ImageImageImage

Free Agents That Could Sign With Us(and Signed)

Scum Freezebag
Sixth Man
And1: 22

Re: Free Agents That Could Sign With Us(and Signed) 

Post#41 » by Scum Freezebag » Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:18 am

Homer? Who is Homer? My name is Guy Incognito.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Re: Free Agents That Could Sign With Us. 

Post#42 » by Flash3 » Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:43 pm

GameTime_3 wrote:I consider this a great signing. More O-Line depth! Incognito plays hard and sometimes it gets the best of him, if the can tone it down a bit, this could be a great signing.

Guard Richie Incognito, who arrived for his visit in South Florida on Monday, agreed to a one-year deal worth just over $1 million. It is considered a bargain rate for a player with a controversial past that led to his departure from St. Louis last year.

Asked why his emotions have often gotten the best of him during games, Incognito said it's something he needs to change.
``There's a fine line, especially when you play offensive line,'' he said. ``You're coached to play through the whistle, and I've always been toeing that line. Always over and bac

http://www.miamiherald.com/2010/03/17/1 ... ichie.html

So, we can sign a troubled OL but we can't sign a WR who's probably the best at his position because he was whining to be paid market value? What blasphemy!
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#43 » by heat4life » Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:03 pm

Incognito signed a 1 year deal worth roughly $1.3 millions. He didn't cost us any picks. If he fails, we cut our loses, no harm done. With Boldin we would have traded our 3th and 4th rounder THIS season PLUS giving him a HUGE contract. If the experiment fails, then what? You missed out on drafting a 3rd or 4th round value player for your future AND you have to eat his huge signing bonus, not to mention his age and salary wouldn't make it easy to trade him again.

I think Parcells and Co determined that the risk and the consequences of the risk would have been too high for a player that is NOT the last missing piece to a championship contender. YES we need a play maker WR but that is not the only thing we need. We need to get starters at NT, OLB, S, TE. You don't fill all those holes in FA. You need to have picks in the draft. If we do that trade, we have a WR but cheat ourselves of a NT or OLB or TE etc.

IMO, if we are taking a shot at a Diva receiver, why not go for TO on a 1YR deal while drafting a young WR playmaker like Demaryius Thomas in the 2nd round allowing him to develop for a 1YR?

I know we all hate TO but for 1YR, I think he would behave.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,626

Post#44 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:22 pm

We may actually just need a veteran reciever to come in and lead for a year or two. Owens would be fine by me for a year but I doubt Parcells goes a second round with Owens. Then again Owens is not in the position he was in four years ago either.
The other part of me says that building through the draft is the right and only way when it comes to certain positions and WR happens to be one of those positions in my opinion. There is talent available in the draft and I truely feel that Dez Bryant is a can't miss and a mainstay in Miami (assuming we get him) for 10-12 years.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#45 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:26 am

Okay my loyal Dolphin fans... From the rumor mill this is what I have gathered in the last couple of weeks.
1. We LOVE CJ Spiller and may explore the idea of trading up to get him. A good move on our part if it is done. Spiller is the most electrifying player I have seen since Marshall Faulk. Spiller is a franchise back that can be both a thousand yard runner and receiver if needed. I hope this deal gets done.

2. We are starting to sour on the idea of drafting Dez Bryant at 12 and are looking hard at Syracuse defect Mike Williams. A 6'2 220 lb Bill Parcells type of receiver. If he gets his attitude and work ethic straight he could be a Brandon Marshall type of steal in the draft.

3. Darren McFadden has been mentioned in trade rumors with us as well. Not sure how much validity there is to is but it has been mentioned. McFadden would be great for us given that he knows this offense already and he has just been a bad fit in Oakland from the word go. A back that was considered to be the next Adrian peterson has yet to do so due to Oaklands crappy system and his injuries. Maybe he could redeem himself here in Fin town.

4. Expect a trade at the QB position. Pat White, Chad Pennington, and Tyler Thigpen are not promised a thing. Any one of them may possibly be dealt.

5. Jason Ferguson's suspension has Dolphin brass worried and they have pushed their concerns to defensive tackle. If we don't move on Spiller, and we pass on Bryant expect us to land the best DT available.
JSB
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#46 » by JSB » Mon Apr 5, 2010 12:06 pm

I'd love to get a back that stays healthy! Ricky is awesome but he probably won't be around that much longer.
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#47 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:23 pm

Crazy that the Jets just got Santonio Holmes from Pitt for a fifth round pick.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#48 » by GameTime_3 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:16 pm

ExplosionsInDaSky wrote:Crazy that the Jets just got Santonio Holmes from Pitt for a fifth round pick.

Saw that...Dez Bryant PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! Jets are building something special over there.
JSB
Sophomore

Post#49 » by JSB » Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:22 pm

feels like the jets are trying to be the yankees of football gametime whats that video with the kids from in your sig
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#50 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:47 pm

I've got the Jets in the super bowl in 2011...Unless we can derail them.
JSB
Sophomore

Post#51 » by JSB » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:52 pm

Jets don't scare me at all. I don't think they have a good QB and I bet we can sweep them again, lets just hope our D is good and we have a healthy running game and someone who can get open at WR
Lconte17
Senior

Post#52 » by Lconte17 » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:16 pm

There are a few free agents that I WANT now that the draft has come and gone...

Elvis Dumervil of the Broncos- i think this dude would be a BEAST in the 3-4. He can play OLB or DE. I want him.

and

Justin Fargas as a back up RB just in case Brown gets hurt again
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#53 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Fri Apr 30, 2010 8:34 pm

I can't believe Dumervil is still out there.. Have the Broncos not franchised him? I doubt we can afford him if he hasn't already been franchised.

I agree that we need a backup running back to Brown but I don't like Justin Fargas at all. A name that could emerge in camp is Kory Sheets. He showed flashes last season in practice from what I heard, and of course there is still Lex Hilliard who is steady and reliable as a short yardage runner. Adrian Peterson from the Bears... The 31 year old Adrian Peterson might be an option in free agency other than that I think we are hoping for Sheets and Hilliard to hold it down if need be.

There are talks of Audalius Thomas coming here. I would be for that as a stop gap LB for us. Vet presence and a proven player. Nice pickup if we could get him for cheap.
Flash3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 403

Post#54 » by Flash3 » Sat May 1, 2010 5:34 am

^I doubt they add Thomas if they didn't even extend an offer to Taylor.
Mars wrote:You can't stop the asterisk... you can only hope to contain it.
Lconte17
Senior

Post#55 » by Lconte17 » Sat May 1, 2010 1:19 pm

Dumervil is a restricted FA. He was tendered with a 1st and 3rd tag... however now that the draft is over, offer up a second next year for him and i bet the deal gets made cause he has yet to express interest in signing that tender
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#56 » by GameTime_3 » Mon May 3, 2010 5:49 pm

I want Thomas as an OLB.

Thomas-Dansby-Crowder-Wake, W/ Misi,Edds,Dobbins and Anderson as backups.
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#57 » by heat4life » Mon May 3, 2010 6:31 pm

I am not sure that Thomas is an upgrade over anyone currently on the roster. IMO, if our young players struggle during mini-camps and Thomas is still available, I could see it happening.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
Sleepy51
Forum Mod - Warriors
Forum Mod - Warriors
And1: 2,321

Post#58 » by Sleepy51 » Mon May 17, 2010 6:11 pm

Greetings Fins fans.

Former Raider fan/Al-Davis-ineptitude-refugee residing in Ft. Lauderdale and getting to know the Dolphins over the last two years. I am really liking what I'm seeing. Seriously considering making the leap and declaring the Dolphins my new "home team" this season. It's been great watching guys who actually enjoy playing professional football again. I think I'm hooked.

I thought I should let you know, I took the red-eye back from LAX this morning and TO was on the plane and was wisked off (presumptively) by Drew's office at 6:40AM. He was travelling solo and low profile, but it was definitely him. Does TO have own a place in Broward? Even if he does, it's hard to imagine why he would have taken that god awful flight to FLL instead of MIA for anything other than a meeting with a team.

Anyone else heard any chatter about TO to Mia other than the official "thanks but no thanks"?
Jester_ wrote:Can we trade Draymond Green for Grayson Allen?
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM

Post#59 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Tue May 18, 2010 12:11 am

I'm fine with T.O for a season or two if this happens.

Return to Miami Dolphins