post#6 » by Latrell » Mon Sep 8, 2008 11:10 pm

Dissapointing start in the new stadium.

I dont think there is need for concern. As we get more players back and Manning shakes some of the rust off we'll be fine. Madden and Michaels pointed out how Manning lost like 20 lbs becase of this injury, his footwork is a little off as well. He'll be back to the Peyton we know in no time.

Our defense played better than the final score would indicate and we missed Clark in our offense. Gonzalez also dropped some gimmes. That and the Bears' D is healthy and better than last year, they had more to prove as we beat them in the Sperbowl, hats off to them though, the Bears they played a great game and deserved the W.

The Jags lost too so were ok. We'll bounce back, this is the Colts were talking about one of the premier teams in the league.

Alot of people are overreacting (not Colts fans neccesarily) All of a sudden the Chargers, Colts, Jags are no longer contenders because of a week 1 loss :roll: gimme a break.
Miller4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 283

Post#7 » by Miller4ever » Tue Sep 9, 2008 1:50 am

We have a lot of excuses that we could use, but the fact is we did not capitalize or execute. If we had done one or the other, the game would have gone the other way. The game turned on some key plays, but the Bear's running game was also a constant factor.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#8 » by Dunthreevy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 2:09 pm

The Bears defense played really well. There's a reason they went to the Super Bowl 2 years ago. Peyton was rusty as most should've expected. Overall, it would've been great to see a win, but I think a majority of fans were probably expecting too much from the team. Considering a lot of our key players didn't have a full pre-season to get prepared because of injuries, it was kinda foolish to think we would just come out and be firing on all cylinders. Our run defense has never been something to write home about so I wasn't really surprised about Forte going big on us. I think Peyton is going to come out against Minnesota with a chip on his shoulder and we will end up winning big, as long as AP doesn't completely run wild on us. Tavaris Jackson shouldn't even be starting for ANY team in the NFL, so their passing game doesn't worry me at all.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!

Return to Indianapolis Colts