Pacers vs Bucks: Series Thread

Moderators: pacers33granger, Jake0890, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan

Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 952

Re: Pacers vs Bucks: Series Thread 

Post#101 » by Tom White » Fri May 3, 2024 9:27 am

Pacers Forever wrote:Defense is winning this game......

When is the last time any of us said that? Where has that defensive effort been hiding? Incredibly refreshing to see it.
JMaster5K
Senior
And1: 171

Post#102 » by JMaster5K » Fri May 3, 2024 11:15 am

Tom White wrote:
Pacers Forever wrote:Defense is winning this game......

When is the last time any of us said that? Where has that defensive effort been hiding? Incredibly refreshing to see it.

Coaches secret strategy,.... back in the preseason,... 'OK guys,... NOBODY plays defense until we get to the playoffs,... right?... Pacers on 3!'
JMaster5K
Senior

Post#103 » by JMaster5K » Fri May 3, 2024 11:22 am

Pacers_Freak wrote:Great team win. Bench was HUGE! Regardless what happens in the next round it is huge for the future to be getting this playoff experience.

Amen! Watching the way the bench attacked,... if Benn comes back next year, fully into that second unit,.... wow! just wow! We could have the bench outscoring the starters by design next season?.....
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,161

Post#104 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri May 3, 2024 12:06 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=jYPPXwUlm02fAaE9rSSACw

Pat Beverley did not handle it well.

Read on Twitter
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#105 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri May 3, 2024 12:08 pm

To be clear, MAAAAAAAAAD respect for Middleton, Brook, Dame, et al. Short handed, and they worked HARD. Middleton and Brook had MASSIVE series, both really playing their hardest to cover for weaknesses and missing players. And Dame gritting through a tough Achilles issue. That’s never fun.

If Milwaukee gets healthy and just adds some more depth they can use in the playoffs, they’ll be RIGHT BACK to the top again next year. (maybe a new coach too, :eek: )
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 952

Post#106 » by Tom White » Fri May 3, 2024 12:14 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Pat Beverley did not handle it well.

When has he ever handled anything well? The guy is a jackass.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,771

Post#107 » by Pacers_Freak » Fri May 3, 2024 12:33 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:To be clear, MAAAAAAAAAD respect for Middleton, Brook, Dame, et al. Short handed, and they worked HARD. Middleton and Brook had MASSIVE series, both really playing their hardest to cover for weaknesses and missing players. And Dame gritting through a tough Achilles issue. That’s never fun.

If Milwaukee gets healthy and just adds some more depth they can use in the playoffs, they’ll be RIGHT BACK to the top again next year. (maybe a new coach too, :eek: )

I’d add Portis in there too. Regardless of his antics…. He was a load for most of the series. If he hadn’t been ejected it’s very possible there is a game 7 Saturday.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#108 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri May 3, 2024 12:35 pm

Pacers_Freak wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:To be clear, MAAAAAAAAAD respect for Middleton, Brook, Dame, et al. Short handed, and they worked HARD. Middleton and Brook had MASSIVE series, both really playing their hardest to cover for weaknesses and missing players. And Dame gritting through a tough Achilles issue. That’s never fun.

I’d add Portis in there too. Regardless of his antics…. He was a load for most of the series. If he hadn’t been ejected it’s very possible there is a game 7 Saturday.

Sure. He played well, when he was able to. I only didn’t list him because he took himself out of multiple games with his inability to stay focused and his desire to be seen as the enforcer, rather than focusing on helping his team. But agreed. He played very well.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,168

Post#109 » by Wizop » Fri May 3, 2024 12:51 pm

I think it was a coaching decision to pressure the ball against a short handed team with only one ball handler that created the better defense. I almost never believe the players aren't trying - okay, at the end of blowouts.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#110 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri May 3, 2024 3:56 pm

I laughed.

Read on Twitter
?s=61&t=4P34sFh22Otrr6CybjJQ_g
Wizop
RealGM

Post#111 » by Wizop » Fri May 3, 2024 4:33 pm

The Game Theory Podcast totally destroys the Bucks defense. The discussion starts about 36 minutes in.

Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#112 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri May 3, 2024 5:33 pm

Man, what a wuss.

Read on Twitter
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#113 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri May 3, 2024 5:48 pm

Read on Twitter
JMaster5K
Senior

Post#114 » by JMaster5K » Sat May 4, 2024 10:02 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:Man, what a wuss.

Read on Twitter

Interested to see how the league is going to handle this? and frankly IPD? and the fans involved?

What do you guys think should be done?....
Wizop
RealGM

Post#115 » by Wizop » Sat May 4, 2024 12:34 pm

JMaster5K wrote:Interested to see how the league is going to handle this? and frankly IPD? and the fans involved?

doubt IPD was in the building. it was probably an off duty rent-a-cop working as a guard but wearing his uniform.

I expect a substantial fine.
JMaster5K
Senior

Post#116 » by JMaster5K » Sat May 4, 2024 2:15 pm

Wizop wrote:
JMaster5K wrote:Interested to see how the league is going to handle this? and frankly IPD? and the fans involved?

doubt IPD was in the building. it was probably an off duty rent-a-cop working as a guard but wearing his uniform.

I expect a substantial fine.

Yeah,... LOL - my mind moving too fast,.. was typing IPD when what I actually meant was the prosecutors office. They have a video, smoking gun, red-handed of a battery & an assault & battery,... misdemeanor = yes,... as long as the girl he hit is over 14. But still, it's a violent crime, even if a relatively minor one.

The Leagues been cracking down, ok,.. a little bit - LOL, on these types of things this year. Sooner or later the league is going to have to do something to make players think there are consequences for their actions. PatBev is 36; now a UFA; a recognizable name; but no where near an all star or franchise player. He looks like a prime candidate to me for a hefty suspension? fine? Making a point without affecting a teams season or an all stars check in 2024-25? in this particular set of circumstances,.. potentially even the commissioner's list?

Yeah,. the NBPA is going to fight anything that happens, even if they shouldn't. I'm torn,... don't know if I just hope this blows over, or if something gets done to start addressing this & stopping future events?.... Cause the league generally has a bad rep right now concerning acts like this by players.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#117 » by Wizop » Sat May 4, 2024 2:51 pm

JMaster5K wrote:Sooner or later the league is going to have to do something to make players think there are consequences for their actions.

my simple answer is to have a technical foul also count as a person foul. I don't mean extra shots. I just mean it counts toward fouling out. I believe this is a college rule now but I could be wrong,
JMaster5K
Senior

Post#118 » by JMaster5K » Sat May 4, 2024 3:18 pm

Wizop wrote:
JMaster5K wrote:Sooner or later the league is going to have to do something to make players think there are consequences for their actions.

my simple answer is to have a technical foul also count as a person foul. I don't mean extra shots. I just mean it counts toward fouling out. I believe this is a college rule now but I could be wrong,

I agree,.. I guess my frustration with this,... if you or I did exactly the same thing at the local Y, in a pickup game,... we are either truly apologizing, admitting it's a mistake, and making it right,.... or leaving bloody, in cuffs, or with a court date. Let alone if we double down on it. Why aren't NBA players held to the same standard of conduct?
JMaster5K
Senior

Post#119 » by JMaster5K » Sat May 4, 2024 4:26 pm

Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 745

Post#120 » by Pacers Forever » Sat May 4, 2024 8:25 pm

JMaster5K wrote:Now ESPN is responding.

https://hoopswire.com/espn-bans-patrick-beverley-who-threw-ball-at-fan-and-disrespected-reporter-following-playoff-elimination/

Probably the best summary of all the events I've seen.

Reading your article I see Beverly has been fined before for throwing a ball at a fan. I hope they fine him 100K, mandate anger management counciling, and suspend him for 20 games without pay.

The NBA needs to get these athletes attention again that the fans are off limits just as the players have their own privacies.

Return to Indiana Pacers