ImageImageImage

J. Taylor keep or goodbye

JSB
Sophomore
And1: 0

J. Taylor keep or goodbye 

Post#1 » by JSB » Sun Apr 18, 2010 3:35 am

I say keep him. Good player still but has a lot of heart and plays hard every down. Hes not as good as he once was but I still say he is and always will be a dolphin
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Re: J. Taylor keep or goodbye 

Post#2 » by GameTime_3 » Sun Apr 18, 2010 7:17 am

I say keep him, draft Dan Williams or Earl Thomas and draft a LB next year. Who knows, we may have something C.Wake next year. J. Taylor has meant so much to this team, its hard for me to say"Go to NY".
Scum Freezebag
Sixth Man
And1: 22

Post#3 » by Scum Freezebag » Sun Apr 18, 2010 2:46 pm

Taylor's running on fumes, but I don't think we're in any position to turn away LBs. Even after the draft -- which I suspect will net us at least two new linebackers -- we could use the live bodies. I'm sure all he's really looking for is an offer, any offer. Bring him back.

And I completely understand that this is a business (and I almost never begrudge a player for manipulating this business for his own benefit) but I'm disappointed that Taylor's even entertaining the thought of playing for the Jets. Just based on principle alone, it feels wrong. Zach Thomas didn't want to have anything to do with New England when he was looking for a job, and I figured Taylor would feel the same way towards New York...even if for nothing more than spite. Couldn't he have found any other team to play kissy-face with?
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,623

Post#4 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Apr 18, 2010 10:14 pm

The thought of Taylor with the Jets makes me want to puke. So did the idea of Tomlinson there. However both have little left to offer so it wouldn't make too much of a difference.
I think we should resign Taylor but I also think Cameron Wake is going to be a big time player next year for us so I don't care either way if we keep him or not.

Return to Miami Dolphins