Bryan Anger "not willing to negotiate"

Moderators: UCF, JaxMagic

UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,077

Bryan Anger "not willing to negotiate" 

Post#1 » by UCF » Fri Mar 11, 2016 3:36 pm

I remember when the team drafted him so high but is there really disdain towards him as a player because of it? I get that the team missed out on a lot of great talent that was still left on the board that draft.

The Jacksonville Jaguars moved on from former third-round punter Bryan Anger, who never quite became the "weapon" he was drafted to be. He's digressed over his four-year career, ending last year with just a 39.5-yard net average (22nd in the league) and just 26 of his 80 punts downed inside the 20-yard line (16th in the league), which is why the team went after Carolina Panthers punter Brad Nortmans.

http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2016/3/11/11202192/free-agency-bryan-anger-contract-not-willing-to-negotiate-with-jacksonville-jaguars
UCFJayBird
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 3,447

Re: Bryan Anger "not willing to negotiate" 

Post#2 » by UCFJayBird » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:22 pm

My guess is he was not happy that another punter was being brought in to compete as the starter. I guess he feels disrespected and would rather go elsewhere than stay and compete for a job he felt he should have outright. Seems a little childish given he was in the bottom 3rd of the league.
UCF
Community Mod
Community Mod
And1: 1,077

Re: Bryan Anger "not willing to negotiate" 

Post#3 » by UCF » Fri Mar 11, 2016 8:59 pm

The way I read it was he was never serious about returning.

Return to Jacksonville Jaguars