Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

End of the regular season thoughts and awards 

Post#1 » by Celtics_Champs » Mon Dec 30, 2013 7:43 pm

what's yours?

Offense -

Brady - boy he sucked big time early on, and then went on to play one of the greatest season runs he's ever played. I love how he was able to go from poor receivers to all time greats back to poor receivers and have a steady hand and lead us to thirteen straight winning seasons. Lets hope he's got some magic left for the playoffs.

Blount - Unreal. That arm over BB at the end of the game yesterday was the best. Just signifying why BB is one of the greatest ever. Is it luck? Maybe some, but BB got this guys motor going again. I don't know if he's a FA next year or ours, but I'd like to see him in the same role.

Ridley - YIKES! Dude. hold on to the friggen ball. I was ready to cut him, but his attitude towards vereen and blount and even bolden getting the carries over him makes me think he may be able to learn. Holding on to the ball on the sidelines, cheering, etc...

Defense -

iCooter wrote:Breakout year for Chandler Jones. 15 or bust.

^^^^ stupid.

Only 11.5 and he was fantastic, far from bust. I love this dude and the attitude he brings to the game. Best defensive player of 2013.

Hightower - a sophomore slump for him. But I don't think it's anything to slam our heads on. He basically had to step up in a huge role after so many injuries.

Logan Ryan - lol, IDK who you are. We have guys like you come up with interception totals like this constantly then fade the next year. Be more like Dennard and less like Butler and I'll be cool with it.

Kicking -

Gostkowski may have played his best year we will ever see him play. Apparently he has=d three misses between thirty yards? But it didn't feel that way. I've always felt rocky since he missed a game winner or to tie a few years back, but this year he's just seemed on point. And he's had to kick much more! maybe that helps :dontknow:
Geoffrey P
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 521

Re: End of the regular season thoughts and awards 

Post#2 » by Geoffrey P » Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:28 pm

I didn't expect them to have this record even with most of the players healthy. I mean, who the hell are Thompkins, Mulligan, Chris Jones, etc. They pulled half of this team out of nowhere.

No Welker, Branch, Hernandez, Gronk, Woodhead, Lloyd. Instead they basically have no TE, a useless Amendola with a few rookie WRs and Edelman, and Blount who they got for 7th rounder and Jeff freaking Demps. The guy who says track and field is more important than football!

Defense with no Wilfork, Kelly, Mayo, Vollmer, a useless Gregory...

Also I hate seeing Ridley fumble but when you look at the numbers of other players...
Peterson, Morris, Bush, Tate with 5
Mendenhall, Charles, Bell, Ridley, Spiller, Lynch with 4
A bunch more with 3

The only difference is that all of his fumbles were lost while most of the others had at least one recovered.
Parliament10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 54,569

Post#3 » by Parliament10 » Tue Dec 31, 2013 1:12 am

Julian Edelman’s 100-Catch, 1,000-Yard Season

http://nesn.com/2013/12/julian-edelmans ... come-easy/
Edelman became the third Patriots player in team history to catch over 100 passes in a season on Sunday in the Patriots’ 34-20 win over the Buffalo Bills. He added 1,000 yards on the year for good measure, too. It wasn’t Edelman’s best game this season, but it was the one that put him over those important milestones.

Edelman has been a ray of sunshine on what could have been a very bleak team, considering all the injuries.
"You have to put the work in.
Nothing is given."

~ Jayson Tatum
threrf23
RealGM
And1: 4,478

Post#4 » by threrf23 » Fri Jan 3, 2014 5:49 am

OT - but Jay Cutler? People say Joe Flacco is overpaid...
Geoffrey P
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 521

Post#5 » by Geoffrey P » Sun Jan 5, 2014 1:33 am

threrf23 wrote:OT - but Jay Cutler? People say Joe Flacco is overpaid...

Seriously. The guy's going to be 31 in a few months. He's signed for seven years/$154 million and has $50 something MILLION guaranteed? The guy almost throws an INT for every TD he throws for crying out loud.

Return to New England Patriots