Moderator: Jake0890

PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Twenty Cut 

Post#1 » by PR07 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 5:21 pm

The twenty players released:

Wide receiver Devin Aromashodu, defensive tackle Joe Bradley, defensive end Jeff Charleston, safety Brannon Condren, defensive tackle Dan Davis, offensive tackle Tala Esera, defensive tackle Colin Ferrell, defensive back Brandon Foster, wide receiver Sam Giguere, Gray, defensive end Ben Ishola, wide receiver Onrea Jones, running back Kenton Keith, Lorenzen, offensive tackle Darren Marquez, linebacker Kyle Shotwell, running back Chad Simpson, tight end Tyrice Thompson, offensive tackle Michael Toudouze and linebacker Victor Worsley.

Notables: Devin Aromashodu, Jeff Charleston, Brannon Condren, Kenton Keith, Lorenzen and Gray, Michael Toudouze.
dixava
Freshman
And1: 0

Re: Twenty Cut 

Post#2 » by dixava » Sun Aug 31, 2008 8:30 pm

For me, the only surprise was Condren. He had a very solid preseason.
But the FO probably saw more upside in Silva.
Otherside, i believe that Aromashodu showed more than Roy Hall, but Hall has a lot of value on special teams.
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Post#3 » by Bleeding Blue » Fri Sep 5, 2008 7:05 pm

I was glad to see that we only kept Manning and Sorgi on the roster. Besides the fact that Lorenzan and Gray weren't exactly studs, it shows that both Manning and Sorgi are healthy. The Colts probably would have kept one or the other if the team thought injuries were a serious issue. Although, if Manning or Sorgi goes down I would bet that we will see one of them back on the team.
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#4 » by Dunthreevy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:17 pm

I was somewhat surprised to see Aromashodu and Jeff Charleston let go. I'd be willing to be that Charleston gets another shot if one of our D-lineman goes down. I think Quinn Gray has decent ability to alude the rush but his accuracy looked like that of a blind, drunken, one-eyed man. I wouldn't mind seeing him get another shot before Lorenzen.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!

Return to Indianapolis Colts