Image Image Image Image

Cubs VS Reds 4/4/07 Game Thread (Game 2 of 162)

Posey H8er
RealGM
And1: 64

Post#121 » by Posey H8er » Thu Apr 5, 2007 3:16 am

SportsWorld wrote:Yeah I saw Blanco made it I just didn't hear the part about Murton being catcher. That's fine. It didn't cost us.

He said he played catcher once is HS. :crazy:
Goods:
Lilly
Pinella Yelling at Dempster

Bads:
No HR's yet
Not the BIG offense we want.
mattbulls
Head Coach
And1: 127

Post#122 » by mattbulls » Thu Apr 5, 2007 3:32 am

When I saw that Lou yelled at Dempster during the highlights, I got super happy!
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#123 » by SportsWorld » Thu Apr 5, 2007 4:17 am

This is the difference you see between Lou and Dusty. Dusty would say "Nice job Demps"
Someone please shut down http://www.fireloupiniella.net/
Flames24Rulz
Head Coach
And1: 343

Post#124 » by Flames24Rulz » Thu Apr 5, 2007 5:16 am

SportsWorld wrote:This is the difference you see between Lou and Dusty. Dusty would say "Nice job Demps"
Someone please shut down http://www.fireloupiniella.net/

Pretty pathetic that someone would make a site like that already. But then again, I'm not too terribly surprised.
SportsWorld
RealGM

Post#125 » by SportsWorld » Thu Apr 5, 2007 5:59 am

Their reasons are so stupid:
Reason #1
From the Chicago Sun Times on October 17, 2006
Sources confirmed Monday that Larry Rothschild, who has spent the last five years as the Cubs' pitching coach, will return in that same role on Piniellas' staff.

Why would any big league team want to keep a pitching coach whose staff has lead the league in walks? Why would a big league team want a pitching coach whose pitchers seems to break down all the time? Why? Because Lou wants him. What a joke. The Cubs need a manager who can bring in a real pitching coach.

CONFIRMED!
Rothschild has signed a 2 year contract to be Piniellas' pitching coach. What a stupid move and for this alone, Piniella should be gone.

Rothschild is a good coach.

Reason #2
Lou Piniella is just Dusty Baker with a temper. He abuses pitchers like Dusty. He doesn
SportsWorld
RealGM

Post#126 » by SportsWorld » Thu Apr 5, 2007 6:01 am

Not only that but the site owner is a lying piece of s***. Come on this was not a joke. He is probably a little kid.
OK Folks, since the seasons about to start, I thought I should finally reveal the truth about this website. First off, I do want to say that I am truly a huge Cub fan. I have been a season ticket holder for over 20 years. When all the talk started about Lou Piniella managing the Cubs, I was disappointed, as he was not my 1st choice, but I was willing to see what happened. Then I started hearing all the reasons why Lou should not be the manager. When he was eventually hired, I heard even more reasons why he should not have been hired. I collected a couple of the reasons I heard, and started this website up because I figured that if someone was going to start this up, it might as well be someone who really doesn't have a real axe to grind against Lou. The reasons listed here were either found on Cubs related blogs, message boards or on local Chicago sports radio. This site was started up as a joke. Then the word got around about it, and people started taking this site seriously. It even got some Main Stream Media attention. My guestbook started filling up and my email started to be filled up with some real nasty emails. I thought the tip off that I was not serious would be the "Because Someone Had To Start This Up".

I have to say that you guys out there in Cubs Nation take yourselves way too seriously. The season is now about to start. Everyone, Chill out. Go to the games, enjoy a cold Old Style and just sit back and relax and enjoy "Our Chicago Cubs" and don't worry about what some dunderhead who has a couple of bucks to waste and starts up a website has to say. Make up your own minds.

Cubfan102
ORL
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 64

Post#127 » by ORL » Thu Apr 5, 2007 4:32 pm

2poor wrote:SW, that MLB2k7/MLB.TV 14 day trial works now, http://mlb.tv/2ksports

They're also doing a free 5-day trial of it for everyone, so I might just do that to start, cancel it, then cash in the 14-day free trial. 20 days from now I'll certainly have Extra Innings squared away at home. Might drop the $15 on the gameday audio so I can listen to day games at work though.

edit: never mind :oops:

Return to Chicago Cubs