ImageImage

Colts Release DT Ed Johnson....again

Moderator: Jake0890

Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Colts Release DT Ed Johnson....again 

Post#1 » by Bleeding Blue » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:45 pm

The Indianapolis Colts waived starting defensive tackle Ed Johnson for unknown reasons Tuesday in a roster move that will deprive an improving defense of arguably its best run-stuffing lineman.

The team declined comment, but Johnson's name appeared on the league waiver wire.

http://www.indystar.com/article/2009101 ... nson+again

HUGE setback for our defense. He has been playing great has helped sure up our overall Defense. Hard to feel sorry for the guy who was being given a 2nd chance, his career in the NFL is likely over. Eric Foster and Daniel Muir will get significantly more time now, one likely becoming a starter. Terrible news for a defense that was finally coming around.....
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight
Dunthreevy
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,353

Re: Colts Release DT Ed Johnson....again 

Post#2 » by Dunthreevy » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:10 pm

I'm pretty confident with Foster being the starter. Might mean he sees less of those snaps at fullback, but I'm fine with that. Raheem Brock can play some DT as well, as he has in the past, but then we would need someone to spell Freeney and Mathis occasionally. A line with Freeney, Brock, Foster, and Mathis sounds good to me, but I'm no Bill Polian.
Feel the rhythm! Feel the rhyme! Get on up, it's bobsled time!
Miller4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 283

Post#3 » by Miller4ever » Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:50 am

It's not bad, and we still have the other Johnson, right?
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Post#4 » by Bleeding Blue » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:33 pm

Miller4ever wrote:It's not bad, and we still have the other Johnson, right?

Yep. They said he wasnt cut due to off the field issues, but a lack of on the field performance......I am not buying it though.
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight

Return to Indianapolis Colts