Big Hit Bob to start vs. St. Louis

Moderator: Jake0890

Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Big Hit Bob to start vs. St. Louis 

Post#1 » by Dunthreevy » Sat Oct 24, 2009 4:25 pm

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/10/23/bob-sanders-will-start-sunday/

Oft-injured Indianapolis Colts safety Bob Sanders will take the field for the first time this season on Sunday in St. Louis.

Colts coach Jim Caldwell said Friday morning that Sanders, the 2007 NFL Defensive Player of the Year, is ready to go.

"He's going to play,'' Caldwell said, per Mike Chappell of the Indianapolis Star. "He's feeling good. If he can go, he's starting.''

Caldwell said he's "not really sure yet,'' how much Sanders will play because he wants to see how his surgically repaired knee is holding up. But for at least the start of the game, Sanders will be on the field against the Rams.

When he's healthy, Sanders is among the best defensive players in the league. But he's often not healthy: He's played only 45 regular-season games since the Colts drafted him in 2004.

I'm not thinking about injuries, money, or anything else. I'm just happy to have Bob in the starting lineup tomorrow.

What sort of impact do you guys see this having on our defense, which is already playing pretty well. There has been talk of possibly working in a defensive package of Sanders, Bullitt, and Bethea in the secondary at the same time. If that happens, I am scared for the Rams.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Latrell
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,552

Re: Big Hit Bob to start vs. St. Louis 

Post#2 » by Latrell » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:56 am

I was unable to watch the game this Sunday. How did Bob look? I know this game was a laugher but did he have any kind of impact? Or did we use him sparingly?
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#3 » by Dunthreevy » Tue Oct 27, 2009 3:35 pm

Latrell wrote:I was unable to watch the game this Sunday. How did Bob look? I know this game was a laugher but did he have any kind of impact? Or did we use him sparingly?

I know he had an early tackle and was in on a couple plays in the first quarter, but I honestly didn't see him do too much. Last I saw he was walking back to the locker room in around the 3rd quarter. Not sure if that was a precautionary thing or if he re-aggravated an injury.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Miller4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 283

Post#4 » by Miller4ever » Tue Oct 27, 2009 6:52 pm

^Probably precautionary. They didn't really need him with the way the game was going.

Return to Indianapolis Colts