Re: Jags @ Patriots 

Post#4 » by JaxMagic » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:58 pm

Well I’m officially depressed.
GSWarriors22
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#5 » by GSWarriors22 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:48 am

Feels so terrible that we came so close but ended up loosing. Its tough to imagine what would have happened if they didnt call the fumble a dead ball or if Amendola was penalized for his headbutt against Gipson. Im not saying we didnt commit penalties, the point is that the pats did too and didnt get called for it.
Aside from that, Brady and Amendola came in clutch and we werent able to answer offensively in the second half. I thought the Pats did an amazing Job punting the Ball, feels like we had to start most of our drives in the second half from close to our 10 yard line.

Idk if we will get back to this stage, if we can keep the core together and maybe get a new QB we might, but the window in the NFL is short and even though we have a young team, a trip to the division finals is never a given.

In terms of team building, Im not sold on giving Cousins a monster contract for a long time, and Im not sure how much I would be willing to give up to get Smith from Kansas. I sure dont want Eli to come here, I think he is done. Bortles played a really good game because he stuck to the simple things (short passes out of play action), but if you want to take your team to the next level, you need a playmaker at QB and Bortles cant throw well under pressure or in (3rd and) long situations. If we want to see Fournette play for the next 10 years, we need to take the load from him offensively and have a QB that can pass out of the pocket and make some plays.

Our TE and WR core needs some work, Lee is a FA so we need to see what happens with him. Lewis is our only good TE, I think we can get an upgrade to Koyack and the rest. We need to build our Oline as well to help Fournette and also protect our QB for a bit longer.
I dont think we pick a QB early in the Draft. Every QB after Allen is a question mark, maybe we can pick Luke Falk in the fourth...
Nemesis21
RealGM
And1: 6,608

Post#6 » by Nemesis21 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:28 pm

8 penalties to 1. Good job staying out of the game, refs. :banghead:

Return to Jacksonville Jaguars