Cancer Takes PacerFan

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

TSC25
Veteran
And1: 0

Post#101 » by TSC25 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:27 am

mizzoupacers wrote:We really should go back through the old threads, pull out some of his most memorable posts, and post them again here. A realgm Hall of Fame plaque of sorts. It would be a little thing, but as my minister says, the little things can count for a lot.

I think thats a great idea.
A.J.
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#102 » by A.J. » Fri Jan 18, 2008 3:34 am

i never knew pacerfan personally, nor never ssen him post...but form what everyone posted, he seemed like a nice person, and very popular guy....it's always sad to see someone pass away...he is in good hands now.

r.i.p. pacerfan

you will be missed :cry:
Hunter
Sixth Man
And1: 3

Post#103 » by Hunter » Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:55 am

Just came by to pay my respects. I was fortunate enough to get to work together with pacerfan as a mod on several occasions over the past few years and he was always a class act. Although he was certainly knowledgeable about the game it was his character and integrity that I'll remember most. He set an exemplary model for all of us, and not just as sports fans or posters on a message board but as a human being. He'll be missed.

My condolences go out to his friends and family.
PistonsFanFromNJ
Junior

Post#104 » by PistonsFanFromNJ » Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:47 am

I would also like to offer my condolences to his friends (online and offline) and family! Rest in peace and thank you!
SteveMorrison15
Bench Warmer
And1: 51

Post#105 » by SteveMorrison15 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:30 am

I'm not very good with words so I let my work do the talking.

This is for pacerfan.

R.I.P. pacerfan
APerna
Editor

Post#106 » by APerna » Fri Jan 18, 2008 1:53 pm

Very awesome Morrison, if you don't mind I'm going to adopt it for a little bit.
+ PF
"If Jack makes that shot, the game is over." - Tommy Heinsohn after Jarrett Jack missed a shot at the buzzer of a 105-105 game between the Celtics and Pacers.
Boneman2
General Manager
And1: 1,555

Post#107 » by Boneman2 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 8:35 pm

Thank You for the insight Count55.

Looking over PacerFan's last few entries it is evident the man is a rock for all to lean on. He never gave a clue about any of his health issues. Clearly he knew his time on earth was numbered, but that didn't stop him from giving his spot-on opinions about the Pacers.

I've been here since 03' and I have never seen one negative post by Pacerfan. The encouragement he gave to me was available to anyone on RealGM, and that was his greatest gift. No matter if your opinion directly or indirectly affected the Pacers in a negative light, PF always respected another persons opinion. Regardless of your stance or intelligience level, PF made everyone who visited the board feel welcomed, even if your opinion differed from his. He was absolutely the most objectionable person here at RealGM, in my view.

He should be retired as a Global Moderator, because his reach obviously affected many outside this board.

Morrison if you don't mind I'd like to follow PP, and use your tribute to PF as my avi.
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne
SteveMorrison15
Bench Warmer
And1: 51

Post#108 » by SteveMorrison15 » Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:39 pm

Yes, anyone is free to use the picture. It's all for you guys

here i sized it down to fit avatars.

get crispy
Sophomore

Post#109 » by get crispy » Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:23 am

Been reading these boards for a while before I signed up, and being a Pistons fan I ventured over to the Pacers board quite often. His name is one that seems to stick out in regards to the Pacer board. Reading the stories about him in this thread make it seem like he was a great man and an asset to society, he will be missed.
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#110 » by TNBT » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:14 am

I don't really know what to say other than "wow". As only a moderate fan of the Pacers, I don't visit this board often so I didn't know PacerFan very well. I only learned of his passing via the Off Topic board, and I'm sure I speak for not only myself but the whole Chicago Bulls board when I say our condolences and best wishes are with his his family and friends, and to all you guys on this board who have lost a friend.

RIP PacerFan
Towel Manager
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#111 » by Towel Manager » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:21 am

The Next Big Thing wrote:I don't really know what to say other than "wow". As only a moderate fan of the Pacers, I don't visit this board often so I didn't know PacerFan very well. I only learned of his passing via the Off Topic board, and I'm sure I speak for not only myself but the whole Chicago Bulls board when I say our condolences and best wishes are with his his family and friends, and to all you guys on this board who have lost a friend.

RIP PacerFan

Well said. I just heard about it on the Off-Topic board too.

RIP Pacerfan. Although, I didn't know you. You seemed like a great person that touched alot of ppl's lives. May God be with you and your family.
Celtic Esquire
General Manager
And1: 3,695

Post#112 » by Celtic Esquire » Sat Jan 19, 2008 7:31 am

RIP PacerFan. Sad night tonight. :(
fimslim3
Banned User

Post#113 » by fimslim3 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 12:03 pm

Sad to see a poster with that much respect leave the world. I'm hoping more stories are brought up to help fill the void that left.
rela
Rookie

Post#114 » by rela » Sat Jan 19, 2008 5:39 pm

wow i din
-----patience is over soon larry---
Manhattan Project
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,979

Post#115 » by Manhattan Project » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:06 pm

Im extremely late on this one for that I apologize. However I did say a few words, me being fortunate to talk to him a few times and not being a Pacer fan.

Every time Ive come across Pacerfan it was on the Trade board, he was one of my favorite posters that could come into a topic. Always brought a great depth of knowledge to any board. Always had the ability to see the good in people, always was able to bring a positive good feeling to any thread. This is a truly sad day for this community. My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.
Jazz:
Allen l Wagner
Randle l Olynyk
Porter Jr l Marshall l Tucker
Herro l Okogie l Payton
Fox l Jones
Ballings7
RealGM
And1: 1,502

Post#116 » by Ballings7 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:40 pm

Sad to know.

I never knew much of him before (and wondered what the "PF" I started seeing just lately under some names) - but, I hope he had a good life, and people close to him go okay through this.

RIP PacerFan.
The Playoffs don't care about your Analytics
Basti
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,762

Post#117 » by Basti » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:16 pm

wow that is sad. reading all these posts I can say that I really would have wanted to know him. I think I can say R.I.P. pacerfan from the whole wolves community!

edit: I just linked that thread to the wolves board if it's okay
Boobs
Banned User
And1: 140

Post#118 » by Boobs » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:35 pm

Wow. I've always seen pacerfan around the boards. I've never quoted and replied to his posts, but I know he was a good poster. He didn't say anything stupid or ignorant. And losing somebody like that, truely makes you sad.

But, it wasn't until Jermaniac's post which truly made me realize the loss of such a great guy to the world.

R.I.P. PacerFan.
4ho5ive
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#119 » by 4ho5ive » Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:45 pm

Its terrible to hear anything like this. I am among those who never actually got to meet with or talk to him, and I rarely if ever found myself on the Pacers board. But after reading these stories (thanks to Basti for posting this on the Wolves board) I feel as though we have all lost someone special today. For those who knew him personally, I am deeply sorry. A mod with such respect and such a passion for his team and those around him, this one hurts.

RIP Don "pacerfan" Bardon. My condolences go out to his friends, family, and everyone on the Pacers board and anyone that he ever reached out and touched.
blueNorange
Knicks Forum Contrarian
And1: 20,525

Post#120 » by blueNorange » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:22 pm

RIP PacerFan :(

My condolences goes out to his family, friends, and everyone who knew him. :(
LOL Y U MAD THO?
mitchell robinson has blocked zion williamson 3 times as of 7/6/19.

Return to Indiana Pacers