Patriots - Super Bowl LII "Time to finish off the 6 pack"

Moderator: Parliament10

Smitty731
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 24,771

Re: OT: Patriots 

Post#21 » by Smitty731 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:26 am

I gotta say: It still trips me out that people share my tweets on these boards. After years of seeing other's shared, it really makes a guy feel good.

As always, I love you guys and appreciate all your support.
colaroaster
Sixth Man
And1: 796
Location: jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge

Post#22 » by colaroaster » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:40 am

pats earned it. what a dynasty to witness, they find a weakness and exploit it. fundamentally sound all away around.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
jp morgan, rockefellers, rothschild, vanderbilt, danny ainge
OldCeltics
Veteran
And1: 2,731

Post#23 » by OldCeltics » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:06 am

Roddy wrote:
OldCeltics wrote:easy win despite come back

Sent from my SM-G930V using RealGM mobile app

Easy win ? You are a joke

I was kinda joking.

However, I've seen Brady make like 20 comebacks, a few live at Gillete. I didn't doubt for a second that it was going to be a win. Did you?
OldCeltics
Veteran

Post#24 » by OldCeltics » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:19 am

Any predictions against Eagles? They look good on both ends.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 54,757

Post#25 » by Parliament10 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:21 am

Smitty731 wrote:I gotta say: It still trips me out that people share my tweets on these boards. After years of seeing other's shared, it really makes a guy feel good.

As always, I love you guys and appreciate all your support.

You are an Elite and Legitimate Sports Reporter.
No Doubt.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#26 » by Parliament10 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:23 am

OldCeltics wrote:
Roddy wrote:

I was kinda joking.

However, I've seen Brady make like 20 comebacks, a few live at Gillete. I didn't doubt for a second that it was going to be a win. Did you?

After that Super Bowl Turnaround. Nothing Surprises me with this Team.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,573

Post#27 » by K For Three » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:23 am

It is destiny.

They won three Super Bowl's in the early 2000's and capped it off beating the Eagles. Then Weiss and Crennel left.

Now it's 2018 and they are about to cap off the final one again of three against the Eagles. This time McDaniels and Patricia are leaving.

The only two on every one of these Super Bowl winning teams has been the QB and HC.
celticfan42487
RealGM
And1: 15,284

Post#28 » by celticfan42487 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:25 am

OldCeltics wrote:
Roddy wrote:

I was kinda joking.

It was easy for me to feel that way too because I'm not a real NFL fan like I am a Celtics fan.

But I did say outloud to my friends as they were heading into the fourth after the Jags shut them out in teh third that for some reason I just can't see the Jags winning this game. I mean it's the Jags.

Which was a bit of surprise to everyone as by nature I'm a cautious and worrier type fan. Again, most of that has to do with 15 years of dominance and a league that over the past 8 years where all the analysis you want can be summed up into basically elite QBs beat teams that don't have elite QBs.

The comeback was the first one in awhile I actually felt anything watching the Pats and was actually a little interested in the game. I guess it was the first time they played a game that mattered that they were actually in a little bit of danger since last year's superbowl. But at the same time... yeah just couldn't see them losing, and it was going to take them being down by at least 14 points with like 6 minutes left in the 4th before I would have started being concerned.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics

Post#29 » by Parliament10 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:25 am

Kyrie For Three wrote:It is destiny.

They won three Super Bowl's in the early 2000's and capped it off beating the Eagles. Then Weiss and Crennel left.

Now it's 2018 and they are about to cap off the final one again of three against the Eagles. This time McDaniels and Patricia are leaving.

The only two on every one of these Super Bowl winning teams has been the QB and HC.

Don't forget the Owner, Kraft.
He's gotta play a Major part here, as well. (His Son, too.)
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
B-Ball Freak
RealGM
And1: 11,433

Post#30 » by B-Ball Freak » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:28 am

Amazing sustained success from the Patriots, we will never see anything like this again in the NFL in our lifetimes, so if your a Pats fan enjoy it.
celticfan42487
RealGM

Post#31 » by celticfan42487 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:32 am

Parliament10 wrote:

What even kind of more crazier for me personally, is I'm actually still a strong believer in ESPN 2k5 as the best football game I've ever played and while doing so it has TO on the cover for that Philly team. Along with that era of football being the kind I by far enjoyed the most and I still root for teams that play tough defense and can rely on the run + slants/screens to get it done. Then the Patriots went on that decade long drought while playing the new era of football and I still could never get into Madden.

So for all these years I've been reminded of the Pats and that early high point with a great defense and the start of the dynasty along with that crazy Eagles team.. it's never really been out of my mind. It's just crazy to relive it 14 years later. Such a defining point for my football fandom, and an era where tough defense and running still won you games (to which having the Eagles, Jags, and Vikings in the final 4 it might be the start of the defense and running era being reborn from it's long painful slumber).
K For Three
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 32,573

Post#32 » by K For Three » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:33 am

Parliament10 wrote:

lol sorry my bad. I was just going by whats on the field or sideline every game. Of course Bob Kraft since without him none of this is possible.

And yeah his son is huge too.

Of course I might be forgetting someone who works behind the scenes too. :lol:

Best QB/HC combo in history though and not even close.

And yes I admit, I did think for a a little while the Patriots might lose. Coughlin freaks me out. But then I remembered Blake Bortles isn't prime Eli Manning and "that drive" wasn't going to happen complete with a lucky fluke catch.

Hope Jags fans won't be too hard on Bortles. I think the Jags played the best postseason game I have seen a Pats opponent play in a long time IN New England. It's not their time yet but they are going to be around for a while with that defense. They sort of remind me of how the Baltimore Ravens used to look years ago with how they always were around in the postseason and giving NE a tough one.
celticfan42487
RealGM

Post#33 » by celticfan42487 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:37 am

I know Kraft gets the game ball for superbowls because he owns the team. But really does he deserve any of Bill and Brady's credit?

He was rich and bought the franchise with Bledsoe bringing it's value on the rise. And that's about it.

Sure he's not one of the 5% of owners that interfere with his GM (that we know of, and if the rumor of the insane Garapalo trade for what is essentially just to move up form the 3rd (compensation if he walked) to the 2nd round then maybe Kraft has been interfering forever and Bill just keeps it under wraps).

Really it could of been any other rich guy instead of Kraft and nothing would be different except someone else would be handed the trophy first when they won and bowed down quickly to whatever the Commish wants because that's what makes him the most money.
OldCeltics
Veteran

Post#34 » by OldCeltics » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:14 am

Any predictions against Eagles? Interested what people think of that match up.
711takeover
Veteran
And1: 2,135

Post#35 » by 711takeover » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:32 am

OldCeltics wrote:Any predictions against Eagles? Interested what people think of that match up.

I'm never gonna pick against the Pats. It'll be a close game like all Patriots Super Bowls are. I like the matchup better than I did with the Vikings - Pats potential matchup. Foles looked like Brady vs the vikings but was 2-15 as a starter this year on passes 20+ yards down the field and completed 4 all of today. Vikings have better weapons on offense imo and I think their secondary is better than the Eagles.

With that said, Eagles have a good defense and Ertz and Alshon will be tough to match up with. Eagles defense is worse than the Jags, especially the secondary. Jags had 2 all pro CBs and Cooks and Amendola went HAM on them. Pats will put up points. I'm just worried about Alshon because of his size and Ertz is debatably 2nd best TE in football right now behind Gronk. Agholor and Torrey Smith also have lighters on their feet. It'll be a helll of a game but I'm taking the Pats.
tlee324
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,405

Post#36 » by tlee324 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:17 am

OldCeltics wrote:
Roddy wrote:

I was kinda joking.

I was honestly more impressed with the defensive turnaround than the offensive one, although it was pretty amazing to see Amendola do his best Julian Edelman impersonation. He really stepped up.
celticfan42487
RealGM

Post#37 » by celticfan42487 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:22 am

711takeover wrote:
OldCeltics wrote:Any predictions against Eagles? Interested what people think of that match up.

I'm never gonna pick against the Pats. It'll be a close game like all Patriots Super Bowls are. I like the matchup better than I did with the Vikings - Pats potential matchup. Foles looked like Brady vs the vikings but was 2-15 as a starter this year on passes 20+ yards down the field and completed 4 all of today. Vikings have better weapons on offense imo and I think their secondary is better than the Eagles.

With that said, Eagles have a good defense and Ertz and Alshon will be tough to match up with. Eagles defense is worse than the Jags, especially the secondary. Jags had 2 all pro CBs and Cooks and Amendola went HAM on them. Pats will put up points. I'm just worried about Alshon because of his size and Ertz is debatably 2nd best TE in football right now behind Gronk. Agholor and Torrey Smith also have lighters on their feet. It'll be a helll of a game but I'm taking the Pats.

Well for what it's worth I thought the Eagles were just a worse version of the Vikings and were going to lose by 14 points or so in today's game.

So I have no **** idea what's going to happen.

That said I'm happy the Eagles won, on paper they're the easier matchup and even I would have trouble with the idea of a MIN team losing a superbowl in MIN. Like it's nice being the evil empire but **** at some point being evil gets to you.

But now that it's that **** hole of a fanbase and city Philly. Okay no problem, beat them by 40 they don't deserve anything good coming their way at all. And as a bonus many after the game we'll be able to hear about how Philly crowds killed santa clauses in their riots.
711takeover
Veteran
And1: 2,135

Post#38 » by 711takeover » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:26 am

celticfan42487 wrote:
711takeover wrote:

Well for what it's worth I thought the Eagles were just a worse version of the Vikings and were going to lose by 14 points or so in today's game.

So I have no **** idea what's going to happen.

That said I'm happy the Eagles won, on paper they're the easier matchup and even I would have trouble with the idea of a MIN team losing a superbowl in MIN. Like it's nice being the evil empire but **** at some point being evil gets to you.

But now that it's that **** hole of a fanbase and city Philly. Okay no problem, beat them by 40 they don't deserve anything good coming their way at all. And as a bonus many after the game we'll be able to hear about how Philly crowds killed santa clauses in their riots.

Yeah I too also thought the Vikings would win today. I was thoroughly surprised it was a blowout as I'm sure all did. Foles played out of his mind though. Belichick has 2 weeks to prepare. Eagles offense was pretty putrid with Foles until this week. Pats should be able to put points on the board which imo is the biggest concern. Since 2009 they're 13-0 I believe when scoring 21+ in playoffs and 10-6 when they don't (not sure my numbers are correct but Ik they're undefeated since 2009 when doing so!)
liveod
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,082

Post#39 » by liveod » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:48 am

I like the Eagles. It's gonna be a good game
Celtics_Champs wrote:Abby Chin always looks good. She blocked me on Twitter and to this day I have no idea and I never said anything to her. One day I will see her on sidelines and ask her why oh why.
threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,496

Post#40 » by threrf23 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:16 am

OldCeltics wrote:
I was kinda joking.

I generally had faith....but man, without Duane Harmon (ETA Gilmore not Duron Harmon), that was possibly a loss. Bortles threw a nearly perfect pass on that last (Jags) play.

Return to New England Patriots