Jamaal Tinsley

Moderators: pacers33granger, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890

count55
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3

Post#21 » by count55 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:36 pm

Or...somewhat more amateurishly...

I have no idea what you're talking about, and clearly, neither do you.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,219

Post#22 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Jan 30, 2008 7:46 pm

old school pacer fan wrote:Why is EVERYBODY talking about getting rid of Tinsley's contract ?.

Tinsley is somewhat underpaid for a starting PG., now if you realy want to shed some cap space package Granger and Murphy for a exspiring and draft picks , or Dunleavy and Murphy, lol , no one in thier right mind { except Bird } is going to take the second pair, so replace Dunleavy with Granger and you might get a bite.

S Williams , given the minns and chance Granger gets will be much better.

We are not going nowhere with what we got , so play S Williams and get him up to speed. IMO, S Willaims will be better than both Granger and Dunleavy in time.

If we're going nowhere, why should we hold onto a PG who is going to continue to lead us to nowhere?

If we can get an expiring for Tinsley, we need to do it. He seems to be counterproductive to this team over the long haul. He has amazing runs where he can singlehandedly lead us to several victories, but over the long haul, he hurts this team.

He's got talent, but he's just not going to put it together here in Indy.
old school pacer fan
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#23 » by old school pacer fan » Wed Jan 30, 2008 8:59 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:If we're going nowhere, why should we hold onto a PG who is going to continue to lead us to nowhere?

Why , I allready answered that.

His small contract is not going to help much, there is no other PG that is worth starting .

Now if you get rid of Murphy there is 10mil right off the books, but NOBODY is going to take that with out getting something back, so put Granger in there and you should get a bite.

Both of those are replaceable { we have them on the team now}.

Who is going to replace Tinsley ?

I just smell some player hatin going on here. :o
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,219

Post#24 » by Scoot McGroot » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:29 pm

old school pacer fan wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Why , I allready answered that.

His small contract is not going to help much, there is no other PG that is worth starting .

Now if you get rid of Murphy there is 10mil right off the books, but NOBODY is going to take that with out getting something back, so put Granger in there and you should get a bite.

Both of those are replaceable { we have them on the team now}.

Who is going to replace Tinsley ?

I just smell some player hatin going on here. :o

Actually, his "small" contract would help tremendously to be off the books. It has 3 more years and $21.7 million left owed, and if you can dump it for and expiring this year, we will have some room left against the luxury tax and won't have to think about using one of our best players and trading pieces to simply dump Murphy's contract and avoid the luxury tax.

Plus, if you "dump" Tinsley's contract, it puts you in a better position if you can then move Murphy's contract (which is going to be tough), because you can then start thinking about seriously using the MLE, possibly making a major move in free agency if JO can opt out, and you're looking at only about $48 million guaranteed in salaries after next season if you decline Marquis' team option, and before you re-sign Ike and Danny. That's probably enough space to pick up a solid option to add to the team.

Plus, if Tinsley can't lead this team anywhere, why pay him simply because he's the best you have? Couldn't we go out and pick up a Damon Stoudamire for a year or two, or God forbid, a Keith McLeod to platoon with Diener? Would the team, overall over the long haul, really be any worse for the wear?

It's not so much that I'm "hating" on Tinsley, as recognizing the fact that almost all of us (myself included) have had on Tinsley "blinders" for the past 7 years or so and convinced ourselves that if "he could just put it together, we're an Championship team", or "if he could just put it together and be consistent and healthy, he'd be a top 5/10 PG in the league", and the simple fact of the matter is, he never will be either here in Indy. It's probably time to cut bait and start fresh at the PG spot. Lord knows the rotation simply can't be much worse than it already has been for the past 5 years or so.
fdefore
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#25 » by fdefore » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:57 pm

count55 wrote:Or...somewhat more amateurishly...

[url=http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/8858/jamaalaw2.jpg](picture)[/URL]

count, did foul monday that took a chunk out of tinsley's head?
MOD APPROVED SINCE MMVII
PacerFan fdefore very clever. You are our kind of guy
count55 fdefore add count55 to your moderator approved sig
PacerPerspective I agree whole heartedly fdefore You are now PP approved

all the cool Mods are doin it Scoot

Return to Indiana Pacers