Who do you think would fit with this 23-24 pacers team?

Moderators: pacers33granger, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890

Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 961

Re: Who do you think would fit with this 23-24 pacers team? 

Post#21 » by Tom White » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:09 pm

Solid wrote:On that note and off topic Ben also said:
a. He's undefeated 1 on 1 against other Pacers.
b. Nembhard can't guard him.
c. He beat Klay Thompson 1 on 1 as well.
d. He may have also said he beat KT in a shooting contest. Not sure I heard that right.
e. McConnell is one of the toughest challenges for him among pacers. Because... he just never stops.

Other than item "e", I think Benn may be full of beans. Or maybe just full of himself.
Solid
Bench Warmer
And1: 155

Post#22 » by Solid » Fri Sep 29, 2023 6:41 pm

Tom White wrote:Other than item "e", I think Benn may be full of beans. Or maybe just full of himself.

He seemed to be speaking carefully. Public interview. I doubt he'd blather such crap if anyone could bomb him on it.
Facci and Alex I think. Setting the Pace?
He is no doubt full of himself. But I'll def give him a pass on that for awhile. All the great ones are.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,223

Post#23 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:16 pm

Solid wrote:
Tom White wrote:Other than item "e", I think Benn may be full of beans. Or maybe just full of himself.

He seemed to be speaking carefully. Public interview. I doubt he'd blather such crap if anyone could bomb him on it.
Facci and Alex I think. Setting the Pace?
He is no doubt full of himself. But I'll def give him a pass on that for awhile. All the great ones are.

I think some of these workouts were streamed on Twitter and Klay backed up the ones that he was involved in.

But yes, Bennedict is quite confident, which I don’t think is necessarily a bad thing.
Solid
Bench Warmer
And1: 155

Post#24 » by Solid » Fri Sep 29, 2023 7:32 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:I think some of these workouts were streamed on Twitter and Klay backed up the ones that he was involved in.

But yes, Bennedict is quite confident, which I don’t think is necessarily a bad thing.

Indeed that's why the subject was brought up!
Ben was not happy that they played so much, and yet the clips selected made him look inferior. He added the rest as support for his claim that the cuts were not a fair representation.
Helsbyte
Senior
And1: 359

Post#25 » by Helsbyte » Fri Sep 29, 2023 8:34 pm

I am all in for acquiring a player of Jrue's caliber. I think adding him next to Haliburton only makes it easier to sign someone like OG, especially if he see a path to a contender. All this continued talk of needing more youth and saving our draft picks is a continuing circle every year. We have an All-Star in Haliburton adding a 2nd in Holiday is what this team needs.

Some combination of:

Hield
Theis
McConnell
2 future 1sts

Sign me up.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 766

Post#26 » by Pacers Forever » Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:04 pm

I’d love a Jrue Holiday acquisition for the right price because of his defense, veteran qualities, and star status which combined with Tyrese and Myles could attract others here.

I’m willing to give up any of
Theis
Smith
McConnell
Buddy
Shepherd
Kendall Brown
Isiah Wong
Second round picks

If Portland will work with us in a consolidation trade of our expirings and lesser talented youth it would strengthen us for the future. Of course it’s all speculation and wishful thinking.

Haliburton
Holiday
B. Brown
Toppin
Turner

Nembhard
Mathurin
Nesmith
Nwora /Walker
Jackson

Then as others have noted get OG next year to replace B. Brown.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,212

Post#27 » by Wizop » Fri Sep 29, 2023 10:56 pm

Wiretap has Suns asking about TJ.

A quick look at the trade machine says they can't take any more money than they send out and Grayson Allen is the only player with a similar salary. I don't want him so he'd need to go elsewhere with a forward coming here.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#28 » by Topofthekey » Sat Sep 30, 2023 4:48 am

Suns again
JMaster5K
Senior
And1: 183

Post#29 » by JMaster5K » Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:31 am

Wizop wrote:Wiretap has Suns asking about TJ.

A quick look at the trade machine says they can't take any more money than they send out and Grayson Allen is the only player with a similar salary. I don't want him so he'd need to go elsewhere with a forward coming here.

OK,.. a bit of a left fielder here,.... and not saying we should do this,.. at all,.. I almost certainly wouldn't,... but,.. just for grins. =]

Phoenix gets:
TJ = 8,700,000

Pacers get:
Grayson Allen = 8,925,000
Nassir LIttle = 6,250,000
San Antonio's 2nd in 2024 (unspecified range)
Memphis 2nd in 2028
Memphis 2nd in 2029

Allen & little can be aggregated in this trade because they don't have to be aggregated for the trade to take place. In essence the trade is TJ for Allen with LIttle thrown in.

Indy gets Little who would give us a little more size,. still a 3, but a little. (no pun intended) Allen is an expiring contract, so 1 year at 8.9 mill and he's gone. May not even have him report,. or could waive him or buy him out. The real value for the Pacers would be in the 2nd rounders. We have more than enough cap room, but would have to waive a player to make this go. Frankly, I don't see anybody from our roster that I would want to waive to pick up Little.

Suns get TJ. They generate a 6,475,000 trade exception. Most importantly,. the Suns lower their payroll by 6,475,000. They need to lower it by 6,470,699 to drop out of the super-tax. So, they fall back into the 'normal' tax-payer bracket as a team. Should lower their projected tax bill by around 15,8xx,xxx.

Looking at this,.. I don't think there is any way the Pacers would consider this. There just isn't enough upside for the Pacers compared to the upside for the Suns. It would probably take a light-to-moderately protected mid-range first to even begin to make it balance & the Suns don't have one they can trade.

For me, this would have to be a 3-way with another team giving something more interesting to the Pacers. TJ has value for us. He might have more value elsewhere,.. but he has value for us. A couple of weeks back, he also said he was happy in Indy and wanted to stay. So, pretty sure I would not do this,.. but it is possible,... =/
JMaster5K
Senior

Post#30 » by JMaster5K » Sat Sep 30, 2023 11:50 am

Actually,.. It's still summer roster rules,.. we wouldn't have to waive anybody,....
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#31 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:12 pm

JMaster5K wrote:

OK,.. a bit of a left fielder here,.... and not saying we should do this,.. at all,.. I almost certainly wouldn't,... but,.. just for grins. =]

Phoenix gets:
TJ = 8,700,000

Pacers get:
Grayson Allen = 8,925,000
Nassir LIttle = 6,250,000
San Antonio's 2nd in 2024 (unspecified range)
Memphis 2nd in 2028
Memphis 2nd in 2029

Allen & little can be aggregated in this trade because they don't have to be aggregated for the trade to take place. In essence the trade is TJ for Allen with LIttle thrown in.

Indy gets Little who would give us a little more size,. still a 3, but a little. (no pun intended) Allen is an expiring contract, so 1 year at 8.9 mill and he's gone. May not even have him report,. or could waive him or buy him out. The real value for the Pacers would be in the 2nd rounders. We have more than enough cap room, but would have to waive a player to make this go. Frankly, I don't see anybody from our roster that I would want to waive to pick up Little.

Suns get TJ. They generate a 6,475,000 trade exception. Most importantly,. the Suns lower their payroll by 6,475,000. They need to lower it by 6,470,699 to drop out of the super-tax. So, they fall back into the 'normal' tax-payer bracket as a team. Should lower their projected tax bill by around 15,8xx,xxx.

Looking at this,.. I don't think there is any way the Pacers would consider this. There just isn't enough upside for the Pacers compared to the upside for the Suns. It would probably take a light-to-moderately protected mid-range first to even begin to make it balance & the Suns don't have one they can trade.

For me, this would have to be a 3-way with another team giving something more interesting to the Pacers. TJ has value for us. He might have more value elsewhere,.. but he has value for us. A couple of weeks back, he also said he was happy in Indy and wanted to stay. So, pretty sure I would not do this,.. but it is possible,... =/

That San Antonio 2nd is top 54 protected and then is extinguished. It’s essentially nothing, unless San Antonio is one of the 6 best teams in the nba his year. Also, Nas Little is guaranteed $28m for the next 4 years. I probably want nothing to do with his contract.

Suns can take back 110% of the salary they send out this year. The second apron “no adding salary restriction” doesn’t kick in until after this trade deadline.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,212

Post#32 » by Wizop » Sat Sep 30, 2023 8:29 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:Suns can take back 110% of the salary they send out this year. The second apron “no adding salary restriction” doesn’t kick in until after this trade deadline.

So the trade checker was wrong. Hardly the first time.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
JMaster5K
Senior

Post#33 » by JMaster5K » Sun Oct 1, 2023 9:56 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:
That San Antonio 2nd is top 54 protected and then is extinguished. It’s essentially nothing, unless San Antonio is one of the 6 best teams in the nba his year. Also, Nas Little is guaranteed $28m for the next 4 years. I probably want nothing to do with his contract.

Thanks for the info on the pick. :) Yeah,.. I don't think either of these guys could add much to the Pacers at the moment. Definitely not enough to warrant trading TJ. Without getting more complicated, I can't really see a way for the Suns to create the right kind of value to make it even worth considering.

Trade construction, for me, is like solving a puzzle, just working out how to do it,.. not necessarily suggested that it should be done.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#34 » by Scoot McGroot » Sun Oct 1, 2023 2:36 pm

JMaster5K wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Thanks for the info on the pick. :) Yeah,.. I don't think either of these guys could add much to the Pacers at the moment. Definitely not enough to warrant trading TJ. Without getting more complicated, I can't really see a way for the Suns to create the right kind of value to make it even worth considering.

Trade construction, for me, is like solving a puzzle, just working out how to do it,.. not necessarily suggested that it should be done.

Oh, I love the effort!!!
JMaster5K
Senior

Post#35 » by JMaster5K » Mon Oct 2, 2023 1:50 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Oh, I love the effort!!!

LOLOL - be careful what you ask for! Last summer when rumors were flying all over the place,... just for the fun of it, I put together 1 trade, that included all the current rumors. It was pure stupidity & touched all but like 3 of the teams in the league,.. but all the money worked, all the dates & restrictions worked, all the picks were valid, no CBA violations,.... It was actually dam funny. LOL =]

(did it once,.. not going to do that again.) =/

Return to Indiana Pacers