Colts Reach 53 Man Roster

Moderator: Jake0890

Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Colts Reach 53 Man Roster 

Post#1 » by Bleeding Blue » Sun Sep 6, 2009 6:46 pm

Colts Waive 18, Place Three on Waived-Injured to Reach 53-Player Roster
INDIANAPOLIS – The Colts on Saturday waived 18 players and placed three players on waived-injured to reach the regular season 53-player roster limit.

Waived were: Running back Lance Ball, wide receiver Sam Giguere, defensive lineman John Gill, defensive tackle Adrian Grady, running back Mike Hart, defensive end Marcus Howard, defensive back Dante Hughes, center Steve Justice, wide receiver John Matthews, wide receiver Brett McDermott, running back Walter Mendenhall, offensive lineman Tom Pestock, wide receiver Taj Smith, linebacker Michael Tauiliili, defensive tackle Terrance Taylor, offensive lineman Jaimie Thomas, defensive end Josh Thomas and offensive tackle Michael Toudouze. Waived-Injured were: defensive backs Nick Graham and Travis Key and tight end Jamie Petrowski.

The Colts removed safety Bob Sanders from the Physically Unable to Perform List, placing him on the 53-player active roster. Also, defensive tackle Ed Johnson will not count on the active roster until after Week One.

It is good to see Bob not on the PUP list, hopefully he will be back for the opener, but im not holding my breath. I was hoping Mike Hart would have made the team, but apparently the staff likes Simpson....I would love to see us sign Rhodes again since he got cut, but I am sure that won't happen because he wants to be a feature back...
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Re: Colts Reach 53 Man Roster 

Post#2 » by Bleeding Blue » Sun Sep 6, 2009 10:33 pm

The Colts claimed rookie linebacker Cody Glenn off waivers from the Washington Redskins, and in turn, waived fifth-year veteran safety Matt Giordano.

Glenn, 6-0, 240, was a 2009 fifth-round draft choice out of Nebraska by the Redskins.

I was a fan of Giordano, but we definitely are weak at the LB position.
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight

Return to Indianapolis Colts