Ed Johnson Caught With Drugs, to be released

Moderator: Jake0890

PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Ed Johnson Caught With Drugs, to be released 

Post#1 » by PR07 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 6:48 pm

"Indianapolis Colts president Bill Polian announced today that defensive tackle Ed Johnson was arrested for speeding and possession of marijuana early this morning in Hamilton County. 'Those charges have been filed, it is my understanding, and we are in the process right now of determining what course of action to take with respect to discipline,' Polian said. 'There will be discipline, the question is what is it.' Johnson is a starter but coach Tony Dungy said he would not play Sunday when the Colts face Minnesota in Minneapolis.

I'm really worried about this team on Sunday now. Johnson is there only solid run stuffer up the middle, and now we're going to have the likes of Dawson and Foster doing battle against pro bowlers Matt Birk and Steve Hutchinson. Could be ugly with Adrian Peterson and Chester Taylor running behind them.

Ed Johnson had a real nice story coming to the Colts. A guy who had gotten in trouble at Penn State but had apparently changed and somehow worked his way into the starting lineup of a team coming off a Super Bowl win. Hopefully, he gets a second chance, but this behavior will not be tolerated with the Colts, so he's walking a thin line.
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Re: Breaking News: Ed Johnson Caught With Drugs 

Post#2 » by Bleeding Blue » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:59 pm

With Johnson now being out Sunday , if not more games, our offense better shake off the rust fast. If Peterson and Chester Taylor run wild on us Manning and the offense will have to step up. They will not only have to score points, but keep long sustained drives to give our defense some rest. Hopefully they will be up for the challenge.
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Post#3 » by Dunthreevy » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:49 pm

Well maybe my thoughts on Jeff Charleston will come to fruition. Maybe Polian will bring him back and try to plug him in at DT. Pretty upsetting to hear about Ed. I had no idea about all of his issues at Penn State. Being somewhat of a Nittany Lions fan I feel like my fanhood is in question... by myself.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#4 » by PR07 » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:52 am

Colt sticking with their no tolerance policy. Ed Johnson will be released tomorrow. Really a shame, the team said they'd have a no strike policy with him based on his trouble at PSU, and he really wasted a good opportunity here.

I think the team has to move Brock back to DT. McFarland, Reagor, and Tripplett are all FA's who know the system, maybe the club looks at one of them.
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Re: Ed Johnson Caught With Drugs, to be released 

Post#5 » by Dunthreevy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:10 am

Just saw the story on Yahoo! We definitely have a huge gap to fill now. I wouldn't mind seeing Booger back here. I'm not too sure about his health since he left. I haven't really heard anything about him recently.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Re: Ed Johnson Caught With Drugs, to be released 

Post#6 » by Bleeding Blue » Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:20 am

Wow....it really stinks that we are losing him, but it is good to see that the team is sticking to their guns. I love the fact that the Colts are a team of values. After witnessing the Pacers unfold before our eyes the fans should know how important this really is.

On a different note I read today that Jeff Saturday could potentially play Sunday (I'm not counting on it though), Dallas Clark may not play, and Howard Mudd is also out for two weeks due to surgery on his knee. Losing Mudd for the next two weeks is terrible consider our o-line situation.
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight

Return to Indianapolis Colts