ImageImageImage

Miami Dolphins Thread

heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Re: Miami Dolphins/Marlins Thread 

Post#201 » by heat4life » Mon Sep 17, 2012 2:40 pm

I can't quite understand why Naanee is still on the team. I do hear he is good in practice but just doesn't translate to the games. IMO, his time as a Dolphins will come to an end soon enough (probably when Hartline gets a few games under his belt and Gaffney gets healthier?).

Good win for Miami yesterday. Let's hope they can bring it to the JETS.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP
LEIF
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 921
Location: Charleston, SC. Born and raised in The City of North Miami.

Post#202 » by LEIF » Fri Sep 21, 2012 3:49 am

I will be at the Phins Jets game this weekend. driving down from Charleston for a weekend at the Hard Rock. theirs no place to visit like home.

Follow me on Twitter @Lefty_Leif
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#203 » by GameTime_3 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:18 pm

LEIF wrote:I will be at the Phins Jets game this weekend. driving down from Charleston for a weekend at the Hard Rock. theirs no place to visit like home.

And LEIF will be on the field!! LEIF knows people! hahah
This IsMy House
General Manager
And1: 190

Post#204 » by This IsMy House » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:05 pm

LEIF wrote:I will be at the Phins Jets game this weekend. driving down from Charleston for a weekend at the Hard Rock. theirs no place to visit like home.

Nice!! I'm going to, section 111. Man I cant wait to just talk crap to Jets fans the whole game. :lol:
I Stand With The []_[]!
Banned User
And1: 536

Post#205 » by 420 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 8:09 pm

I hope the Fins win, but I'm not sure they will. You can tell they're just looking to run the clock out instead of adding to their lead. You don't win games playing scared.
ifrosty13
Head Coach
And1: 1,362

Post#206 » by ifrosty13 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:18 pm

Bad Luck Philbin
Pimpwerx
Banned User
And1: 78

Post#207 » by Pimpwerx » Sun Sep 23, 2012 10:43 pm

Back from the game. **** Dolphins....

That's all I gotta say. **** day of sports for me. PEACE.
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,406

Post#208 » by Vertical Limit » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:47 pm

ifrosty13 wrote:Bad Luck Philbin

If you're referencing the blocked field goal most of the linemen stopped their play when they heard the whistle.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#209 » by GameTime_3 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:40 pm

Had a chance to talk to S. Ross today. The guy gets it. Most don't get to see his true side due to the media and haters but the guy knows what needs to be done. Hes doing all he can off the field and will turn this team around. I'm excited for the future. Tannehill, Miller, O-Line and coaching staff is on the up and up.
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,182

Post#210 » by heatwillbeback » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:49 pm

I hope he gets it.

We have been the worst drafting team the past 5 or so years. Our offseason fa additions this year have all failed miserably, though I have hope from Tannehill and Lamar Miller from the draft

There is absolutely zero reason for a guy like Ireland to be employed at this point. He has been the worst front office person in all of football.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#211 » by GameTime_3 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:51 am

heatwillbeback wrote:I hope he gets it.

We have been the worst drafting team the past 5 or so years. Our offseason fa additions this year have all failed miserably, though I have hope from Tannehill and Lamar Miller from the draft

There is absolutely zero reason for a guy like Ireland to be employed at this point. He has been the worst front office person in all of football.

I try to look at things unbiased and from a distance. Ireland has had his share of issues but look at where we were 4 years ago and were better off now. When talking to Ross he said that Ireland has only control for 2 years. Has he bad some bad PR moves? I would say so. But has he been the worst? No the people before him were the worst. Randy Muller, Cam Camerson, Bill killed this team of talent. People wanted Flynn and he didn't(Give him props), people wanted Kevin Kolb(Props), people hated the Vonte trade(The dude isn't worth a 2nd), He was the guy who found Cam Wake(Props). This draft is solid aside from Egnew right now. Our O-Line, D-Line and QB are solid for years. We are some WR's and a few playmakers away from making noise. I haven't seen that in years.
Banned User

Post#212 » by 420 » Tue Sep 25, 2012 2:00 am

@DaveHydeSports

The relevant second guess from the Dolphins loss isn't the icing of the kicker. Most teams ice the kicker. The relevant second guess is why the Dolphins were kicking a 48-yard field goal in the first place. After Tannehill completed the 41-yard pass to Hartline to the Jets 35, here was the play-calling: Thomas off-tackle for 2, deep throw into end zone incomplete and Thomas right tackle for 3. They needed to gain perhaps 10 yards to make Dan Carpenter's job easier. A 48-yard field goal in soggy conditions isn't a gimme by any stretch. Why not an intermediate pass? Why the bomb? Why just off-tackle? a day ago

Ryan Tannehill described what happened after his 41-yard pass in OT put the ball at Jets' 35: "You know we
we were in field goal range, so we didn’t want to turn the ball over, didn’t want to take any big chances,'' he said. "Take the yards if they were there, but we were confident in Dan and what he could do, so we didn’t want to take any big chances there. Just take what was there and trust your kicker.” Problem was, they left Carpenter with a 48-yard field goal.
Too much of a conservative approach for a team that is not going anywhere this season.

Free Tannehill already, we're not winning games this year unless he pans out to be a stud.
Pimpwerx
Banned User

Post#213 » by Pimpwerx » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:02 am

GameTime_3 wrote:Had a chance to talk to S. Ross today. The guy gets it. Most don't get to see his true side due to the media and haters but the guy knows what needs to be done. Hes doing all he can off the field and will turn this team around. I'm excited for the future. Tannehill, Miller, O-Line and coaching staff is on the up and up.

Is he firing Ireland? If he's not, then he doesn't get it.

Ireland had a say in all the personnel decisions so far. He's had a say in all these draft picks that are either no longer with the team, or not even in the league anymore. He's had a say in the contracts that have us something like $4M away from the cap, despite having a team full of scrubs and wannabe scrubs.

Let's look at our problems lately. Porous secondary and no skill players. What were his brilliant moves in that regard?

Skill players: Just this year alone, he traded Brandon Marshall for two 3rd rounders. Cut Chadcinco after his only off-field issue in his pro career. Didn't sign Braylon Edwards, Randy Moss or Plaxico Burress. Signed some guys off the waiver wires that most of us keep asking ourselves, "WTF is that?" Armstrong was one of those guys. Had a nice, crucial drop Sunday. He himself calls the receivers he signed 4s, 5s and 6s, when anyone with half a brain knows a rookie QB needs starter-quality skill guys. Naanee, who was starting from the first preseason game, is now nowhere to be seen. Didn't even play Sunday. His season stats:

0 catches for 0 yards.

Secondary: Just this year alone, he traded Vontae Davis for a 2nd and a 6th rounder. This put a lot of pressure on one Richard Marshall to fill Tae's shoes. Now I know everyone's gonna remember the INT he had on Sunday. Well...does anyone remember the two pass interferences he had? I've been on the guy's ass all season, and with good reason. If he's able to stay with his man, he's not able to consistently watch the ball, leading to a lot of face-guarding and guesswork. He's not the only one, mind you, but he's emblematic of what's wrong with the personnel Jeff Ireland has put on this roster. A defensive back who can't cover is about as useless as tits on a bull. Our secondary has been gashed so far, and the last two teams don't even have good receivers. Look what one Andre Johnson did to us. When we face a team with a competent passing game, we're gonna get destroyed. We're lucky we faced a shaky Sancheese with a piss-poor receiving core, and washed-up Carson with nobodies out wide. Despite that, we still let them put up way too many yards in the air, negating the rather impressive effort made by our D-line.

I know Ireland isn't the worst GM in the league, but is that really what we've come to as Dolphans? Not having the worst guy around isn't some badge we should wear with pride.

I'm good with Philbin. I like his choice of Sherman as OC, and I like the generally aggressive approach he has to the game. I was pretty skeptical of him at first, but I like that we're taking chances and willing to attack. I just don't like the guys he's had to work with, and that's on Ireland. I say cut this failed experiment short and dump Ireland once and for all. Let's give someone else a chance to **** things up. It's not like Ireland won't still be available if we want to bring him back. I don't see too many teams eager to scoop him up right now.

We've got a chance to be a playoff team next season. I don't want to see the man responsible for this train wreck wasting our picks again. PEACE.
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,406

Post#214 » by Vertical Limit » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:48 am

Rishard Matthews needs to start already. According to some veteran players, the guy is a beast, but he is having trouble with the playbook which is why he hasn't gotten any snaps.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#215 » by GameTime_3 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 5:03 pm

These CANES are fun to watch! WOW!!!

Morris has something about him that I haven't seen in a very long time. I knew the guy had talent and I always wanted him over Harris! Sucks that Harris had the whole team backing him which forced Goldens hand.
Banned User

Post#216 » by 420 » Sun Sep 30, 2012 8:46 pm

Tannehill playing good so far, but he still needs to get better at throwing TD passes. Still throwing it over the head of his receiver.
FlashKing
Banned User
And1: 26

Post#217 » by FlashKing » Mon Oct 1, 2012 2:15 am

Dan Carpenter is Finkle, Finkle is Dan Carpenter!

FlashKing
Banned User
And1: 26

Post#218 » by FlashKing » Mon Oct 1, 2012 11:47 am

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N27Gftoreu4[/youtube]
Pimpwerx
Banned User

Post#219 » by Pimpwerx » Mon Oct 1, 2012 5:04 pm

I want to be mad about the Phins loss, but I'm not. A few things:

1. Talk radio is finally catching up with my hate for Richard Marshall. You guys know I've been on Marshall being a defensive liability since the first game of the preseason. Now others are starting to notice. E. Reed noted the advanced stat on Marshall. Teams are completing 80% of passes thrown to his part of the field. He now has 5 pass interference penalties in 4 games. The guy is a bum.

2. Legedu Naanee continues to do nothing.

3. Our offensive playcalling is aggressive and entertaining. Philbin looks flakey in a tv setting, but there's no backing down with his gameplanning and decision-making. I like his approach to the game, and that alone has won me over with him. I'm willing to give the guy a few years now. With better personnel, he'd have a playoff team right now.

4. Tanny is hopefully just getting the rookie mistakes out of the way. I really hope he can control the turnovers and start really taking advantage of his strengths. He has a strong arm, isn't afraid to uncork the longball, throws well on the run and has solid mobility.

I wish we were winning some of these games. We should be 3-1 right now. However, there's upside to being 1-3. We can look forward to a good draft pick, which we can use on a receiver or defensive back. PEACE.
Zasterror
RealGM
And1: 10,019

Post#220 » by Zasterror » Wed Oct 3, 2012 2:44 pm

Hartline is the best receiver in the AFC!!!! Lol

Return to Miami Dolphins