ImageImageImage

Henne out?

Mag1c Nat10n 12
Freshman
And1: 3

Henne out? 

Post#1 » by Mag1c Nat10n 12 » Mon Nov 8, 2010 3:02 pm

I really hope this monday morning (11/8), as we sit at 4-4, someone in the miami dolphins front office wakes up, smells the coffee, and realizes that its time to bench Chad Henne. I know alot of people have been putting the blame on Dan Henning, for his conservative play calling. But I think what's been hurting us the most is Henne's inability to make the big play at the times we really need them. When we need a TD in the red zone, he'll overthrow his reciever in the end zone. When we need to move the ball down the field, he'll try to roll out and force a bad pass and throw the pick. He holds on to the ball for much longer than he should be, and then gets sacked for a 8-10 yard loss. He needs to work on his field vision, because in the huddle he makes up his mind who he's going to throw to without even looking at the coverage, and when he snaps the ball he doesn't sell the pass very well because he will look only in the direction he wants to throw to, and many good CBs are ready to eat him up for lunch. I understand Coach Sprano's constant praise and confidence in this young QB, but the front office has to realize that this season is not yet over. We have a very experienced QB in Penningtion, and even though he's not explosive like Tom Brady or Peyton Manning, we are just trying to win ball games. We are 4-4, and the toughest teams on our schedule are behind us. Yes we still have cold weather games in NY and NE, but to me those games are winnable. Pittsburgh, NYJ, and New England are all looking good on paper, and atop the AFC, but we could have beat all three of those teams. So I think we have the right personnel to get to the playoffs, it's just going to come down to how effectively we use these players down the stretch to see if we can reach our potential as a possible 10-11 win team this season, or just settle for a sub-par 7-9 or 8-8 at best.
levinsonesq
Freshman
And1: 0

Re: Henne out? 

Post#2 » by levinsonesq » Tue Nov 9, 2010 6:59 pm

'Possible 10-11 win team' - sure it's possible, but FYI, our over/under on wins was closer to 8.5 at the start of the season.

How are we complaining, we beat the Viks on the road, the Packers on the road, and we were robbed against the Steelers at home (all indications that we can play). Our worst loss was to the Pats and we were in that game until a couple of blunders in the 3rd (expected from a young team against the Pats).

..and you said it, other than the game in New England to close out the year (and maybe the game @ NYJ), we have a decent chance of winning the remainder of our games...

...problem is, Pennington will not do it for us. He is only capable of doing the thing that fins fans complain about the most - playing it safe. Also, he is too much of an injury liability and he seriously reduces the value of Marshall. Henning's 'soft' playing calling is the only play calling that works with Pennington...he can't get the ball down the field due to arm strength and even if he could, there's too much risk in letting him stand in the pocket long enough to let the receivers get separation down the field.

After the Titans, Chicago, Oakland, and Cleveland games this can be revisited, but complaining about Henne at this point isn't fair - especially when the guys behind him are so clearly not the answer.
Proud Member of: The Florida Bar since '09 and RealGM since '05
http://BrowardLegal.com: A Boutique Divorce & Family Law Firm
Free Phone Consult to RealGM Members - Main Office: Fort Lauderdale, FL
MadPT
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#3 » by MadPT » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:31 pm

Good Call.

Chad Henne benched; Chad Pennington to start Sunday vs. Titans

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-dolphins-quarterback-change-henne-111010,0,770544.story
levinsonesq
Freshman

Post#4 » by levinsonesq » Wed Nov 10, 2010 9:05 pm

Horrible. Coach is just trying to save his job, again, Pennington is not the future - he is a ticking time-bomb. Smile while we win an extra game at most...this is stunting our growth.
TheOGJabroni
Head Coach
And1: 1,992

Post#5 » by TheOGJabroni » Thu Nov 11, 2010 7:24 pm

If the FO believes Henne is not our future, this move gets an A from me.

I liked Henne's game at first but really, I think I mostly liked the fact we now have a QB that is capable of throwing the ball downfield. Too bad he never did. I really hope we look at a QB in this draft with a few studs available. It was a waste of a pick but its probably time to move on from Henne already.
JSB
Sophomore

Post#6 » by JSB » Fri Nov 12, 2010 1:00 am

Yeah he will prob be a great back up like all of our qbs for years now. I like Pennington but I just hope he can throw the ball more than 10 yards lol
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,623

Post#7 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:15 am

I'm fine with Pennington starting again for us. You people act like he can't hum the ball more than 15 yards and thats just not true. How many 50 yard bombs are actually thrown a game? I think we can win these next four games and make a nice run towards the playoffs even with Pennington starting. This shakeup with Henne suggests to me that he just isn't the answer for us and in a way it's a bit of a relief for me personally because I am very high on some of the college QB's that will be available come draft day. Ryan Mallet, Jake Locker, Andrew Luck, and Cam Newton should be studied very hard by the Miami front office from here on out.
WD
RealGM
And1: 3,234

Post#8 » by WD » Sun Nov 14, 2010 10:36 pm

Great Dolphins win today, sorry it had to come at the expense of the QB's - I don't know much about thigpen, but he did seam fired up.
#HEATLifer
levinsonesq
Freshman

Post#9 » by levinsonesq » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:28 pm

I'm playing the lottery this week. Anyone want to know what numbers I'm going with???
MiamiNative0722
Banned User

Post#10 » by MiamiNative0722 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:47 am

Tyler thigpen, mix of Dan Marino and Michael Vick
levinsonesq
Freshman

Post#11 » by levinsonesq » Tue Nov 16, 2010 4:17 pm

MiamiNative0722 wrote:Tyler thigpen, mix of Dan Marino and Michael Vick

I assume we are finishing the year 12-4 too???
MiamiNative0722
Banned User

Post#12 » by MiamiNative0722 » Wed Nov 17, 2010 3:03 am

levinsonesq wrote:
MiamiNative0722 wrote:Tyler thigpen, mix of Dan Marino and Michael Vick

I assume we are finishing the year 12-4 too???

Lmao I was kidding, henne would be a lot better though if hennign was banned from the NFL he is the worst offensive coordinator ive ever seen it's shocking he isn't mobbed off the team
ExplosionsInDaSky
RealGM
And1: 4,623

Post#13 » by ExplosionsInDaSky » Thu Nov 18, 2010 12:23 am

I'm all for Thigpen getting a chance to show his stuff. He tore it up in KC a couple of years ago and I really really like him as a QB.

Return to Miami Dolphins