Miami Dolphins Thread

DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Re: Miami Dolphins/Marlins Thread 

Post#61 » by DefenseWins » Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:33 am

Pimpwerx wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6NGOIKO3AM[/youtube]
LOL! Ozzie cracks me up. He tells it like it is. No one wants Heath Bell taking the mound. Dude is single-handedly killing this team. PEACE.

LOL
RoadWarriorZ
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#62 » by RoadWarriorZ » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:09 am

DefenseWins wrote:
Pimpwerx wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H6NGOIKO3AM[/youtube]
LOL! Ozzie cracks me up. He tells it like it is. No one wants Heath Bell taking the mound. Dude is single-handedly killing this team. PEACE.

LOL

These are the times when Ozzie's mouth is an asset to this franchise.
RoadWarriorZ
Sophomore

Post#63 » by RoadWarriorZ » Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:33 pm

Phins trying to change logo?
LoveMyHeat
Rookie
And1: 1,011

Post#64 » by LoveMyHeat » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:11 pm

RoadWarriorZ wrote:Phins trying to change logo?

Just give me this and I'll be happy:

babycry14
Pro Prospect
And1: 131

Post#65 » by babycry14 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:00 am

Can one of you guys tell me how long Stanton is out for?

I thought I heard somewhere that he was out for 41-42 weeks, but I'm not sure if I misheard what was said or not, just want to make sure.
ImageImageImage
RoadWarriorZ
Sophomore

Post#66 » by RoadWarriorZ » Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:50 pm

babycry14 wrote:Can one of you guys tell me how long Stanton is out for?

I thought I heard somewhere that he was out for 41-42 weeks, but I'm not sure if I misheard what was said or not, just want to make sure.

Ozzie mentioned "a month or 6 weeks". I haven't heard anything about 41-42 weeks.
RoadWarriorZ
Sophomore

Post#67 » by RoadWarriorZ » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:29 pm

babycry14
Pro Prospect
And1: 131

Post#68 » by babycry14 » Sun Jul 15, 2012 9:56 pm

RoadWarriorZ wrote:
babycry14 wrote:Can one of you guys tell me how long Stanton is out for?

Ozzie mentioned "a month or 6 weeks". I haven't heard anything about 41-42 weeks.

OK thanks, I knew it couldn't possibly be that long.
ImageImageImage
Banned User
And1: 536

Post#69 » by 420 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:15 am

Has there ever been a team that spent a lot of money in the offseason to put a contender together and ended up missing the playoffs?

The Marlins are a joke (I say this as a big fan).
Slot Machine
Head Coach
And1: 4,566

Post#70 » by Slot Machine » Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:39 pm

420 wrote:Has there ever been a team that spent a lot of money in the offseason to put a contender together and ended up missing the playoffs?

Last year's Eagles.
The Bunk wrote:God I hate this fraudulent clown.

I've never wanted to punch someone in the face so badly. Really hoping to run into him at a game one day. I won't hesitate.
This IsMy House
General Manager
And1: 190

Post#71 » by This IsMy House » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:56 pm

Chalm Down Bro wrote:
420 wrote:Has there ever been a team that spent a lot of money in the offseason to put a contender together and ended up missing the playoffs?

Last year's Eagles.

Sorry but they didnt pull in half the talent that Philly did last year and failed with. Yes they made upgrads but Zambrano was a gamble IMO, and I never really thought bell was all that good. It is crazy how poorly theyre doing though with some of the talent that they have.
I Stand With The []_[]!
Pimpwerx
Banned User
And1: 78

Post#72 » by Pimpwerx » Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:26 pm

This IsMy House wrote:
Chalm Down Bro wrote:

Last year's Eagles.

Sorry but they didnt pull in half the talent that Philly did last year and failed with. Yes they made upgrads but Zambrano was a gamble IMO, and I never really thought bell was all that good. It is crazy how poorly theyre doing though with some of the talent that they have.

Iggles weren't as big an improvement over their previous season, but when they were signing all those guys, they looked scary. Then...the lulz happened. :lol: PEACE.
DefenseWins
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,554

Post#73 » by DefenseWins » Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:04 am

Sigh.... the name hasn't changed. Marlins have always been like this. Only when good ole Jack came, this team was amazing. I feel like they just need more time. I was hoping to ATLEAST make the playoffs but it does seem unlikely, especially with Stanton out.

We are 6 back in the wildcard I think.

We can still make it but... we'd have to go on a long ass winning streak.

Also Boni was injured earlier too. I felt like that impacted us too. He was stealing everything then BAM! injured.

Only Philly right now is in our boat, even worse. Their payroll is like 60mil more than ours. But injuries have really hurt them. Heck, they even got knocked out in the 1st round last year.

Heath Bell has been the down fall of this whole thing though. We signed him to close and he can't do it on a consistent basis. Good team o n paper... they need more time I guess... developing lol.
playboyj305
Junior
And1: 79

Post#74 » by playboyj305 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 12:13 pm

i just don't see the Marlins making the playoffs. They should begin planning for next year. The Marlins need to score in the 1st Round of the draft. they havent gotten a good 1st round draft pick since drafting Josh Beckett. Also, Marlins recruiting staff has not done well in the free agency either. Hanley and Bell are not panning out. And Reyes has been ok, but not what we expected. Overall our starting pitching has been ok, but our hitting has been such a disappontment.
Pimpwerx
Banned User
And1: 78

Post#75 » by Pimpwerx » Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:19 am

Grabbed my Phins season tix from my parents' place yesterday. I'm looking forward to seeing how Moore, Tannehill, Clay and Bush progress this season. I want to see Bush get 1000 yards rushing again, Clay develop into the TE/FB of the future, Tannehill learning how to run the offense and Moore bringing the passion and fire again.

I'll be pissed if Garrard gets the start, becauce Moore wasn't just one our best players last season, he also played with passion. Dude had a fire that elevated everyone else's game. He and Bush were the only real rays of hope last season. Dude deserves to lead the charge this season. He did nothing wrong IMO. PEACE.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#76 » by GameTime_3 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:28 pm

Excited for Training Camp 2012! I'll be there walking around. Watching how Tannehill and Co. look. Philbin is the right man for the job by all accounts so far. Anyone else going? July 28th, 8am?
Vertical Limit
RealGM
And1: 5,406

Post#77 » by Vertical Limit » Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:47 pm

Well Tannehill still hasn't been signed due to our lovely capologist trying to put some offset language in the contract (mainly because it's pretty much a conclusion he will be the third string quarterback).
heatwillbeback
RealGM
And1: 13,182

Post#78 » by heatwillbeback » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:50 pm

anibal and infante gone

I expect Nolasco to be gone soon.
RoadWarriorZ
Sophomore

Post#79 » by RoadWarriorZ » Mon Jul 23, 2012 11:14 pm

From Marlins FB page:
BREAKING NEWS: The Marlins have acquired one of baseball's top starting pitching prospects, SP Jacob Turner, along with C Rob Brantly, LHP Brian Flynn and a swap of draft picks, in exchange for SP Anibal Sanchez and 2B Omar Infante.
heat4life
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 6,258

Post#80 » by heat4life » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:36 pm

Can't blame the Marlins for the shake up. This team is not winning much and it lack leaders in the clubhouse to steer the ship right. I liked Infante but we can do without him. IMO, the big problem is Hanley's lack of leadership. This is just a collection of high paid baseball players with no team mentality.
ROAD TO THE CHAMPIONSHIP

Return to Miami Dolphins