ImageImage

Winning with smoke and mirrors

Moderator: Jake0890

Alymero
Banned User
And1: 0

Winning with smoke and mirrors 

Post#1 » by Alymero » Mon Nov 9, 2009 1:15 pm

Not to put your 9-0 club down or anything, but when you really examine this team under the microscope there's simply no substance to suggest the Colts can continue to win as the schedule gets gets tougher and tougher down the stretch.
I hate to open your eyes, but reality sets in next week when we could very well see the Pats drop as many as 8-10 TDS on the Colts and win in a huge blowout.
Bleeding Blue
Head Coach
And1: 538

Re: Winning with smoke and mirrors 

Post#2 » by Bleeding Blue » Mon Nov 9, 2009 5:49 pm

You have no clue what you are talking about. It is not possible to be 8-0 in the NFL and only win with smoke and mirrors. I refuse to even argue with you until you present some statistics or reasons to prove what you are alleging.
"When my time on earth is gone, and my activities here are passed, I want they bury me upside down, and my critics can kiss my ass!"

- Bobby Knight
Alymero
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#3 » by Alymero » Mon Nov 9, 2009 6:31 pm

Colts win next week, I'll retract my statement from a smoke and mirrors lucky break club to a bonafide Super Bowl contender having beaten their first real opposition. However, first you must beat the Pats, which I don't think happens under any circumstances but we'll see.

GOOD LUCK!

Miller4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 283

Post#4 » by Miller4ever » Mon Nov 9, 2009 7:40 pm

Wow.
Miller4ever
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 283

Post#5 » by Miller4ever » Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:10 pm

You realize 8-10 TD's on the Indianapolis Colts means 56-70 points, right?

You're saying that AT HOME we are no better than the Titans are AWAY?

Plus, our club is 8-0, not 9-0.

As for opening our eyes, what the hell pointed to the fact that they were shut to begin with?

I guess if you think a precise, surgical offense and adjusting to defense is smoke and mirrors, then call us David Copperfield.

To say that there's no substance to suggest that the Colts can continue to win down the line, I say there's no substance against such a claim, either.

And to say that there's no way we can beat the Pats...I think you need to adjust your microscope.

Our biggest problem is our 3rd down defense, and our running game isn't exactly amazing, but we make do.

But how badly do you have to overrate the Pats to think that they will blow us out? The Pats NEVER blow us out. Since 2003, the largest margin either team had won is 40-21 COLTS. Guess who's won 4 out of the last 5 times?

Return to Indianapolis Colts