ImageImageImageImageImage

Same old moderators...

Moderator: nykgeneralmanager

Abraham Lincoln
Banned User
And1: 0

Same old moderators... 

Post#1 » by Abraham Lincoln » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:22 am

Why can't someone new be a moderator? How about me?
nykgeneralmanager
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 306

Re: Same old moderators... 

Post#2 » by nykgeneralmanager » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:30 am

Abraham Lincoln wrote:Why can't someone new be a moderator? How about me?

I was never a moderator...
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,057

Post#3 » by Pharmcat » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:54 am

if aint broke, then dont fix it :D
MazzNets
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by MazzNets » Mon Apr 2, 2007 6:30 am

lol, everyone wants to be a mod. i look foward to posting on this board and not making it as homerish as others. i realize it has that type of potential (especially given the amount of knicks posters about to post J/K)
"Listen ref, don't make me go Opie Dope!"
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,191

Post#5 » by moocow007 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 1:10 pm

Your check bounced. :D
HCYanks
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#6 » by HCYanks » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:35 pm

<<<Brand new mod.

moocow007 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Your check bounced. :D

That's why I stick with direct cash payments of my bribes. :)
VinnyTheMick
RealGM
And1: 5

Post#7 » by VinnyTheMick » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:29 pm

Ex presidents can't become forum mods. It's in the constitution.
http://www.nyccan.org/
Ask questions. Demand answers.
A foolish faith in authority is the worst enemy of truth.- Albert Einstein
ElMatatan
General Manager
And1: 487

Post#8 » by ElMatatan » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:44 pm

mods are cool....LETS GO YANKS!!
NY State of Mind
Abraham Lincoln
Banned User

Post#9 » by Abraham Lincoln » Mon Apr 2, 2007 7:47 pm

Is it okay if I request to become one?

That's not a knock on anyone else here, I just want to become an MOD.
nyknicks2k2
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 593

Post#10 » by nyknicks2k2 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 7:50 pm

Abraham Lincoln wrote:Is it okay if I request to become one?

No.

No sarcasm either. The best way to become a mod is to not bring it up.
Clincher
General Manager
And1: 733

Post#11 » by Clincher » Mon Apr 2, 2007 8:09 pm

If you want to become a mod, post at least 5 posts at the Royals forum.

Thats more then what they have now.
Proposition Joe
Banned User

Post#12 » by Proposition Joe » Mon Apr 2, 2007 10:28 pm

nyknicks2k2 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

No.

No sarcasm either. The best way to become a mod is to not bring it up.

which just means mr. president you doomed yourself. :lol:
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#13 » by xNewYorkMadex » Mon Apr 2, 2007 10:34 pm

The best way to become a mod is to make quality post and i think be well respected by others
Andrea Bargnani nYk 2013-2015
Proposition Joe
Banned User

Post#14 » by Proposition Joe » Mon Apr 2, 2007 11:08 pm

xTheHunterx wrote:The best way to become a mod is to make quality post and i think be well respected by others

so that means you have no chance :lol:
xNewYorkMadex
General Manager
And1: 5,758

Post#15 » by xNewYorkMadex » Tue Apr 3, 2007 4:56 am

Exactly :D
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 579

Post#16 » by Vator » Tue Apr 3, 2007 7:39 pm

Abraham Lincoln wrote:Is it okay if I request to become one?

That's not a knock on anyone else here, I just want to become an MOD.

This is ironic to me considering not even 2 months ago and only 9 days after you became a member here, you came out of nowhere and attacked me on the Houston Rockets board for no reason. Oh wait, because I jokingly called some random fan I saw on TV after they put the camera on him during the game a loser. You actually made a warning worthy post directed at me that I turned the other cheek on and in the process you took a shot at moderators and now all of a sudden, you want to be a moderator. Things like that don't go unnoticed. Seriously, I'm not trying to come here to argue with you or stir you up, I'm just being real with you because you posed a question in regards to the process. If you really want to be a mod just contribute quality posts and try not to do things that can get you warnings such as getting into a bunch of flame wars with guys and personal attacks.
Proposition Joe
Banned User

Post#17 » by Proposition Joe » Tue Apr 3, 2007 9:41 pm

vator wrote:This is ironic to me considering not even 2 months ago and only 9 days after you became a member here, you came out of nowhere and attacked me on the Houston Rockets board for no reason. Oh wait, because I jokingly called some random fan I saw on TV after they put the camera on him during the game a loser. You actually made a warning worthy post directed at me that I turned the other cheek on and in the process you took a shot at moderators and now all of a sudden, you want to be a moderator. Things like that don't go unnoticed. Seriously, I'm not trying to come here to argue with you or stir you up, I'm just being real with you because you posed a question in regards to the process. If you really want to be a mod just contribute quality posts and try not to do things that can get you warnings such as getting into a bunch of flame wars with guys and personal attacks like this one.

and yet you are. save your drama queen posts for your
own board. consider this ya first warning from prop joe.

where's chris and snoop when you need 'em. 8)
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#18 » by Vator » Tue Apr 3, 2007 10:05 pm

Proposition Joe wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

and yet you are. save your drama queen posts for your
own board. consider this ya first warning from prop joe.

where's chris and snoop when you need 'em. 8)

Why do I have to be a drama queen? LOL, that isn't nice at all. You really should try to express yourself in ways without calling people names. You hurt my feelings. :cry:

First warning eh? So what happens on my second? :wink:
Abraham Lincoln
Banned User

Post#19 » by Abraham Lincoln » Tue Apr 3, 2007 10:14 pm

vator wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

This is ironic to me considering not even 2 months ago and only 9 days after you became a member here, you came out of nowhere and attacked me on the Houston Rockets board for no reason. Oh wait, because I jokingly called some random fan I saw on TV after they put the camera on him during the game a loser. You actually made a warning worthy post directed at me that I turned the other cheek on and in the process you took a shot at moderators and now all of a sudden, you want to be a moderator. Things like that don't go unnoticed. Seriously, I'm not trying to come here to argue with you or stir you up, I'm just being real with you because you posed a question in regards to the process. If you really want to be a mod just contribute quality posts and try not to do things that can get you warnings such as getting into a bunch of flame wars with guys and personal attacks.

"Attacked" you? "No reason"?

First off, there wasn't an attack and second off you were openly flaming a fan at the game for being there every game and supporting their player. After that you started going on different tangents. I never attacked you or did anything and even then you mentioned nothing about a "warning." We had some banter back and forth and you agreed you were out of line, or so I remember. Don't try to turn this around on me. All I did was come in and defend some random guy none of us know but one guy who doesn't deserve to be dissed because of his weight, nationality, etc for no reason. There was no attack but there was a reason. Get it straight.

If that doesn't make me MOD, then that's pretty sad. But what can you do when you have moderators flaming other people and they are "ok" because they're moderators? Doesn't matter to me. It's cool.

Later.
Vator
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#20 » by Vator » Tue Apr 3, 2007 10:22 pm

Abraham Lincoln wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

"Attacked" you? "No reason"?

First off, there wasn't an attack and second off you were openly flaming a fan at the game for being there every game and supporting their player. After that you started going on different tangents. I never attacked you or did anything and even then you mentioned nothing about a "warning." We had some banter back and forth and you agreed you were out of line, or so I remember. Don't try to turn this around on me. All I did was come in and defend some random guy none of us know but one guy who doesn't deserve to be dissed because of his weight, nationality, etc for no reason. There was no attack but there was a reason. Get it straight.

If that doesn't make me MOD, than that's pretty sad. But what can you do when you have moderators flaming other people and they are "ok" because they're moderators? Doesn't matter to me. It's cool.

Later.

I said some random guy on TV was a loser and I wouldn't have had I known you would get offended by it so much. Same as when people call a player or coach out which happens here all the time. It was a joke. Dude, I'm not keeping you from being a mod. I was using that as an example because I have seen you in your fair share of arguments with people while browsing around RealGM. This is actually the post you directed at me. I edited it out of my first comment but just to refresh your memory.

Abraham Lincoln wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

You're the loser because you feel the need to make fun of a person you don't even know. So instead of laughing at some fat guy you don't know, go to the gym and lose a few pounds yourself and for the love of God, get out of your mother's basement. Being a moderator is not an honor. Living life is. Thank you.

That was appropriate? No, I don't think so. I never warned you about that post but I could have if I got sensitive about it. Just trying to point you in the right direction. You were new. Some people don't understand that certain things can get you in trouble here. You asked about being a mod and I was just trying to bring to your attention that you might want to tone it down some if that is really something you want to be able do. My bad. Like I said, I am not trying to argue with you. Seriously...

Return to New York Yankees