Cancer Takes PacerFan

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

tkb
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 198

Post#121 » by tkb » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:29 pm

Big loss. Thoughts go out to the family and friends. Terrific poster, and terrific person from what I've read. Rest in peace Don.
black06eclipse
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#122 » by black06eclipse » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:57 pm

RIP

im from the Denver board, but im a Pacer fan today.
bballpacen
Assistant Coach
And1: 2

Post#123 » by bballpacen » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:27 pm

Wow, I am shocked. I know that this has happened a few days ago, but I have not been on alot b/c of personal reasons. But I am truly saddened. Don was my favorite poster, the one who I looked forward to reading the most. Very insiteful, and always well worded posts. PF, you will be sorely missed in every aspect of the wonderful life that you had lived. I know that you will be missed here by your RealGM family, but not forgotten. My condolences extend to his family, and those who's life he touched in some manner, or for those who he inspired.

RIP PacerFan
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 825

Post#124 » by Pacersike » Sat Jan 19, 2008 11:34 pm

:(

He told me a while ago what was going on. But I didn't see this coming...

He was just that type of guy that took his time to help out others(including me), when time wasn't on his side. I'll never forget that!

RIP Don
krustytheclown
Lead Assistant
And1: 8

Post#125 » by krustytheclown » Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:57 am

as a knicks fan my hearfelt sorrow/prayers and everything go to his family,friends and posters on the pacers board..this is my first time venturing over here and he sounded like a wonderful human being. while i might not have ever had the chance to talk to him/read his post it seems he would be someone i would love to get to know. god bless and rip
JellosJigglin
RealGM
And1: 9,420

Post#126 » by JellosJigglin » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:03 am

Ouch, this hurts :(. Don is probably the only mod outside of the Laker forum that I have always remembered. We only conversed through RealGM maybe 3 or 4 times, but his humility and tolerance made an impression on me. He welcomed me to this board even when I had an opinion he didn't agree with, and invited me to come around more often. Even though I haven't been around, I have always remembered how respectful he was to me. My condolences to all of his family and friends.

RIP Don.
fendilim
RealGM
And1: 5,050

Post#127 » by fendilim » Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:32 am

from his contributions that I have read in this thread, definitely a big loss to the realgm family.

my condolences to his family
Gordon Bombay
Head Coach
And1: 79

Post#128 » by Gordon Bombay » Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:00 am

i never knew him, but he sounded like a great person

r.i.p. pacerfan (from the cavs board)
kNiCk_PriDe
Assistant Coach
And1: 86

Post#129 » by kNiCk_PriDe » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:44 am

wow....this kinda puts everything into perepective.... I mean we all post here everyday.....We talk to eachother, have fun, make fun of eachothers insane ideas, criticize our teams, figure out ways to get Isiah fired, but at the end of the day, this is just a forum....Its a way we all get away....Isnt that what sports is in general? A way to relax yourself.......What we all sometimes forget about eachother is that outside this world of realgm, we all have lives, we all have families, and we all have problems.

I read Jermaniac's post and it saddened me knowing that we really lost a great person. A person that would care enough to make a difference in the life of someone, a kid, he met in a sports forum....I know Jermaniac will remember that for the rest of his life....I know i would....I can only imagine how great person Pacerfan was. If he was this nice to a kid he met online, I can only imagine how nice he was to his friends, family, and strangers he met everyday. It really does put you into perspective

R.I.P Pacerfan.... My prayers go out to you, your friends, and your families. My prayers also go out to the realgm community. May God bless us all.

Pacerfan, you will be missed on Realgm. Not only for your posts, but for the person that you were.

The Knicks Forum remembers you in it's prayers....God Bless
~kNiCk PriDe~
hoodie©
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#130 » by hoodie© » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:55 am

After reading these stories, I can't help but feel saddened for the loss to his family, friends, & all that knew and cared for this man. My condolences to everyone.

I regret not having the opportunity to know such a wonderful sounding man, as a few of you guys did. It's obvious he's missed & may he rest in peace having his good deeds in life provide him with eternal happiness.

Hopefully all those that knew him can have a peace of mind knowing that he was a good man. He's indeed in a better place smiling down on you all.

I'm not the best writer in the world, Hopefully it reflects to everyone the way I intended it too, I genuinely send everyone my heart condolences.

- hoodie
sacking123
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,348

Post#131 » by sacking123 » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:34 am

My condolences go out to his family and friends both on and off line.
I never knew of PF, but for some reason I knew I should read this thread.
He seemed like an amazing person that not only lived life to the fullest, but allowed others to do the same.
It is very emotional reading the posts by the Pacers community here and its almost like the RealGM family has lost its father.

RIP Pacerfan
Sacramento Kings
Sydney Kings
EvadedHavoc
Lead Assistant
And1: 1

Post#132 » by EvadedHavoc » Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:52 pm

RIP :(
SheedsWeed
RealGM

Post#133 » by SheedsWeed » Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:29 pm

Although I didn't remember PacerFan as much as some of you, I do remember seeing him post from time to time. Sad news to hear. RIP.
xxSnEaKyPxx
RealGM
And1: 15,758

Post#134 » by xxSnEaKyPxx » Mon Jan 21, 2008 1:31 am

Wow, I just noticed this. I'll keep his family and friends in my prayers.

God bless.
camaleon
Veteran

Post#135 » by camaleon » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:08 am

I don't know what to say about the passing of Pacerfan that has not already been said. I joined the board right after Ron Artest's DPOY season and the discussions were highly opinionated and Pacer nation was split on the Artest issues. Then came the brawl in Detroit and the board was lit up by posters both looking to have genuine basketball discussions and a lot of posters that were less than welcome, and through it all I was amazed at the aplomb with which pacerfan and Charcoal Filtered handled such difficult situations in a very professional manner.

I haven't been a regular poster in a while, but i did find out about Charc retiring and with pacerfan passing away this board won't be the same. My condolencies to pacerfan's family and i encourage the new mods to follow in his footsteps as pacerfan was an exemplary mod.
CircleCitysportsfan
Lead Assistant
And1: 81

Post#136 » by CircleCitysportsfan » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:23 pm

I don't know what to say. I always thought he was a fair mod. He let me get away with more than I should and especially Jermanic...lol

RIP Pacerfan.
TdoubleE
Lead Assistant

Post#137 » by TdoubleE » Mon Jan 21, 2008 7:09 pm

RIP Pacerfan.
TSC25
Veteran

Post#138 » by TSC25 » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:03 am

That was very well written!
shackles10
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 5,650

Post#139 » by shackles10 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:20 am

I've been on the board since his passing, but somehow did not see this sticky. I was actually on the Celtics board when someone asked another mod what the pf was for, and when I saw it I came right over here to find this thread.

I never knew the man either, but it sure seems like he treated everyone he came across exactly like you'd want to be treated. The thing about Jerm was great. I used to post on the Pacers board a lot more than I currently do, because of the Celtics recent success, but I wish I had posted even more before. There were casual talks of catching a Celtics/Pacer game, which I would have loved to have happen now. He always welcomed me as an outside, but frequent poster to this board even when others certainly did not at first. I recall after a several month hiatus from the Pacer board I received a pm from him welcoming me back to the board and encouraging me not to be a stranger. No disrespect to the Celtics mods, but this is a guy from a rival team doing that. Having read the Jerm story and his obituary it seems like going out of his way to do even the little things was just part of who he was. I wish we had known of his health beforehand, but it doesn't shock me that we didn't with all we've come to learn of PF after his passing.

His passing has me thinking about a lot of things in life, and reading his obituary it's truly amazing all that he accomplished with his life. It actually makes me wonder why I haven't done more with my own. It seems funny for me to think this about a person I never met in real life, but it is the case. I'm also grateful that we were able to learn of his passing once it did occur so we could have a thread(s) like this. In the busy world that we live in today when you know thousands of people, but only truly know a select few, how many people pass without any of us ever knowing? It's sad really.

I'd like to use that PF avatar if you guys don't mind. I've said I'd use the Red one until the C's won a title, but that can wait.
count55
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3

Post#140 » by count55 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:25 am

shackles10 wrote:I'd like to use that PF avatar if you guys don't mind. I've said I'd use the Red one until the C's won a title, but that can wait.

We'd be honored, and pf would be smiling.
I have no idea what you're talking about, and clearly, neither do you.

Return to Indiana Pacers