The Official NL East Scoreboard

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,525

The Official NL East Scoreboard 

Post#1 » by blueNorange » Mon Apr 2, 2007 8:46 pm

:clap:
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.
eviL
Lead Assistant
And1: 12

Post#2 » by eviL » Mon Apr 2, 2007 9:07 pm

I don't mind seeing the Phillies lose to any team in baseball. They have been given WAY too much credit as being the strongest team in the east, especially by Met haters. I'd like the world to come back to it's senses and realize who the true powerhouse is.

This topic is a good idea, please sticky.
gooGD
Rookie
And1: 0

Re: The Official NL East Scoreboard 

Post#3 » by gooGD » Tue Apr 3, 2007 3:25 am

blueNorange wrote:Philthies

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
OoAnd1
Head Coach
And1: 14

Post#4 » by OoAnd1 » Tue Apr 3, 2007 5:19 pm

Don't be surprised if the Marlins sweep the Phillies. Only the Braves in the NL east can compare to the Marlins' pitching.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#5 » by blueNorange » Wed Apr 4, 2007 4:13 am

Marlins beat the Nationals ... I'll wait until the Marlins face good competition.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,884

Post#6 » by Jose7 » Wed Apr 4, 2007 7:48 pm

AHAHAAHAHA!

Jorge Julio blows a save for the Marlins.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
YungNeef
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#7 » by YungNeef » Wed Apr 4, 2007 8:14 pm

I can't believe he blew a save. Looks like the old Julio might be back.
OoAnd1
Head Coach

Post#8 » by OoAnd1 » Thu Apr 5, 2007 5:10 am

Julio didn't really pitch bad. He had good stuff but the batters were just picking up the pitches as soon as they left his hand. He threw a lot of borderline pitches with good movement but the batters took them for balls and when Julio was forced to throw strikes, they capitalized.

Every closer blows games. I won't say I'm not concerned but I'm not worried about him. Our real closer is on the DL right now anyway, when Tank comes back our bullpen as a whole will become much stronger.

Don't get too comfortable in first.

P.S. I can't wait to face the Cardinals...they look terrible, you guys are lucky!
Jose7
RealGM

Post#9 » by Jose7 » Thu Apr 5, 2007 5:12 am

OoAnd1 wrote:Julio didn't really pitch bad. He had good stuff but the batters were just picking up the pitches as soon as they left his hand. He threw a lot of borderline pitches with good movement but the batters took them for balls and when Julio was forced to throw strikes, they capitalized.

Every closer blows games. I won't say I'm not concerned but I'm not worried about him. Our real closer is on the DL right now anyway, when Tank comes back our bullpen as a whole will become much stronger.

P.S. I can't wait to face the Cardinals...they look terrible, you guys are lucky!

We limited Pujols the entire series, do you really think this monster wont burst out of his cage? Shouldnt wish on anything.
BAF Suns

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#10 » by blueNorange » Thu Apr 5, 2007 6:07 am

OoAnd1 wrote:Julio didn't really pitch bad. He had good stuff but the batters were just picking up the pitches as soon as they left his hand. He threw a lot of borderline pitches with good movement but the batters took them for balls and when Julio was forced to throw strikes, they capitalized.

Jorge Julio sucks ... he has a career 4.26 ERA as a closer and for his career is 99 out 125 in save situations. That's a career 79% ... not good for a closer.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#11 » by blueNorange » Thu Apr 5, 2007 8:46 pm

dammit ... the Atlanta Cowards are beating the Philthies 8-1 ... crap I don't want the Cowards to gain confidence, come to Rollins .... pull some BS outta your ass and boost the confidence of your team the hell up.

with that said the Philthies pitching sucks ... outside of the wife beater and Hammels ... they stink.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
Jose7
RealGM

Post#12 » by Jose7 » Thu Apr 5, 2007 9:03 pm

Your going to update standings?

Remember, draft at 8 bitch. I'll see you later.
BAF Suns

blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#13 » by blueNorange » Thu Apr 5, 2007 9:09 pm

[quote="Jose7
LOL Y U MAD THO?
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian

Post#14 » by blueNorange » Wed Apr 11, 2007 6:41 pm

The Braves won last night(arghh)

and Marlins game was suspended ... maybe OoAndnothing should tell us what's gonna happen.
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mjhp911
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by mjhp911 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:46 am

Ugh, I thought we were done with those Bravos after last season...
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#16 » by Lord Commander » Thu Apr 12, 2007 3:47 pm

mjhp911 wrote:Ugh, I thought we were done with those Bravos after last season...

We are. They got a little lucky with us and their other two series wins came against the sucky Nats and slumping Philly. I fully expect the Braves to battle injuries. they're not deep so the injuries should take their toll.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,088

Post#17 » by High 5 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:17 pm

ToHoleWithSoul wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

We are. They got a little lucky with us and their other two series wins came against the sucky Nats and slumping Philly. I fully expect the Braves to battle injuries. they're not deep so the injuries should take their toll.

So basically you're praying for injuries so you can have a chance at winning the East? I guess that would be the only way. Hopefully Redman doesn't have to pitch the next time we play you so we can win all three games. :wink:
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,977

Post#18 » by Manhattan Project » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:51 pm

High 5 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

So basically you're praying for injuries so you can have a chance at winning the East? I guess that would be the only way. Hopefully Redman doesn't have to pitch the next time we play you so we can win all three games. :wink:

Personally aside from Smoltz they dont have one pitcher that scares me. There offense is really not that good, still relying on the duo of JonesNJones. Yeah Mcann is good, but it still comes down to them two. I think they are two good years away from being able to compete again with us. Make no mistake about it, you stole Soriano and Gonzalez away. We did a similar move with Burgos.

However until all of the kids develop Braves should be floating slightly above 500.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Lord Commander
Head Coach
And1: 1,780

Post#19 » by Lord Commander » Thu Apr 12, 2007 6:52 pm

High 5 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If you read my post carefully, you would have seen that I thought you guys got lucky last weekend. All the injuries would do is help us widen the gap to say, 15 games instead of 10 :wink: It's not like you thoroughly handled us on Saturday and Sunday. One bounce either way and you would have lost all three (i.e, Green's lineout on Saturday). Lets be real, do you feel that the Braves offense is superior to the Mets? And if you feel that the pitching staff is superior, is it enough to make up for where your lineup falls short?
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,088

Post#20 » by High 5 » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:00 pm

The Mets are definitely superior offensively, but the Braves are definitely superior defensively. From pitching to fielding. Great defense usually beats great offense. That's how we won the few division titles before you guys were finally able to takeover.

Injuries are the only thing that are going to derail this season. But I'm not even worried about the regular season, it's the playoffs when we start underachieving.

Return to New York Mets