ImageImageImageImage

Samuel for the 6th?

Moderator: Parliament10

U2larkin04
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Samuel for the 6th? 

Post#1 » by U2larkin04 » Fri Apr 6, 2007 4:23 pm

I've heard some rumors of something like this, what do you think?
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#2 » by Basketball Jesus » Fri Apr 6, 2007 4:32 pm

For it to work, the Skins would have to send some kind of cap relief back this way. Shawn Springs seems to be the one that the guys over at Football Outsiders think would be moved in a theoretical deal.
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 228

Post#3 » by sunshinekids99 » Fri Apr 6, 2007 6:19 pm

Sign me up. I'm assuming the deal would be 6 and Springs for 24,28, and Asante correct? If so I'd go with that one.
U2larkin04
Sixth Man

Post#4 » by U2larkin04 » Fri Apr 6, 2007 6:48 pm

from what I have been hearing it is just Samuel for the 6th...
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 228

Post#5 » by sunshinekids99 » Fri Apr 6, 2007 8:26 pm

There is no way that can happen. That's way too good to be true.
alwayslovetheceltics
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#6 » by alwayslovetheceltics » Fri Apr 6, 2007 8:30 pm

http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

they are suggesting:

springs + 6th for Samuels and 28th.

the deal as stated by u2larkin- not even dan synder is that stupid...
alwayslovetheceltics
Analyst
And1: 6

Post#7 » by alwayslovetheceltics » Fri Apr 6, 2007 8:53 pm

if the pats got the 6th pick, then Laron Landry will be a patriot.

on my list, there aren't that many sure fire players in the draft. of the top of my head, 4 i have high confidence in.

1. Calvin Johnson- best player in the draft. hands down.
2. Laron Landry. when i saw him in person, i said the same thing i said everytime i saw calvin in person ( i live in atl, so i went to a few gtech games). this kid is a MAN, and everyone else- little boys. Within two years, will be one of the top 5 safeties in the league.
3. Gaines Adams- I don't know how to describe him- other than QB's beware
4. Charles Johnson. don't get me wrong. Charles probably doesn't have the same upside as the 1st 3. so far, i have seen him projected 15-30. This kid punishes offensive lineman- no one stands in his way. i like him a lot better than the other end out of GA (moses). my prediction- couple of years from now, everyone will be asking how did this guy drop.

don't get me wrong- other great kids in this draft. russell, quin, jamal anderson, joe thomas..... all could be as good as their potential and espn experts indicate they can be. but from my own eyes, the 4 on my list are can't miss- will kick everyone else's ass players
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#8 » by Celtics_Champs » Fri Apr 6, 2007 8:54 pm

Wow, That would be a great deal. Then we have the 24th, 6th and money in the future. Who would we take? Landry?
Celtics_Champs
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,971

Post#9 » by Celtics_Champs » Fri Apr 6, 2007 8:58 pm

alwayslovetheceltics wrote:if the pats got the 6th pick, then Laron Landry will be a patriot.

on my list, there aren't that many sure fire players in the draft. of the top of my head, 4 i have high confidence in.

1. Calvin Johnson- best player in the draft. hands down.
2. Laron Landry. when i saw him in person, i said the same thing i said everytime i saw calvin in person ( i live in atl, so i went to a few gtech games). this kid is a MAN, and everyone else- little boys. Within two years, will be one of the top 5 safeties in the league.
3. Gaines Adams- I don't know how to describe him- other than QB's beware
4. Charles Johnson. don't get me wrong. Charles probably doesn't have the same upside as the 1st 3. so far, i have seen him projected 15-30. This kid punishes offensive lineman- no one stands in his way. i like him a lot better than the other end out of GA (moses). my prediction- couple of years from now, everyone will be asking how did this guy drop.

don't get me wrong- other great kids in this draft. russell, quin, jamal anderson, joe thomas..... all could be as good as their potential and espn experts indicate they can be. but from my own eyes, the 4 on my list are can't miss- will kick everyone else's ass players

I too like Laron Landry. I did not get to watch him much, but reading the scouting reports, this kid has the potential to be a stud rather then a dud.
wetsthebed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,216

Post#10 » by wetsthebed » Sat Apr 7, 2007 2:55 am

Samuel and one first for the 6 would be a dream scenario. I'll believe it when we see it though.
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#11 » by Basketball Jesus » Sat Apr 7, 2007 4:39 pm

The funny thing about all this is Springs is probably as good, if not better than, Samuel so it'd be a win-win situation for both teams. The Pats would win the deal and the Redskins would win the prize for dumbest deal this offseason.
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
mzaretsk
Bench Warmer
And1: 5

Post#12 » by mzaretsk » Wed Apr 18, 2007 2:20 pm

alwayslovetheceltics wrote:http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

they are suggesting:

springs + 6th for Samuels and 28th.

the deal as stated by u2larkin- not even dan synder is that stupid...

not to rain on everyone's parade, but even for the redskins' inept front office this is a horrific proposal.

simply going by the draft value chart, we get that samuels' value is eqiuvalent to 17th overall+springs. that just makes no sense - as someone mentioned, springs is not a big drop off from asanti, tho he is oft injured. if you also included your 24th, then we would have springs+3rd rounder for samuels, which, imo, is fair. if anyone has leverage here, its the skins, since samuels is vocal about demanding a new contract or being dealt.

here is another interesting scenario that i found: http://www.fanball.com/fb/article.cfm/ID.9652/Football

by the value chart, pats will also have to include a 3rd rounder, but thats closer to reality than what was originally proposed. landry will be heir apparent at safety, while learning from one of the best. artrell hawkins can also move back to corner, in case samuels is dealt.

skins infuse their dline with much needed youth (or split the picks to upgrade both defensive and offensive lines). now thats a win/win!! :)
TheCelticTruth
Analyst
Location: You Can't Handle the Truth, the real city of champions, again.

Post#13 » by TheCelticTruth » Wed Apr 18, 2007 10:59 pm

the patriots would never do that. they hate to pay guaranteed money for non guaranteed performance. there is nothing riskier in sports than a top ten nfl draft pick. that player would instantly be one of the highest paid players on our team, and more likely not be worth the money. the patriots are great because they are all about value. being like other nfl teams is not what makes us better. come on guys.

Sig by twolves4ever
Boston-Syracuse-North Carolina, Screw Duke and BC
"ubuntu"

Return to New England Patriots