Pacers vs Knicks : Series Thread

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 431

Re: Pacers vs Knicks : Series Thread 

Post#41 » by Grang33r » Wed May 8, 2024 9:52 pm

Pacers Forever wrote:I find it confusing that the Timberwolves and Nuggets series played Saturday, Monday, and then skips all the way to Friday ???? Shouldn’t they be playing Wednesday without this extra rest ????

They started earlier. So even if they went on normal schedule, they'd finish ahead of everyone and still get their rest, assuming everyone goes same distance.
The first rule of Basketball: Believe.
Follow on twitter @Grang33r
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#42 » by Grang33r » Wed May 8, 2024 9:52 pm

How we feeling about tonight? Im nervous.
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,196

Post#43 » by Wizop » Wed May 8, 2024 10:23 pm

Grang33r wrote:How we feeling about tonight? Im nervous.

Sure, but a loss isn't the end of the series
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
SunsRback4Good
RealGM
And1: 11,660

Post#44 » by SunsRback4Good » Wed May 8, 2024 11:00 pm

Pacers should win game two 106-98 don’t worry mate.
Pacers Forever
Starter
And1: 756

Post#45 » by Pacers Forever » Thu May 9, 2024 12:09 am

Only thing I’m nervous about is if the league has a mandate to help the Knicks win this second game. Different referees tonight is a plus though.

I really hope the league doesn’t mandate using the foul tactic making the Pacers stars sit and limiting their effectiveness throughout the contest. Yes I’m more scared of the league than the Knicks.

I really don’t think the Pacers will play badly tonight with the chance to get home court advantage. If they do then they’re more immature than I thought.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,454

Post#46 » by boomershadow » Thu May 9, 2024 12:22 am

I think we all more scared of the refs than the Knicks. But I think we win this one.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#47 » by Pacers Forever » Thu May 9, 2024 1:57 am

Pacers don’t deserve to win tonight. Third quarter atrocious. Nesmith, Turner, and Siakam shooting terrible.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,454

Post#48 » by boomershadow » Thu May 9, 2024 2:20 am

I wanna close with TJ and Obi over Pascal and Ty
Wizop
RealGM

Post#49 » by Wizop » Thu May 9, 2024 2:37 am

Free throws again.
Pacers Forever
Starter

Post#50 » by Pacers Forever » Thu May 9, 2024 2:47 am

Have to say I only saw the flop by Brunson that the refs called a foul on Myles.

Speaking of Myles the friendly ghost. He’s invisible once again and not only Hartenstein abused him but even I Jax looked better again.

Nesmith was not good tonight getting beat by hart offensively and on the boards. Nesmith 2-7 not good coupled with Myles going 3-11.

TJ definitely should’ve been in at the end to guard Brunson.

Pacers played poor defense time after time with Siakam letting Anunoby go off in the first half. Also leaving DiVencenzo open for 3 repeatedly is going to lose the series.

Knicks have scorers and hustlers to their credit and play rough aggressive defense.

As I said before the Pacers deserved to lose this game because a few players efforts were sub par.

I can’t fault our bench.

I do blame our coaching.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#51 » by Wizop » Thu May 9, 2024 2:49 am

Have to wonder if the Knicks injuries come from their heavy minutes at a fast pace. Bottom line though is we have exceeded all preseason expectations.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#52 » by Grang33r » Thu May 9, 2024 3:38 am

Pacers Forever wrote:Pacers don’t deserve to win tonight. Third quarter atrocious. Nesmith, Turner, and Siakam shooting terrible.

Really disappointing. Those three have been basically no-shows this series.

Nesmith 18pts, 7reb, 5ast

Turner 29pts, 9reb, 4ast

Those look like numbers from one game but those are combined Game 1 & 2.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#53 » by Grang33r » Thu May 9, 2024 3:39 am

Wizop wrote:Bottom line though is we have exceeded all preseason expectations.

A day after we bow out, this will be the big point of this season. For sure. The future is bright regardless of how this ends up.
Grang33r
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers

Post#54 » by Grang33r » Thu May 9, 2024 3:41 am

Wizop wrote:Have to wonder if the Knicks injuries come from their heavy minutes at a fast pace.

Injuries are catching up with the Knicks. Only way it'll matter for this series is if the Pacers win their next 2 at home.
Pacersik
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#55 » by Pacersik » Thu May 9, 2024 5:58 am

The first 2 teams facing a Thibodeau playoffs team are facing the best possible opponent.

We need to fight with the usual decline in the back of our minds. We will have more energy at the end of a long series.

My admiration for how good the Knicks are without upper level talent. We got this though if Tyrese totally wakes up :D .
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 959

Post#56 » by Tom White » Thu May 9, 2024 2:13 pm

Pacersik wrote:My admiration for how good the Knicks are without upper level talent. We got this though if Tyrese totally wakes up :D .

They have upper level talent. Brunson and OG in particular. I think the problem is with some of their players not getting the recognition they deserve.

To your second point, Haliburton isn't the only player needing a wake-up call. Or maybe the reverse of the Knicks, we have some guys who have gotten credit above what they really are.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#57 » by Wizop » Thu May 9, 2024 2:40 pm

Tom White wrote:To your second point, Haliburton isn't the only player needing a wake-up call. Or maybe the reverse of the Knicks, we have some guys who have gotten credit above what they really are.

Siakam hasn't had a good game since game two of the Bucks series when Lopez was trying to guard him. I'm particularly frustrated by his missed free throws and his loose handles driving into crowds.
JMaster5K
Senior
And1: 179

Post#58 » by JMaster5K » Thu May 9, 2024 2:47 pm

Tom White wrote:
Pacersik wrote:My admiration for how good the Knicks are without upper level talent. We got this though if Tyrese totally wakes up :D .

They have upper level talent. Brunson and OG in particular. I think the problem is with some of their players not getting the recognition they deserve.

To your second point, Haliburton isn't the only player needing a wake-up call. Or maybe the reverse of the Knicks, we have some guys who have gotten credit above what they really are.

One of the commenters earlier in the playoffs said that the Knicks are the first team ever to win a playoff game without playing a lottery pick. idk if that's true,.. but with Randall out and Burks not playing,.. they did win a game without a lottery pick.
ScienceOfLosing
Sixth Man
And1: 1,786

Post#59 » by ScienceOfLosing » Thu May 9, 2024 9:25 pm

Grang33r wrote:
Wizop wrote:Have to wonder if the Knicks injuries come from their heavy minutes at a fast pace.

Injuries are catching up with the Knicks. Only way it'll matter for this series is if the Pacers win their next 2 at home.

Most of the fans on the Knicks board think the injuries are just coincidental and not at all related to Thibs minutes.
But a lot of us don’t don’t buy the coincidence theory.

He was just voted least wanted to play for from players. (Coincidence.)
We play very physical and with a lot of minutes, disaster waiting to happen (or is that happening?)

We have lost Mitch (but he is a large guy excuse), Randle (topples down when exhausted at end of game, coincidence), OG (a bit freak injury prone and playing lots of minutes when Precious could sub for 10 minutes), (Grimes and RJ on Toronto hurt for a while from… Thibs.)

And this year we lost Obi to you guys for 2 never conveying 2nd rd picks. (To do right by Obi.) But it’s a business?…
Enjoy him and his heart. Maybe we are getting some good calls finally as fill in for the Obi gift?

AI asisted officiating (in part) might help removing the bad reffing, both ways. Knicks got good calls, but all the same I was shocked TJ was allowed to push Brunson so much.) Would like for more consistent calls. Your coach was stupid not to play more TJ, wow. Would like to see a neutral way of tracking the fouling though. The advantage at home should be the crowd and maybe the game gets called more towards the home teams style.

Fun series in many ways.
granger05
Bench Warmer
And1: 485

Post#60 » by granger05 » Thu May 9, 2024 9:56 pm

I hope we get to see Carlisle's list of 78 plays or whatever it is. I just saw some twitter clip of Josh Hart shoving Haliburton in the 3rd quarter. I'm not one that believes there's some league conspiracy, but NBA officiating is consequential. I'd like to see the league be at the forefront of advances in getting things right. There's a whole building in Secacaus looking at replays right? We can't get this together in real-time? Anyway, I want to see this supercut.

The Pacers are up-and-down in these games, but the Knicks shooting has been very timely. I'm sure we're giving up more open looks which helps, but I don't think an 0-2 hole after two road games is the end of the world. In both of these games we've been capable of spurts of good offense and/or good defense. We just aren't putting things together during closing time. Maybe a reffing controversy will help light a fire under them to get things going at home. The idea of submitting specific plays like it's a formal process seems new to me, but I remember Phil Jackson always working the refs through the postgame process. Again, I think the league could try to focus on being the first league to use AI and all these video tools to really get things right. I suspect that initially, the flow of the game would completely grind to a halt and everyone would be outraged. Maybe test it out in the G league?

Return to Indiana Pacers