ImageImageImage

The 2010 NFL Draft Thread

ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,626

Re: The 2010 NFL Draft Thread 

Post#81 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Apr 25, 2010 1:56 am

I like the A.J. Edds kid a lot too. And Rashed Jones is an instant starter for us and a mainstay at the safety spot.
Lconte17
Senior
And1: 0

Post#82 » by Lconte17 » Sun Apr 25, 2010 2:22 pm

According to MSN Sports the Fins recieved one of 6, A Grades

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/lists/nfl- ... o=11162472
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,626

Post#83 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Apr 25, 2010 3:51 pm

I'm fine with their draft picks. Especially the Reshad Jones kid as late as they got him. I think Carroll can return kicks for us and play nickle CB, Edds is a steal, and Isi or Misi can start right away along with Odrick. Our defense is set in my mind for a long time to come.
Initially I was upset with us not taking a running back or reciever but Lex Hilliard showed that he can hold it down if Ricky and Ronnie are somehow injured, and we are also getting Cobbs back. As for a pass catcher we got our guy in Marshall. He and Bess will make a great tandem with Hartline, Camarillo, and hopefully Turner rounding things out.
Turner is still the big question mark in my mind... I think this will be his rookie year so maybe he can still do something for us.
John Jerry was a friggin steal as well people. This kid is a brute and will no doubt add depth to an already solid O-line.
It's in Henne's hands from here on out and Pat White can still be used as a weapon of some sort.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#84 » by GameTime_3 » Mon Apr 26, 2010 1:38 pm

San Diego State's Roberto Wallace and Marlon Moore of Fresno State have agreed to terms along with five more defensive players and Florida International offensive lineman Andy Leavine as the Dolphins prepare for rookie minicamp starting Friday.

Wallace, who is 6-feet-4 and 223 pounds, grew up playing soccer in Panama and didn't start playing football until his junior year of high school in Oceanside, Calif. He ran a 4.48 40-yard-dash on his Pro Day and has a 36 1/2-inch vertical leap.

Wallace made 36 catches for 463 yards with three touchdowns as a senior. Nearly a quarter of that production came in his final college game: eight catches for 106 yards in a loss to UNLV.

Moore, who is 6-foot and 190 pounds, is coming off a disappointing senior season that was plagued by ankle problems. A dangerous punt returner, he made just 15 catches last season but averaged 21 yards per reception.

Also signing with the Dolphins after going undrafted were defensive tackles Vince Oghobaase (Duke) and Travis Ivey (Maryland); cornerbacks Ross Weaver (Michigan State) and A.J. Wallace (Penn State) and safety Jon Amaya (Nevada).

Oghobaase, who is 6-5 and 302 pounds, reportedly scored a 31 (out of 35) on the Wonderlic exam. His senior year was disrupted by a knee injury.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miam ... 3123.story
dolphinatik
Head Coach
And1: 4,233

Post#85 » by dolphinatik » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:02 pm

So excited by the Marshall move... The Phins recently like to go for the borinng pick.... Jake Long boring 2 time probowler. I like that they had a plan and seemed to stay with their draft board. They concentrated on our needs and will have several guys to choose from. This isexciting as you know we will end up with the guy that wants it most and is the best at it.

I like the picks alot.

I was hoping for a Carlos Dunlap or Brandon Spikes or even Myron Rolle but those are bias choices since im a Gator. Although I think Dunlap will be a good one. I trust the Trifecta to get guys that are hard working an just nasty. I jsut really hope that none of them sign with Drew Rosenhaus.
1. Herro 2. Bol Bol 3. Seko 4. Bruno
unless we trade up for Barrett or trade down for PJ Washington
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#86 » by heat4life » Mon Apr 26, 2010 7:08 pm

GameTime_3 wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kP5nmyNSgk&feature=related[/youtube]

This was -by far - my favorite Miami pick. I also dig the Odrick and Jerry picks. As for our 4 LB's drafted, I loved Misi's game but his lack of sacks in college concerns me. It shows a motor of a kid to pressure the QB -which he is - but someone who rarely finishes plays. Edds, McCoy and Spliter look like players that need some development but should contribute on Specials Teams right away. I love that new LB Dobbins (from SD) is going to provide competition to Crowder. He accomplished similar stats by being a backup!

Solid draft IMO. Nothing fancy, just good old solid.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP

Return to Miami Dolphins